Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 07-02-2016, 01:19 AM   #1
gollum

Drives: 1987 305 2 Door Coupe
Need a little help in OZ with my Camaro

Hi guys , got myself my first chev , an 87 Camaro coupe 305, 4 spd auto, 4 barrel Holley ..... finding it hard to get simple parts here in australia and was hoping someone could recommend a good U.S supplier thats happy to ship stuff over here .

The thermostat cover has an electrical fitting and a grey and black vacuum fitting ( this vacuum fitting is broken on mine and i cant source one here )
Rear spoiler brake light and other odds and ends

also im not a fan of just having a temp light,volt light and oil light on the dash and was wondering whats involved in fitting the gauge type dash which is identical but has 3 center gauges instead plus i only have a speedo on one big gauge and a fuel gauge on the other side , no tacho as on the gauge type dash im looking at buying ( will my wiring harness accommodate the gauge type ? )

Last but not least , being a Holden Fan ( GM ) i run recommended Valvoline Engine Armour 15W-40 synthetic blend in my Statesman 5L V8 which is also recommended for our V6 Commodores ( V6 Buick Motor ) ...... would this be ok in the Chev ? the guy i got it from cant tell me what oil has been run in it so im running blind with this old girl , im guessing it should be ok but thought id ask first
Thanks in advance for any advice
gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:13 AM   #2
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I think the recommended oil in the 305 tpi is 5w-30. rickscamaros.com has a lot of 3rd gen parts. Not sure if they'll ship to OZ or not.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:01 AM   #3
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
The following company seems well established:

http://www.newgmparts.com/worlwide-shipping