Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #15
carsismeZ06
Corvette and Camaro lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro...some day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
Plus they blackened in the whole area around the grille. I just simply don't like it. It takes away from the rest of the car.
I guess, but I personally like it.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #16
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
In the C7 concept, so I see a narrow "headlight" strip running along the top of each fender?

I hope not.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:25 AM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Those awful rectangles on the sides where the foglights go have got to be exterminated
I don't like em either. Or the bumper.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #18
carsismeZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
In the C7 concept, so I see a narrow "headlight" strip running along the top of each fender?

I hope not.
I doubt those will be the headlights.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #19
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsismeZ06 View Post
I doubt those will be the headlights.
I think I found where they got their inspiration from!
Attached Images

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #20
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Altho I am a fan of the C2's and C3's I would not like to see the vette co retro. The vette is a progressive car, always looking forward. Yes it carries things for earlier vette's, but not retro like.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #21
carsismeZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Altho I am a fan of the C2's and C3's I would not like to see the vette co retro. The vette is a progressive car, always looking forward. Yes it carries things for earlier vette's, but not retro like.
Yeah, but look at Camaro. They kept progressing, a different looking car for each generation until now. Corvette might be doing the same thing. Bringing back older cars seems to be a trend going in the US, so it won't surprise me if this Corvette goes into production.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:32 PM   #22
Numero_uno

Drives: Nissan Altima
Yeah, I personally think the vette looks like something out of a sci-fi film, at least at that angle. It might look better from the side or something. As for the Camaro, the front end on that thing is hideous, sorry to say. I hope it's just for the film.
Numero_uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #23
carsismeZ06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numero_uno View Post
Yeah, I personally think the vette looks like something out of a sci-fi film, at least at that angle. It might look better from the side or something. As for the Camaro, the front end on that thing is hideous, sorry to say. I hope it's just for the film.
Come on, the front end of the Camaro doesn't look bad, it looks awesome. Am I the only one that thinks it looks cool?!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:32 PM   #24
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
The bumblebee looks cool but I would never pay an extra $6000 to buy it from saleen if that's what it takes.

That Corvette concept looks promising, maybe we can get away from the flatness of previous models.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #25
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
damn if thats the vette it has the C3 writtin all over it. and the camaro the bumper is sweet verry agressive looking, the hood to bulky i think but still nice.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #26
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Count me as one of those who hates the new Bumblebee look. Maybe in time it will grow on me, or if I see it in person, but for now I'm just not digging it.

I'm split on the Vette. I find the C3 an interesting choice for inspiration, though given its insanely long run if you just picked a year at random chances are it would be a C3. I like what I see, but I also agree that the Vette has always been progressive and has never needed to "go retro". Besides, how long will this retro thing last anyway? I'm getting a little tired of hearing about all the new retro cars and how they compare to yesteryear rather than hearing about the cars on their own merits and how they stack up to the competition today and what impact they have on the future.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:51 PM   #27
carsismeZ06

I think it's kinda wierd because GM hasn't said anything about any new Corvette news other than the ZR1, unless it's not a Corvette which is not possible, because it looks exactly like a C3 Corvette.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #28
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Count me as one of those who hates the new Bumblebee look. Maybe in time it will grow on me, or if I see it in person, but for now I'm just not digging it.

I'm split on the Vette. I find the C3 an interesting choice for inspiration, though given its insanely long run if you just picked a year at random chances are it would be a C3. I like what I see, but I also agree that the Vette has always been progressive and has never needed to "go retro". Besides, how long will this retro thing last anyway? I'm getting a little tired of hearing about all the new retro cars and how they compare to yesteryear rather than hearing about the cars on their own merits and how they stack up to the competition today and what impact they have on the future.
I don't think he design is all that retro. It looks like they just exaggerated the front wheel wells giving it a similarity to the C3. Come production time I see that design cue being toned down due to visibility.

Last edited by AFSNightrod; 06-21-2008 at 04:06 PM.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote