Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #85
Redwolf20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Totally unacceptable if that is how it really is. Wonder how it changed because these pics show it being okay.
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #86
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Another OMG the sky is falling interior thread, with that said it does look like crap and GM needs to be Johnny on the spot to get it fixed. Still not a deal breaker for me I for one deal with mostly classics and for anyone out there who does as well knows about all the flaws they can bring. So if it doesn't get fixed I look to my upholstery guy to make it right. My 2 cents.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #87
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Joe I wish I could agree but there are many cars in this price range that pull it off so sorry i dont
Old 03-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #88
paulm85
Red Jewl

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
jebussssss -if you dont want the car dont buy it we dont want to hear you crying
you see one picture and all of a sudden the cars a piece of crapp-----yet you see 3 or more pics where the allaignment is perfect and you dont comment on those

No...I like all others on the thread love the car and will be buying one and I am sorry I HAVE TO WORK AND CAN"T BE ON THE COMPUTER ALL THE TIME, that is why I haven't commented on the other pics.

I just want GM to hit a home run with this car and if even one out of 30 has a problem then it will be a big problem.

Things like this do concern some people when throwing down their hard earned money.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel/CGM stripes vin #38202

Permagrin started on 9/12/2009
Old 03-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #89
ArcAngel

Once again paulm85 you are looking through your eyes and not kool-aid I congratulate you!! If 1 out of every 1000 cars has this problem it will be huge to the general public let us not kid ourselves!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #90
paulm85
Red Jewl

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Once again paulm85 you are looking through your eyes and not kool-aid I congratulate you!! If 1 out of every 1000 cars has this problem it will be huge to the general public let us not kid ourselves!!!
Man we must really think alike on this issue

I have never been agreed with so much on a forum before..
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel/CGM stripes vin #38202

Permagrin started on 9/12/2009
Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #91
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Hendrick saw it and told the guys not to worry about it. He was going to put a roll cage in it, and make Jeff a dirt car for the off season.

Seriously just look it over, and again, and again, and again, before you leave with it.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #92
Camaroyoung

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS BLk/IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
A GOOD dealer would "adjust and correct" during the PDI to eliminate an alignment issue before the customer gets the vehicle. All part of the process. If it GOT to the customers hands and the dealer didn't correct it, it could be done under warranty.
__________________________________________________ _______________

I"ll be checking mine. If it isn't right, the dealer will be fixing it! See how easy that is!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #93
ArcAngel

yes it seems so Paul. Some people do not understand on this forum that the perception problem GM has came from these kinds of issues and if GOD forbid a magazine or reviewer gets a car like this its GAME OVER. If the GP gets cars like this word of mouth will continue to erode that perception, and fellas perception is REALITY in this business. Camaroyoung the point is WHY should we HAVE to get it FIXED??
Old 03-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #94
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Joe I wish I could agree but there are many cars in this price range that pull it off so sorry i dont
If by "this price range" you mean 35-40K, I agree, but one of the ways they've kept the price of the new Camaro down is by putting the $23,000.00 interior in all models. That's econo-car territory, not a segment known for seamless high-brow interiors. I think Chevy would have been better off with a retro dash separate from the doors. Isn't that how Mustang does it?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:48 AM   #95
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Hey I know if it doesn't get fixed and my upholstery guy fixes it I'll have ambient lighting add to the dash too.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #96
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
yes it seems so Paul. Some people do not understand on this forum that the perception problem GM has came from these kinds of issues and if GOD forbid a magazine or reviewer gets a car like this its GAME OVER. If the GP gets cars like this word of mouth will continue to erode that perception, and fellas perception is REALITY in this business. Camaroyoung the point is WHY should we HAVE to get it FIXED??

Can you imagine the Camaro loosing a comparison to the Mustang because of "embarrassing interior quality"?

Talk about blowing sales.
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."
Old 03-19-2009, 10:50 AM   #97
ArcAngel

Joe that argument only holds water if the majority of people are buying the LS which the majority are not. The average cost is gonna be around 33-35000 for the average buyer. Do you think that buyer sives a shit there is a 23000 LS? No all he cares is crap I spent 33+ K and my interior doesnt line up WTF.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #98
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Remi View Post
If by "this price range" you mean 35-40K, I agree, but one of the ways they've kept the price of the new Camaro down is by putting the $23,000.00 interior in all models. That's econo-car territory, not a segment known for seamless high-brow interiors. I think Chevy would have been better off with a retro dash separate from the doors. Isn't that how Mustang does it?

....It STARTS that low...

But your looking at a 36k+ car. Want a comparison side by side picture with some of the competiton?
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."

Closed Thread