Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #197
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
An LSU fan and buddy of mine sent me this. It's too funny not to post. Sorry if it is offensive to Alabama and PSU fans.......well not really!
Name:  284695_4500372427965_2136058444_n.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  24.7 KB
Old 09-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #198
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Well finally made it back from Dallas after a good long weekend.

I can honestly say that Jerry's house is as advertised...It is Awesome. We took a facility tour of Cowboys Stadium and were thoroughly impressed. Of course things were high but that was to be expected....tried to see a Rangers game but they were out of town.

People were pretty friendly for the most part..they were a few disgruntled Longhorn Fans but I guess I can understand that but for the most part had a great trip.

Well I was really surprised at how Alabama played against Michigan...In all hoensty I thought they would put up a bigger fight than they did.....Game got pretty vanilla after it was 31-0.......pretty much ran the same plays over and over.

Our true freshman RB did extremely well with over 100 yrds.

As for the rest of college football I have to say I was kinda surprised at a few of the top teams in how they struggled but maybe they will get their act together.

Alot of hype is going on here about Bama being #1 this week after their win and it is fine but really doesn't matter.

As an Alabama fan I was not impressed with our game...people say I am crazy but hear me out.

I saw too many receivers that were open that were simply missed throws...some say good defensive line pressure , some say bad QB...I say bad QB. I do not think Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU, or Mizzo will miss those receivers and since Alabama plays each one of these teams at their place it might be a rude awakening for Alabama if they do not get that problem solved. USC will definitely not miss open receivers.

I do think that we missed alot of open receivers as well and that MUST be fixed......

As far as the SEC vs?????talk and the National Championship.........hmmmmmmmmmmmm each year alot is made over the SEC dominance and being a power conference and alot of truth is in that statement. Especially since they ( SEC ) has won so many in a row....kinda hard to argue with success. Nobody like the same people winning unless it is your team.

I think it affected the Heisman race last year and the reason Trent Richardson didn't win...RGIII was good but there were better Qb's than him....better players with better stats against better competition....People just didn't want to see 3 in a row from teh state of Alabama....Ingram, Newton and Richardson...especially since teh State of Alabama has won the last 3 BCNCG's.

There is ALOT of football left to play and the season is still young...should be real interesting....but remember at the end of last year I said USC will play for the NC, and they are poised to do so if they win.....and they just may win it all.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #199
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post

I can honestly say that Jerry's house is as advertised...It is Awesome. We took a facility tour of Cowboys Stadium and were thoroughly impressed. Of course things were high but that was to be expected....tried to see a Rangers game but they were out of town.

People were pretty friendly for the most part..they were a few disgruntled Longhorn Fans but I guess I can understand that but for the most part had a great trip.

Well I was really surprised at how Alabama played against Michigan...In all hoensty I thought they would put up a bigger fight than they did.....Game got pretty vanilla after it was 31-0.......pretty much ran the same plays over and over.

As for the rest of college football I have to say I was kinda surprised at a few of the top teams in how they struggled but maybe they will get their act together.

Alot of hype is going on here about Bama being #1 this week after their win and it is fine but really doesn't matter.

As an Alabama fan I was not impressed with our game...people say I am crazy but hear me out.

I saw too many receivers that were open that were simply missed throws...some say good defensive line pressure , some say bad QB...I say bad QB. I do not think Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU, or Mizzo will miss those receivers and since Alabama plays each one of these teams at their place it might be a rude awakening for Alabama if they do not get that problem solved. USC will definitely not miss open receivers.

I do think that we missed alot of open receivers as well and that MUST be fixed......

As far as the SEC vs?????talk and the National Championship.........hmmmmmmmmmmmm each year alot is made over the SEC dominance and being a power conference and alot of truth is in that statement. Especially since they ( SEC ) has won so many in a row....kinda hard to argue with success. Nobody like the same people winning unless it is your team.

I think it affected the Heisman race last year and the reason Trent Richardson didn't win...RGIII was good but there were better Qb's than him....better players with better stats against better competition....People just didn't want to see 3 in a row from teh state of Alabama....Ingram, Newton and Richardson...especially since teh State of Alabama has won the last 3 BCNCG's.

There is ALOT of football left to play and the season is still young...should be real interesting....but remember at the end of last year I said USC will play for the NC, and they are poised to do so if they win.....and they just may win it all.
I agree with 98% of everything you said

as for the RGIII I could have cared less who won however just my opinion flashy QB's like RGIII wow voters almost everytime . RGIII just got some lucky runs when they counted and when he needed that perfect pass it was there! lets just say he was hitting on all 8 cylinders when he needed to not to mention the team worked harder to help him get his prize as BAYLOR needed something to pick that program up.

IMO you can have a awsome RB awsome WR and a awsome QB in the end the QB will usually get the prize.

if USC wins Barkley will get the heisman.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #200
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Yepper...I think the game against OU won him the Heisman.
Really interested to see how Texas is going to do thsi year.....Kinda has me a little worried with this 2 QB thing they got going....maybe it is political and the McCoy name is caring him a little....but he ain't no Colt that is for sure.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #201
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Here's my boy making one of his 5 solo tackles vs Idaho state. He plays linebacker for the AF Academy. They have a tough one next week vs a pissed off Michigan team.
Attached Images

HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #202
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Here's my boy making one of his 5 solo tackles vs Idaho state. He plays linebacker for the AF Academy. They have a tough one next week vs a pissed off Michigan team.
Very cool Bull!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #203
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

Cowboys stadium was awesome and yes Bama looked very good. Their OL and DL controlled the line of scrimmage and they played very disciplined and hard. I wouldn't worry about the secondary. They were focused on the run and dared Denard to make the throws, and the gamble paid off.

As for RGIII, you guys are insane if you think he didn't deserve it.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #204
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Here he is as part of a Ram sandwich last year vs Colorado State He is #45
Attached Images

HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
Old 09-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #205
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
That's pretty cool. I hate to say it but I hope Michigan trounces them. Hopefully he has a good game though!

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #206
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Bull, Ill watch the game even closer now for ya.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #207
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Very Cool Bull..........I know it is hard playing college football and even harder when playing for a Service Academy...I applaud him for his service.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #208
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Yepper...I think the game against OU won him the Heisman.
Really interested to see how Texas is going to do thsi year.....Kinda has me a little worried with this 2 QB thing they got going....maybe it is political and the McCoy name is caring him a little....but he ain't no Colt that is for sure.

ASH is the QB Mccoy may come in during a wild cat type situation but Ash is the starter. Mccoy didnt play last week one snap.

No he is no COLT thats for sure.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #209
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #210
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post

So far, more of a game than i thought! Michigan is haning there in pretty well