Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 08:03 AM   #85
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
I very rarely post political stuff but after having been unable to post all week due to computer issues, I feel compelled to chime in now that I can log back in.

I am a lifelong independent. I voted for Bill Clinton the first time and came "this close" to voting for Obama the first time. I have been known to vote Democrat on local and state races many times in the past.

Unfortunately, I have witnessed the Democrat party get co-opted by the far left fanatics over the past 20 years. And during the Obama years and then during Trump's era, it became apparent that liberals were/are the most dangerous thing to happen to this country in my lifetime. We thought the cold war was bad...it pales in comparison to what Americans are doing to their own country today.

I don't understand the weakness that has pervaded the Democrat party. Kennedy is surely rolling over in his grave. Offended by mean tweets? Good grief. Grow up and kill your social media. Learn some critical thinking skills and stop taking your talking points from bumper stickers.

Because of what the Democrat party has demonstrated over the past 20 years, I will never vote for anything or anyone supported by that ticket again. I would vote for a box of cat shit before voting for another Democrat. They brought it on themselves.

That's all I got to say and I will never bring it up again in this forum...grin...
Old 09-26-2022, 09:05 AM   #86
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
10th Gen Camaro

Attachment 1109470
Thanks for the laugh!
Old 09-26-2022, 11:59 AM   #87
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
it became apparent that liberals were/are the most dangerous thing to happen to this country in my lifetime.

Yeah, so, this statement right here is what's wrong with our country. We've lost both our backbone and our common sense.

I don't vote, and I could give a falling fig about politics, but I'm not so stupid as to not see that the GOP has become a political cancer. White supremacy, Christian nationalism, hypocrites out the wazoo, insane election deniers, irrational health/science deniers, and Trump (need I say more). I literally wouldn't vote for a Republican at the moment if you paid me, and if that means having EV garbage pushed down my throat, then so be it, because honestly, regardless of who you shove into the WH and Congress, EV (and other fuel alternative vehicles) seem like a foregone conclusion at this point.
Old 09-26-2022, 12:14 PM   #88
ElderJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Then why are you hanging out and posting on a car forum where people are diametrically opposed to your notion of, ‘it’s just a piece of transportation?’ We are passionate about these cars. And that’s putting it mildly.

Well, maybe because I drive a Camaro and am interested in how to keep it running, fix it when it breaks down, help others resolve their issues where possible, etc.
I'm certainly not here to mess up your circle jerk if that's what you're thinking. Hand job your buddies all you want to, chief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto
And your other notion that gas prices fluctuate with all parties, BS

Go to your browser, type "Google" in the search bar, then type "historical gas prices" and you'll notice a very interesting trend: gas prices fluctuate regardless of the party in power. Not that hard to figure out, really.
Old 09-26-2022, 12:18 PM   #89
ElderJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Blue or red, if you cancel the finishing of a fully funded pipeline which would allow for billions of barrels of oil into the country or to come from an oil rich portion of our country, eliminate or extreme limiting of extraction leases, and other significant restrictions placed on the oil and gas industry. Simple supply and demand is why gas prices are high. You limit the supply and maintain the demand, the prices go up. You flood the supply and maintain the demand, the prices go down.

The only problem with your statement (which is absolute true at its core) is that the world-ending decision to close the pipeline didn't impact our reserves or cost of gas in one iota. Experts are pointing to the COVID crisis, war in Ukraine, and a few other economic issues as to the reason for the increase.
Conspiracy theorists would say that the price is being artificially and purposefully inflated so as to push the manufacturing of EV. I put about as much faith in conspiracy theorists as Fiat puts into the quality of their vehicles.
Old 09-26-2022, 12:23 PM   #90
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Holy sh#@
Old 09-26-2022, 12:49 PM   #91
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
First time since joining the forum that I felt the actual need to use the ignore feature. Thankfully, it’s there… so long EJ.
Old 09-26-2022, 01:14 PM   #92
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I’m always in need of a good laugh… I just got one!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Old 09-26-2022, 01:41 PM   #93
ElderJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
First time since joining the forum that I felt the actual need to use the ignore feature. Thankfully, it’s there… so long EJ.

I'll try to manage without your wise input into my life
Old 09-26-2022, 04:11 PM   #94
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post
...White supremacy, Christian nationalism, hypocrites out the wazoo, insane election deniers, irrational health/science deniers, and Trump (need I say more). I literally wouldn't vote for a Republican at the moment if you paid me, ...
Yikes.

So you think that overall, as a whole, the republican party stands for these things?

There are sad extremes on both parties, and you just pointed out the far extremes on one side. Now lets consider the extremes on the other side. It isn't pretty there either man.

Sadly it's "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" and that's exactly what is going on. It's the crazies on both sides making the most noise and getting most of the attention, because that's what our media feeds on, and it's like a damn cancer on our country.
Old 09-26-2022, 04:26 PM   #95
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yikes.

So you think that overall, as a whole, the republican party stands for these things?

There are sad extremes on both parties, and you just pointed out the far extremes on one side. Now lets consider the extremes on the other side. It isn't pretty there either man.

Sadly it's "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" and that's exactly what is going on. It's the crazies on both sides making the most noise and getting most of the attention, because that's what our media feeds on, and it's like a damn cancer on our country.
Well said.
Old 09-26-2022, 05:29 PM   #96
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Yikes.

According to people like him, every republican is a Klansman and Trump was a Nazi. Literally pointless to debate wackadoos like that.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:58 PM   #97
Danial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
According to people like him, every republican is a Klansman and Trump was a Nazi. Literally pointless to debate wackadoos like that.
The mistake most liberals make is assuming that only republicans/conservatives hate liberalism. That's why they will lose spectacularly in November.
Old 09-26-2022, 08:01 PM   #98
Danial

Quote:
Yikes.

I see a difference however. The extremists on the right don't hold the kind of power that the extremists on the left do. That's why the country has gone to shit in the past couple years.
Closed Thread