Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #15
Milkdudd

Drives: Saturn XR V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
I wouldn't even of bought it if they were to stupid to drill the license plate.
I would agree if I ordered the car and gave them specific instructions, no doubt. But to find this car on a lot, saying "buy me" it would be tough to let it break the deal. I say put some cool custom plate on it for now and enjoy it (without waiting three months or so).
Milkdudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #16
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
You made a great choice in cars. Looking forward to your honest comparisons.
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #17
racerx1214

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Thanks dudes for the welcome!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20 View Post
ANDY ANDY ANDY LOL
AND YOU WHERE KICKING ON ME ON FB TODAY
You know you can't believe anything on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
Nice score man but I wouldn't even of bought it if they were to stupid to drill the license plate..

I recently just got mine as well like a week ago , and I told my sales guy like a hundred times, 'if they drill the plate I'm not buying it ' lucky for me they listened!!
My choices were very limited. I had a black one 4 hrs away, silver one 6 hrs away, and crystal 6 hrs away without buying a 2SS. Between waiting, and dealing with the bumper, I chose the bumper. Sucks, but I'll throw a USA1 plate on til I get it finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
You made a great choice in cars. Looking forward to your honest comparisons.
I've always been a GM guy, so when I bought the mustang, it was a change. I haven't even driven the 1LE besides bringing it home, but I can tell that it is going to be nasty in the twisties. The 3.91s help the car feel faster, I had 31's in the mustang. Feels flatter in turns, and the brakes are 100% better. The mustang made 415/391 with catless pipes and CAI, but I missed the ease of the LS. The interior blows compared to the mustang, but kinda hard to compare a 1SS interior to a GT premium w/rapid spec interior. I wish Chevy would have put the blind spot mirrors on like Ford did, and driving this is much more of a chore as far as visibility. But the 5.0 wasn't a Chevy. And therefore I am back.
racerx1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #18
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx1214 View Post

I've always been a GM guy, so when I bought the mustang, it was a change. I haven't even driven the 1LE besides bringing it home, but I can tell that it is going to be nasty in the twisties. The 3.91s help the car feel faster, I had 31's in the mustang. Feels flatter in turns, and the brakes are 100% better. The mustang made 415/391 with catless pipes and CAI, but I missed the ease of the LS. The interior blows compared to the mustang, but kinda hard to compare a 1SS interior to a GT premium w/rapid spec interior. I wish Chevy would have put the blind spot mirrors on like Ford did, and driving this is much more of a chore as far as visibility. But the 5.0 wasn't a Chevy. And therefore I am back.

I've always been a Ford guy and this is my second camaro/Chevy ever.
The first Chevy I bought was a 12 L99 six months ago and I loved it.. with that said it was the first auto I ever bought in a muscle /sports car and I just missed having a manual, fast forward 6/7 months here and I trade it for what I think is the best Camaro Chevy has to offer, with the exception of the ZL1 (didn't want to spend 60k), not to mention that's debatable
anyways!
Reason for my story is I loved my mustang's and was always that guy who said eww Chevy sucks and blah blah and so for. Until I actually bought/drove one and then I wanted to kick myself square in the ass...
Point is that the camaro is just a better car. Better feel better road mannerisms, better brakes, power feels amazing but will leave that one up in the air and won't say better, definitely better handling, and I gotta be honest about something I was kinda in denial about before The Looks Are Definitely Better!!! Well sure I can go on but I think you get the point.

Oh and as far as the interior goes the blind spots definitely do blow but it's cause of that awesome body style it's like that and I don't think the interior of either car is better then the other, I think they both have there strong points, but one thing that definitely goes to the camaro is comfort with out a doubt!!
By the way the last two cars I had before graduating to the Chevy's were a 2003 cobra and a 2010 Shelby GT500 , SO YOU KNOW I AIN'T LYING HERE!!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #19
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Lucky find, I wanted a white one, but didn't want to wait either. The only 1LE I could find around here was black, which is cool, but not what I want. So I bought a ZL1 instead.
djnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #20
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Nice 1LE!
get ZL1 rockers for it!!!!
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #21
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Yeah, I've heard some Mustang guys say their interiors are better, but my 2SS interior suits me fine. About the blind spots, I adjusted my mirrors out somewhat, so the side of the car is not visible, and....NO blind spots. Saw a video on here somewhere about this, and it really works. Glad you guys are happy with your new machines.
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #22
racerx1214

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Yeah, I've heard some Mustang guys say their interiors are better, but my 2SS interior suits me fine. About the blind spots, I adjusted my mirrors out somewhat, so the side of the car is not visible, and....NO blind spots. Saw a video on here somewhere about this, and it really works. Glad you guys are happy with your new machines.

Thanks for the tip. Will try that if it ever warms up enough to drive the car.

I will say, that the GTO interior was still nicer and tighter than either of the 2. Australians could build some seats.
racerx1214 is offline   Reply With Quote