Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-29-2014, 11:03 PM   #7099
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Not sure what Sonic everyone else went to, but we went right across the street.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:34 AM   #7100
donnyv

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by danvillekidd View Post
Sorry, missed this. Everything went well. Just took the time to measure everything out as precisely as possible for the height setting. Everything else is unbolt/bolt back in. If you change your ride height, just make sure you get an alignment asap. The coilovers were done in my garage, most of the bushings I did at the auto hobby shop on base. The cradle bushing and sway bars were done in the garage as well.

So who all is going to Hudson's tomorrow?
Myself and Shellie
ZL1 Bee
Midnight Rat
anyone else?
danvillekidd- thank you for the advice. im dropping it about an inch so i was planning on taking it to get aligned as soon as i am done. I was just gonna do the bushings in my garage since i really only need to take the rear cradle ones outs. with all new lower control arms and toe rods and all that it will be minimal removal of old ones and just have the new ones in the new equipment. At least that is my understanding.

and btw has anyone re-geared their cars diff before? im swapping my rear diff internals out and changing to 3.91 gears. debating if its something i can tackle at home or if i should just take the pumkin to a shop.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:36 PM   #7101
zl1 bee

Drives: Super Bee
Had alot of fun last night at hudsons lots of cars showed up.. it's was good to see some of u guys show up
zl1 bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #7102
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyv View Post
danvillekidd- thank you for the advice. im dropping it about an inch so i was planning on taking it to get aligned as soon as i am done. I was just gonna do the bushings in my garage since i really only need to take the rear cradle ones outs. with all new lower control arms and toe rods and all that it will be minimal removal of old ones and just have the new ones in the new equipment. At least that is my understanding.

and btw has anyone re-geared their cars diff before? im swapping my rear diff internals out and changing to 3.91 gears. debating if its something i can tackle at home or if i should just take the pumkin to a shop.
Most of the rear end bushing will be in the new parts you mention. There is one bushing on the wheel hub unit that you could have a new bushing for. Another PITA bushing is the upper control arm inner bushing. That one will need some sort of press unless you got the whole mount/bushing assy. If you are doing the front radius rod bushing, the easiest/safest way is with a hydraulic press to get them out. Some of the new (aftermarket) ones are bonded in and don't need to be pressed in.
As far as the diff goes, that is out of my area. I too many shims/plays for me to want to mess with to learn for doing only once or twice.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:23 AM   #7103
Beckmann2420
Infantry leads the way!

Drives: 2012 SW L99 2SS/RS
Hey all! Looooong time lurker/new member here. Just wanted to say whats up to everyone else in El Paso that has a 5th gen camaro! Right now im not in El Paso however, I am currently in Afghanistan. Im stationed at Fort Bliss in the Army and cant wait to get home, hopefully in less than 2 weeks! Which brings me to my question...

I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering what shop you guys would recommend for a cam install? I was thinking of either going with GPI Rhino's VVT SS3 cam, or Texas Speed's VVT Cam. If not in El Paso, any shops that are close by would be great.

Due to being in the Army and only having one car, being the camaro, its crucial that I plan the time to get the work done around days that I have off just incase I do have to drive far. I cant wait to get back home and get that cam in!

Thanks in advance!

Borla ATAK Catback
C.A.I CAI
JRE Scoop
Elite Catch Can
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
PFADT Tri-Y Long Tube Headers
High Flow Cats
NOWEEDS
GPI VVT SS3 Cam
Circle D 3800 Torque Converter
Tuned by Southwest Speed
Beckmann2420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:50 AM   #7104
zl1 bee

Welcome to the forum I would recommend u go with the Texas speed vvt cam.. there's a place here in el paso called hammer performance that's does all that kind of work u might wanna give them a call
Old 08-31-2014, 08:27 AM   #7105
ENRIKE 23 SS

Drives: Red 2010 SS
CTG

Anyone participating with CTG for the Thanksgiving parade?
ENRIKE 23 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #7106
MightymouseSS

Drives: 2011 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckmann2420 View Post
Hey all! Looooong time lurker/new member here. Just wanted to say whats up to everyone else in El Paso that has a 5th gen camaro! Right now im not in El Paso however, I am currently in Afghanistan. Im stationed at Fort Bliss in the Army and cant wait to get home, hopefully in less than 2 weeks! Which brings me to my question...

I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but I was wondering what shop you guys would recommend for a cam install? I was thinking of either going with GPI Rhino's VVT SS3 cam, or Texas Speed's VVT Cam. If not in El Paso, any shops that are close by would be great.

Due to being in the Army and only having one car, being the camaro, its crucial that I plan the time to get the work done around days that I have off just incase I do have to drive far. I cant wait to get back home and get that cam in!

Thanks in advance!
For vvt GPI rhino is your best bet. There's also some good shops in Albuquerque. I have no experience with hammer performance in EP but I know they don't have dyno services available. I did my cam at southwest speed in Albuquerque the prices are good and Ivan has lots of experience he does several cams ls3 & vvt cars every week and has a dyno in house to get her dialed in.
SLP loudmouth 2
Nightfury Cam
Mike Norris CC
Tuned by Southwest Speed
MightymouseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:35 PM   #7107
zl1 bee

Yea southwest speed is pretty good and MightymouseSS is right they have a dyno.. hammer performance Doesn't have 1 yet
Old 09-01-2014, 02:25 AM   #7108
MR.Mean

Drives: 2012 camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPUNISHER View Post
Just wanted to say hi to all you guys... And to the few I got to see why I was home it was great to see you.... And to the ones I missed, I hope to see you in Nov. and if God willing I will be home for good. I fly back to the Stan on Weds.... So hope to hear or see as many more of you guys as I can before I leave.... Shout out to Mr. Mean..... We Punished that 5.0 like there is no tomorrow.... Between the SS Punisher and the Nightmare.... It had no chance... May it R.I.P. lol......
Hell yea brother
Old 09-01-2014, 07:01 AM   #7109
Beckmann2420
Infantry leads the way!

Drives: 2012 SW L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightymouseSS View Post
For vvt GPI rhino is your best bet. There's also some good shops in Albuquerque. I have no experience with hammer performance in EP but I know they don't have dyno services available. I did my cam at southwest speed in Albuquerque the prices are good and Ivan has lots of experience he does several cams ls3 & vvt cars every week and has a dyno in house to get her dialed in.
Thanks a lot man, Ill have to check that out. Southwest speed's 4 hour drive from El Paso sure does beat 9+ hours of other places I was considering.

Borla ATAK Catback
C.A.I CAI
JRE Scoop
Elite Catch Can
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
PFADT Tri-Y Long Tube Headers
High Flow Cats
NOWEEDS
GPI VVT SS3 Cam
Circle D 3800 Torque Converter
Tuned by Southwest Speed
Beckmann2420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:18 AM   #7110
SSPUNISHER

Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.Mean View Post
Hell yea brother
Mr. Mean we kicked ass!!!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #7111
Inferno Z

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Vortech Supercharged
Sorry guys I haven't posted anything in a long while. Been real busy with work. Last week I took my camaro to Vivid Racing in phoenix. It went great. They installed a Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Supercharging System w/Intercooler, fuel management unit, hurst shifter, cam shaft, and SCT tuned.

Inferno Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #7112
Inferno Z

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Vortech Supercharged

Inferno Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001