Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
what to mod next!:)

I have 5gs from a long work month at the oil rigs and i decided to give myself a little Christmas present but just dont know what to get its not enough for a s/c which was my first on the list and a cam seemed like the next big thing but honesrly i dont know what to do nwxt!! And advice or tips!
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
well if you want a supercharger, then just keep saving.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I made a priority list and price, then went down the list. All depends what you want to tackle first, performance or cosmetic? It's a disease so don't expect to stop anytime soon!

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
I have 5gs from a long work month at the oil rigs and i decided to give myself a little Christmas present but just dont know what to get its not enough for a s/c which was my first on the list and a cam seemed like the next big thing but honesrly i dont know what to do nwxt!! And advice or tips!

You can finance a sc...do a 5 grand down payment...then monthly payments on the next 2 grand
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Definitely performance and i know ever since my k&n and axle back and firt time to the tracks its like give me some more!!!! Lol
Old 12-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Who does financing? For the s/c
Old 12-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
Who does financing? For the s/c
Ahhh I forget who it was lol :/...you can always got get a loan for the extra $$$ you need. Or just be patient lol.

Shoot some messages to some sc shops...I'm sure a lot of them finance.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Ahhh I forget who it was lol :/...you can always got get a loan for the extra $$$ you need. Or just be patient lol.

Shoot some messages to some sc shops...I'm sure a lot of them finance.
Yea ima try that or else im just going to have to be patient till February or so lol
Old 12-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
If you are wanting to do forced induction at some point you should knock out your supporting mods first. Long tube headers and some suspension upgrades would be a very good idea. Is your car a manual or auto?
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #10
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

An auto and i hear you last night I ordered some arh 2" with cats and pushrods with valvesprings and a trunion upgrade and idk if to go with eibach multi pro r2 coil overs or pfadt 2.5" adjustment coilovers
Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
It would help to know what your current mods are. If you just purchased headers then that will be a great start.....headers and a tune. Best bang for the buck performance wise.

For an L99 I would then tell you to look at a transmission converter and trans cooler.

You also need to address your suspension if you want to put that power to the ground. Craddle bushings (or inserts), Trailing Arms (and bushings), Toe Rods, and a good Street Aggressive alignment (use the specs from Pedders or Pfadt). That should all come first before coilovers. However, coilovers are definately nice and you should put them on your "To Do" list. I've beaten a good handfull of Camaros with way more power at the track because they couldn't hook and I could (for the most part....still need some drag radials).

Gears are great as well. A real kick in the butt dyno. Makes stop light to stop light driving a hell of a lot of fun.

Don't forget to get an oil catch can if you plan to keep the car for a long time. Ported TB makes for good throttle response.

Not sure what valvesprings and a trunion upgrade are going to do for you unless you're about to drop in a cam. Personally I wouldn't change those out until you do add a cam. No need to go inside the more if it's stock.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #12
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
It would help to know what your current mods are. If you just purchased headers then that will be a great start.....headers and a tune. Best bang for the buck performance wise.

For an L99 I would then tell you to look at a transmission converter and trans cooler.

You also need to address your suspension if you want to put that power to the ground. Craddle bushings (or inserts), Trailing Arms (and bushings), Toe Rods, and a good Street Aggressive alignment (use the specs from Pedders or Pfadt). That should all come first before coilovers. However, coilovers are definately nice and you should put them on your "To Do" list. I've beaten a good handfull of Camaros with way more power at the track because they couldn't hook and I could (for the most part....still need some drag radials).

Gears are great as well. A real kick in the butt dyno. Makes stop light to stop light driving a hell of a lot of fun.

Don't forget to get an oil catch can if you plan to keep the car for a long time. Ported TB makes for good throttle response.

Not sure what valvesprings and a trunion upgrade are going to do for you unless you're about to drop in a cam. Personally I wouldn't change those out until you do add a cam. No need to go inside the more if it's stock.
Thanks for the advice i only have a k&n cai and axle back right now i ordered the lt headers so should be receiving those after xmas and i think im really going to invest the rest in suspension work even without the tune and cai its still tricky to hook up at the tracks
Old 12-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #13
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
So many things to look at if you've got a good handful of cash to spend. Wheels/suspension is usually what I look to if you're just starting to modify!
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #14
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
If you are wanting to do forced induction at some point you should knock out your supporting mods first. Long tube headers and some suspension upgrades would be a very good idea. Is your car a manual or auto?
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post

What these 2 said is very sound advice..

All the power in the world doesn't mean shit if you can't use or put it to the ground. Really pay attention the the bolded area of caverman's post
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote