Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
rozarioorlan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
The Overkill 80MM Ported Throttle Body

The Ported 80mm Overkill Throttle Body!

If you have the 80mm throttle body and are looking to get more throttle response, a better feeling power delivery and a couple horsepower while at it, this is the move! I loved my standard 80mm, however there was a dead spot up until about 2000RPM. This wasn’t a huge issue, but when you are driving stoplight to stoplight and are on the highway cruising, but need to give it a little extra gas, it becomes noticeable. Don’t get me wrong, the 80mm throttle body is an awesome, easy mod, but there’s always room for improvement!

The install took 2 minutes and started up and ran with no problems. Right off the bat I noticed there was literally no lag in the throttle response at low RPM, which is the most noticeable improvement with any ported throttle body. I haven’t drove my car in two weeks prior to the install, but it definitely feels like it gained a little more power according to my butt dyno. It also delivers the power much smoother and wants to get up and go no matter what gear or RPM you’re at. I’m waiting for some HFC to be delivered, and will retune once installed so it is possible there is more room for improvement! This mod does not require a tune/retune, but it’s always good to check up with your tuner after a new mod to make sure everything is running top notch.

For those who ask about the HP gains: I wasn’t able to dyno before and after so I can’t give numbers. However, the stock 72mm ported throttle body and upgrading to the 80mm all shown some power gains. Because of that, who’s to say this one won’t have any gains?! Also, it was debated a while ago that the car might not need and use all the extra air from the 80mm, unless you had FI, but again the numbers show on the dyno.

I wasn’t given the product for free, nor do I work with anyone on this page, I just wanted to give a honest review on a service that is on the come up for the 80mm. Contact Kenny Camaro Roberts as he is the one who is doing the porting for the 80mm!
Attached Images

2013 2LS - K&N CAI, Overkill Ported 80mm Throttle Body, Overkill E85 Kit and Overkill Tune, Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer, Stealth 3.0 TC, ARH Catted Downpipes, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Resonator Delete, Jones Full Boar Racing Mufflers, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Seperator
rozarioorlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:51 PM   #2
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Hey, that looks VERY familiar!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:04 PM   #3
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Looks good
Old 12-02-2017, 11:24 PM   #4
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2017 zl1 ,2010 SS /RS L99
That looks awesome . Am looking for one for myself.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:25 PM   #5
stlsv6

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ls
I'm looking to get one as well, thanks for the info
stlsv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #6
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Looks hideous, but if it works, it works!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #7
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@ View Post
Looks hideous, but if it works, it works!
I did have them look prettier , but Tracy Lewis said it it was beneficial to "scratch" the surface of the entire TB to facilitate improved air flow. I'll go with over forty years performance improvement experience and take his advice.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:40 PM   #8
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
The Overkill 80MM Ported Throttle Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
I did have them look prettier , but Tracy Lewis said it it was beneficial to "scratch" the surface of the entire TB to facilitate improved air flow. I'll go with over forty years performance improvement experience and take his advice.

Right, I understand that, anyone with any sense would not polish anything ported. Maybe it's just the pictures, but it just looks unfinished. They will look better with practice. Like I said, if it works it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 04:56 PM   #9
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@ View Post
Right, I understand that, anyone with any sense would not polish anything ported. Maybe it's just the pictures, but it just looks unfinished. They will look better with practice. Like I said, if it works it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please explain. What looks unfinished and why? When's the last time you looked at a stock one?
Old 12-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #10
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Here's a picture of two stock 80 mm Throttlebodies, one with the throttle plate up, the other the plate facing the opposite way. How is the ported one unfinished?
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #11
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Here's my freshly ported tb... noticeable difference...???
Attached Images

2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:34 PM   #12
rozarioorlan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
I feel like I know what both of you are saying. My old 72mm ported throttle body looked “clean” like the one above this post. The ones Kenny are doing now only have those scratches because it was recommended to him. They are complete, but I believe he adds the scratch makes after the porting, making it look dirty and incomplete. I have no knowledge on porting, but this one works perfectly fine and was an improvement over the standard 80mm, so although it doesn’t look like a freshly ported one, it serves its purpose.
2013 2LS - K&N CAI, Overkill Ported 80mm Throttle Body, Overkill E85 Kit and Overkill Tune, Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer, Stealth 3.0 TC, ARH Catted Downpipes, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Resonator Delete, Jones Full Boar Racing Mufflers, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Seperator
rozarioorlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:37 PM   #13
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
Here's my freshly ported tb... noticeable difference...???
Yeah it looks like mine after I scotch bright it and before I scuff it with the 80 grit. Here's a pic of one without the scratches as the final finish. This is before working on the pivot bat a bolts also.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #14
the85darkknight

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
Does anyone know what this TB originally came off of? I misunderstood, and I thought willoverkill was making a new TB. Don't get me wrong. I am happy that he managed to match a bigger TB with the LFX. I was just curious. He did a phenomenal job making that adapter plate, and I eagerly await Kenny Camaro's ported 80mm TB.

Last edited by the85darkknight; 05-10-2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Improper tagging of users
the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote