Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 02-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #15
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed82 View Post
Do we know when and where this year's fest will be?
you missed it, it was last week in Moscow Russia :(.......

it was a heck of a drive, thank goodness for Google Maps, those Dolphins were completely wrong when they told me to turn right at the first Pod of Whales......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #16
Irishblackcoffee

Drives: 13 1LE GBE M6, 12 VR M6 #872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
you missed it, it was last week in Moscow Russia :(.......

it was a heck of a drive, thank goodness for Google Maps, those Dolphins were completely wrong when they told me to turn right at the first Pod of Whales......
Irishblackcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
Were there any vendors installing suspension components at previous fests? Just trying to decide if I should do it there or get it done ahead of time.
I've already got my suspension squared away, but if a reputable shop did a full line of installs for suspension work and that sort of thing, they'd make some CASH there.

I'd be hard pressed to leave without doing something for my rear diff. (yes I originally typed "rear end" but I changed it).
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Get any work you want done before you go or wait until you get home. Installs were few and far between on site.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #19
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
Were there any vendors installing suspension components at previous fests? Just trying to decide if I should do it there or get it done ahead of time.
Raymonds, here in Indy is awesome with these camaros. He will install anything you have, but it will be at the shop probably, not at the fest itself. I think he posted some info on that.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #20
RPI Designs

Drives: 2016 SS 6 Spd
Wish we were able to come this year, but just too busy to leave the shop.... Take pictures for us!
RPI Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #21
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by operator965 View Post

This was the line for AAC last year on Friday afternoon. Just about wasn't able to get a picture of my car!!!!
Here's mine at the front (early am) . I was lucky to be one of the first 5 or 6 in line.
Got my footwell lighting and bling door handles installed at the same time.
Got a free Oracle t-shirt too.
Attached Images

myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #22
SM0KE
IN THE CIRCLE

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Me

SM0KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #23
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
I will be offering rs headlights plus installation also might have some 4 gauge packs.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #24
Ashley@HPE

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkloid View Post
I am just wondering if we will be able to get some things done right at the fest, like stripes, lights, etc. What things were available to have done to your car right at the fest?
HEX Vents will be going to the next Camaro 5 Fest. We'll be doing free installs with the purchase of a set of vents with splash trays ($349).
Ashley@HPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #25
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI Designs View Post
Wish we were able to come this year, but just too busy to leave the shop.... Take pictures for us!
man, that sucks.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Simple installs are one thing but do not get your hopes up for any serious installs being available at the track. The logistics of transporting and setting up the necessary equipment is difficult, if not impossible, and the costs to do so are high. You also have to pay the install crew and cover their travel and lodging costs. Then you have to consider how many actual installs could be performed in the time allotted. It takes about 2 hours to install a set of sway bars, 2.5 hours to install a set of drop springs, 3 hours for rear cradle bushings, etc.. You are talking about 3-4 install per day at most. And then there is the biggest problem. Liability concerns for the company performing the install, Camaro5, and the facility if something bad happened. The business case for it is not just weak, it is nonexistent.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 03-06-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #27
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Simple installs are one thing but do not get your hopes up for any serious installs being available at the track. The logistics of transporting and setting up the necessary equipment is difficult, if not impossible, and the costs to do so are high. You also have to pay the install crew and cover their travel and logging costs. Then you have to consider how many actual installs could be performed in the time allotted. It takes about 2 hours to install a set of sway bars, 2.5 hours to install a set of drop springs, 3 hours for rear cradle bushings, etc.. You are talking about 3-4 install per day at most. And then there is the biggest problem. Liability concerns risk for the company performing the install, Camaro5, and the facility if something bad happened. The business case for it is not just weak, it is nonexistent.
But if we buy from you will one of your employees offer free hugs with each purchase? I guess we should get to pick the employee as well.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #28
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You also have to pay the install crew and cover their travel and logging costs.
Are we bringing lumber jacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblan2 View Post
But if we buy from you will one of your employees offer free hugs with each purchase? I guess we should get to pick the employee as well.
Free hugs from an employee, yes. Unfortunately for you, it's me.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote