Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 07-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
BlackSunshine87
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Black/Black 2SS RS Camaro
Send a message via MSN to BlackSunshine87
Angry $#!% FENDER BENDER!

Well, what can a say?
I was on my way to work, crusin' along, enjoying the 20min drive in my beloved Camaro. Finally got to my exit and was approaching the light behind a Nissan Versa ( a hollow shell of a vehicle not suitable to be driven in the United States of America). As we came up on the light, it was red but we were both turning right, so we stopped and he went to turn so I scooted up and was watching oncoming traffic to my left when I felt a sudden jerking and heard a small crunch. I immediately was flooded with mixed emotions of overwhelming sorrow for my poor Betty, and rage at the @ hole who didn't follow through with his turn. At this point I realized there was nothing I could do, in the eyes on the law it was my fault and giving the foreigner in his oversized childs toy a good ol' American @$$ kicking, no matter how good it would feel, would only make matters worse for myself. So we exchanged info and I continued my way onto base.

That's how my day started, I'll post pics when I get off later. I hope you all have a better day than me!

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's ******."
BlackSunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Yeah, i've witnessed accidents like that before. That's why I never look for oncoming traffic until it's my turn...sucks for you man. hope it wasn't too bad!
Old 07-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
ive seen this at least twice before. Super duper sorry for you bud - but it is mostly your fault. Imagine if the roles were reversed and you were the one who was nipped by the SUV.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #4
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Sorry... that sucks....
Old 07-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
"At this point I realized there was nothing I could do, in the eyes on the law it was my fault and giving the foreigner in his oversized childs toy a good ol' American @$$ kicking, no matter how good it would feel"

Wait, you rear ended him and you wanted to beat him up??

I HAVE NOW READ IT ALL ON CAMARO5.COM!!

Last edited by SSOOCH; 07-08-2010 at 02:50 PM.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Unfortunately, you do the crime - you pay the time... It sucks though. Own up and call it a lesson learned. Hate it for you though. Damage??
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:47 PM   #7
aet08

Drives: c
sorry man :(
aet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
that sucks, but it seems like you'd have paid better attention driving such a beautiful car.. i know i try i get mad when someone gets too close to me
LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
ouch
Old 07-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #10
BlackSunshine87
SoCal C5 Family Member

Thank God for full coverage, I'll be in the body shop first thing Monday morning, and all will be well again soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Wait, you rear ended him and you wanted to beat him up??
Yeah, I was pissed. He turned and then stopped, causing me to damage my FN CAMARO on his crappie little car. Yes, it was my fault but when something like that happens (and your 23) you want to hit someone. I didn't, but i wanted too.

Anyway, lesson learned, and this being the first accident I've ever been in, I'll be glad it was as minor as it was.

"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's ******."
Old 07-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
BlackSunshine87
SoCal C5 Family Member

Old 07-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #12
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
i did the same thing before, and felt the same way...guy pulled out to go in front of me, went 10feet and stopped, had allll the time in the world too...
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:56 PM   #13
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSunshine87 View Post
Well, what can a say?
I was on my way to work, crusin' along, enjoying the 20min drive in my beloved Camaro. Finally got to my exit and was approaching the light behind a Nissan Versa ( a hollow shell of a vehicle not suitable to be driven in the United States of America). As we came up on the light, it was red but we were both turning right, so we stopped and he went to turn so I scooted up and was watching oncoming traffic to my left when I felt a sudden jerking and heard a small crunch. I immediately was flooded with mixed emotions of overwhelming sorrow for my poor Betty, and rage at the @ hole who didn't follow through with his turn. At this point I realized there was nothing I could do, in the eyes on the law it was my fault and giving the foreigner in his oversized childs toy a good ol' American @$$ kicking, no matter how good it would feel, would only make matters worse for myself. So we exchanged info and I continued my way onto base.

That's how my day started, I'll post pics when I get off later. I hope you all have a better day than me!
I had the exact same thing happen to me except we had the green light (so no oncoming traffic to worry about) and he slammed on his brakes on purpose. This happened in Arlington, TX, I had a witness who saw what happened. I tapped him going about 10 mph. Did little damage to his car but screwed up the front end of my Trans Am. He spoke no English and had no license or insurance (typical) and had the audacity to claim a serious neck injury. He was basically scamming my insurance company for a bogus claim. Insurance company refused to pay and he ended up dropping his claim. In the end, my rates didn't go up. So now, I don't look back for traffic if there is someone else in front of me turning as well. It's tempting to do but I learned my lesson.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #14
MaroSS
ZL1

Drives: 10' SS/RS - Sold; 15' White ZL1
DAMNNNN Sorry bud.