Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #85
bb040

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS red jewl tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
Ghost sidemarkers. I liked them, but I hit a deer and trashed one. I broke the tabs off the good one taking it out. I just put the OEM back in the new front bumper. Not worth buying one and hassling to replace the broken tab one. Should have used the money elsewhere.
i wonder if you could have taken a factory maker split it apart and used the back off of it for your ghost maker..just a thought
Old 08-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #86
Z28COP

Drives: 2021 Crush ZLE
This is the best thread! Nothing worse than be excited about a mod and being let down by crappy materials and poor customer service. I feel for some of you. Making my list of what things not to do.
1-27-21 3400 TPW 2-8-21
2-04-21 3800 Built
2-26-21. 4300
3-08-21 Delivered
Z28COP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #87
gafool

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM
yep carid dash crap! lol
gafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #88
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Havoc Spoiler

Havoc spoiler was horrendous! Fitment was a joke, contacted RPI and well I wont even elaborate as you all know how that went. Contacted Havoc themselves, They stated "its surprising it didnt fit considering we have sold thousands and surely we would have known if there were a moulding problem by now". I sent them the pics since they dont lie, nothing sat flat, nothing was moulded to fit unless you like it lifting and showing tape under everything. You can only bend it so much. After multiple attempts by myself and mod shop, we gave up, I got rid of it and went with MPD1 which sat flat first time. Worst mod ever!
Attached Images

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:44 AM   #89
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Painting the gear shift bezel and the bezel that goes around it... Wasted a ton of paint and it doesn't look that great. Also the steering wheel bezel. Time and money wasted. I would do it differently next time.
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #90
jdam1228
Mustang Convert

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVictory View Post
Vinyl bowtie blackouts were the worst thing I ever bought. Deceptively difficult to apply properly, you supposedly have to trim them to fit.... Paid top dollar from a highly regarded forum sponsor and even paid to have them professionally installed alongside my grand sport stripes.

Still looked like shit and eventually just ripped them off and plasti dipped them for a fraction of the cost which looked near flawless.

I'm rocking Lupe's emblems now though. Probably one of my favorite mods thus far.
I heard some nightmare stories about those so I took my bowties off and taped off the chrome part and plasti-dipped the center. They came out GORGEOUS, and it was simple to do.

HIGHLY recommend.

Previous Cars:
-'09 Roush 427R Supercharged Mustang
-'86 Corvette Z51
-'85 Camaro SS
jdam1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #91
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVictory View Post
Vinyl bowtie blackouts were the worst thing I ever bought. Deceptively difficult to apply properly, you supposedly have to trim them to fit.... Paid top dollar from a highly regarded forum sponsor and even paid to have them professionally installed alongside my grand sport stripes.

Still looked like shit and eventually just ripped them off and plasti dipped them for a fraction of the cost which looked near flawless.

I'm rocking Lupe's emblems now though. Probably one of my favorite mods thus far.
I bought this really awesome stretchable sheet of black gloss vinyl decal. It goes on great and easily stretches out the bubbles/creases. You can remove, stretch, and reapply. Then take a sharp razor blade and trim around the bowtie. Very simple.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:04 AM   #92
Bradrulz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdam1228 View Post
I heard some nightmare stories about those so I took my bowties off and taped off the chrome part and plasti-dipped the center. They came out GORGEOUS, and it was simple to do.

HIGHLY recommend.
I have some carbon fiber look vinyl inserts in the front and rear bowties and they look great. I did have them professionally installed as I knew I would screw that up.
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Bradrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #93
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
Havoc spoiler was horrendous! Fitment was a joke, contacted RPI and well I wont even elaborate as you all know how that went. Contacted Havoc themselves, They stated "its surprising it didnt fit considering we have sold thousands and surely we would have known if there were a moulding problem by now". I sent them the pics since they dont lie, nothing sat flat, nothing was moulded to fit unless you like it lifting and showing tape under everything. You can only bend it so much. After multiple attempts by myself and mod shop, we gave up, I got rid of it and went with MPD1 which sat flat first time. Worst mod ever!
I had the exact same problem with the HAVOC spoiler, RPI replaced it by another style very quickly, in my opinion, they had given me SUPER Customer Service!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #94
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
By far my rideskinz bumper.

The "changing" of the contract multiple times (missing spoiler and roof spoiler, and Tony "stopped production" of the vented fenders he was working on), the hassle of bringing my car down to LA multiple times and flying back or flying down and driving my car back on short notice while Tony was late everytime, the shredded inner fender liner from it not being secured correctly and air pushing it back into the tire multiple times, the breaking of tabs on one of my side markers, the ill fitment of the side markers forcing them to fall out of the bumper and hang by the wiring and flapping around scratching the paint (only happened once, I now drive without sidemarkers and put them in when I park) and the chipping of paint on the my hood was not what I had in mind, and one of the major reasons why I'm trading my car in to start fresh.
Jarrod, I would think you would have contacted me to discuss all of this rather than vent your frustration on a public forum. Seems a bit childish and unprofessional to me, especially since you are a moderator on this forum. You have my email address and phone number so why aren't you contacting me to discuss? A lot of the things you discussed were beyond my control since we were using Russ' body shop in Huntington Beach at the time and he and his guys were doing most of the work. I will take partial responsibility for the problems you had since it was me who set up the deal, but for you to go on here and tell half truths about everything is beyond professional. You know for a fact that the only work I personally did on your car was minor installation (grille mesh, LED's and side skirts). Considering you got everything (Aggressor LTZ fiberglass bumper, carbon fiber side skirts, all body work, paint, installation of LED's, grilles, etc.)in exchange FOR A FULL SPONSORSHIP, I don't think you have anything to complain about. You are selling your FREE body kit and making your money back by selling off everything and then some. I got nothing in return from my sponsorship investment. I lost a TON of time money on your car with every little fix. Time and money that could have gone towards better things. But rather than trying to resolve the situation with me, you decided to take the cowards route by bashing me and my company and not taking a minute to discuss a solution. I would be more than happy to resolve this matter and have helped many other people in the past with their situation. You know I don't run a huge corporation, so why are you bad mouthing a small business who is trying to get ahead and fix past mistakes? Before you start pointing the finger and blame everybody and their grandmother and assume that you know everything about the situation, try turning the tables once in a while and look at it from the other side. You might learn something
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #95
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Since we're airing out our dirty laundry and responding to "drama", here's a PM I received from Mindz a few weeks ago asking about the new bumper just to show the general public what's going on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz
Hey Tony,

Can I get some information on the new bumper? How does it work for the people who already have a bumper?

~Jay
Hey Jarrod,
We're doing a special deal for people who have previously purchased (or in your case previously sponsored) the fiberglass bumper. The price is at my cost of .... plus shipping and handling. Options include the mailslot opening (no extra cost), LED's ($65) and ABS grille mesh ($60). Let me know if you're interested and I'll add your name to the waiting list.

Thanks,
Tony

I'll keep this in mind for my new Camaro.

Thanks!

~Jay

So if you had such a bad experience with me and my company then why would you still inquire about the new Aggressor 2? If I would've known you were going to bad mouth me I wouldn't have offered you any sort of deal.
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #96
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I saw this car at Walmart a little while ago. All I could think of was this thread and that one about cheesest mods.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #97
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I saw this car at Walmart a little while ago. All I could think of was this thread and that one about cheesest mods.
AWESOME
Old 08-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #98
robotfighter

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Jarrod, I would think you would have contacted me to discuss all of this rather than vent your frustration on a public forum. Seems a bit childish and unprofessional to me, especially since you are a moderator on this forum. You have my email address and phone number so why aren't you contacting me to discuss? A lot of the things you discussed were beyond my control since we were using Russ' body shop in Huntington Beach at the time and he and his guys were doing most of the work. I will take partial responsibility for the problems you had since it was me who set up the deal, but for you to go on here and tell half truths about everything is beyond professional. You know for a fact that the only work I personally did on your car was minor installation (grille mesh, LED's and side skirts). Considering you got everything (Aggressor LTZ fiberglass bumper, carbon fiber side skirts, all body work, paint, installation of LED's, grilles, etc.)in exchange FOR A FULL SPONSORSHIP, I don't think you have anything to complain about. You are selling your FREE body kit and making your money back by selling off everything and then some. I got nothing in return from my sponsorship investment. I lost a TON of time money on your car with every little fix. Time and money that could have gone towards better things. But rather than trying to resolve the situation with me, you decided to take the cowards route by bashing me and my company and not taking a minute to discuss a solution. I would be more than happy to resolve this matter and have helped many other people in the past with their situation. You know I don't run a huge corporation, so why are you bad mouthing a small business who is trying to get ahead and fix past mistakes? Before you start pointing the finger and blame everybody and their grandmother and assume that you know everything about the situation, try turning the tables once in a while and look at it from the other side. You might learn something
robotfighter is offline   Reply With Quote