Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-14-2015, 01:52 PM   #43
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
I say bracket race everything then everybody will get a chance to run,(less confusion) with 1st and 2nd round buybacks, at $25 a buyback. Get a venue that has road course, dragstrip autocross, and show spots all together. Do it at least 2-4 weeks before school starts, there are a lot of teachers that can't make the week before school.

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #44
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLLDaFieL View Post
Index racing then, they put me on V8 Mod, because I had a BBK PTB, no headers, no CAM, no HF Cats. While I see a car o V8 with Headers and CAM. The end result was and 13 sec car vs a 11 sec car.
And I would dyno my car just to get a idea, but I could tune as well with the dyno, plus the vendors could install upgrades parts and then dyno and tune to the new upgrades.
Just a thought, I had no idea if it is feasible or even worth to have a set up like that at the Fest.
Still I had the time of my life, can't wait to the next one.
If your car is not tuned you should have been V8 Stock. We made the rules very simple for the V-8's and it's been that way 2 straight years.

1) anything with 17" wheels or smaller was unlimited class
2) anything force inducted is super-mod (18" wheels or larger)
3) anything with a tune is modified. (Headers or internal mods normally require a tune.)
Old 08-14-2015, 02:34 PM   #45
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If your car is not tuned you should have been V8 Stock. We made the rules very simple for the V-8's and it's been that way 2 straight years.

1) anything with 17" wheels or smaller was unlimited class
2) anything force inducted is super-mod (18" wheels or larger)
3) anything with a tune is modified. (Headers or internal mods normally require a tune.)
Funny, I was put in stock V8 when I said I had all those things in number 3 lol AND STILL GOT WHOOPED. Also didn't help that it was my first time out.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:50 PM   #46
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Funny, I was put in stock V8 when I said I had all those things in number 3 lol AND STILL GOT WHOOPED. Also didn't help that it was my first time out.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #47
Imdyinhere
Keeper of the Gold Acorn

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Maybe a class in between Stock and Modified (Like Street or Super Stock) for those that have no power adders such as nitrous or cams. Us folks with just headers and intake cannot compete with a cam & heads car even though both would be considered "modified" due to being tuned.

600 -Unlimited
500-Super Modified
400- Modified
300 - Super Stock or Street
200 - Stock
100 - V-6 Class

I think just adding that 6th class would do wonders for the amount of people drag racing.
2011 RJT 2SS/RS - Kooks 1-7/8 Long Tubes, High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, MTI Short Throw Shifter, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Fasster Billet Fuel Rails & Custom Braided Vapor and Fuel Lines, CAI Cold Air Intake, RX Catch Can, Nitto Invos, Hawk HPS, BMR Trailing Arms, 2x Zapco ST4x-SQ amps, ST850x-II Sub amp, Morel Tempo 6 componenets, Morel Maximo 6x9, Morel 124 Primo Sub, Zapco DSP8Z Processor... More to Come.
Imdyinhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #48
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
And yes I completely agree about the car show area. We (the host club) wanted to have it in the grassy area where LSfest does it but it ended up being the moderators decision and we just had to kinda work with it. I do hope though that they will change it if fest comes back to bowling green. It would be much easier to get cars that need to race in and out and as well as keeping traffic away from the vendor area where lots of people were constantly walking and shopping.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:11 PM   #49
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I agree Karen. LS Fest car show has been held in that grassy area for years even in years when there has been rain like we had this year. Once cars are parked they an clean off the grass from their wheels & just stay put & it's all good. They do the drive up judging so that if they want to run autocross or drag racing or both they can & don't have to stay in the car show area. There is plenty of room so that it does not interfere with autocross & drag racers can park in the area where they can better hear the speakers.

Like I said several times, no need to reinvent the wheel. LS Fest has been doing this long enough to have it down to a fine art.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:12 PM   #50
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
And yes I completely agree about the car show area. We (the host club) wanted to have it in the grassy area where LSfest does it but it ended up being the moderators decision and we just had to kinda work with it. I do hope though that they will change it if fest comes back to bowling green. It would be much easier to get cars that need to race in and out and as well as keeping traffic away from the vendor area where lots of people were constantly walking and shopping.
That is not entirely true. This is the original map we were with but after all the rain on Thursday and reports that the area was un-even we moved it to pavement.

Easy fix for next time.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  68.8 KB
Old 08-14-2015, 06:21 PM   #51
RubyCamaro
Jan

The areas marked in the pic are not the grassy areas where LS Fest has the car show. They park most of them in the area next to where Autocross racers park & back toward & behind the bleachers and the area beyond that. (at the bottom of your pic & some not in the pic).
Old 08-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #52
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
The areas marked in the pic are not the grassy areas where LS Fest has the car show. They park most of them in the area next to where Autocross racers park & back toward & behind the bleachers and the area beyond that. (at the bottom of your pic & some not in the pic).
I'm 100% aware of that. Just showing what we had planned and our AutoX setup used a lot of the grassy area to cool down cars and stage.

So to keep the thread on track we probably need pre-registration for car show so we have an idea of how many cars are showing and what space we need to park them in.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #53
RubyCamaro
Jan

Yeah, they (LS Fest) use the same area you did for cool down/parking & still plenty of room for car show.

I agree about pre-registration for the car show. More info is always a good thing.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:50 PM   #54
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Yeah, they (LS Fest) use the same area you did for cool down/parking & still plenty of room for car show.

I agree about pre-registration for the car show. More info is always a good thing.
and LS Fest has WAY more cars than we do. I don't think our car show folks would have been too happy on the other side of the track (they got prime parking). We did good keeping as many cars together as we could and it's nice to have the show cars accessible for viewing. The area inside the staging lanes could have been used for some parking as well.

I plan to go to LS Fest next month. Met a lot of great folks from Holley and they supported us very well this year.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #55
RubyCamaro
Jan

You'll love LS Fest. It is a blast. I doubt I'll make it up there this year since they no longer will have a 5th Gen class so I can't run anymore.

We now return to your regularly scheduled thread.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:42 AM   #56
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That is not entirely true. This is the original map we were with but after all the rain on Thursday and reports that the area was un-even we moved it to pavement.

Easy fix for next time.

Attachment 737470
Not the right grassy area. That area in back does suck. You remember that road that starts right after you enter the gate and winds past the front of the track and takes you past the auto cross area? That's the grassy area LSFest uses. They park them right along that road in the grass so it's the first thing you see coming in and it's really easy to get in and out. That was probably the biggest complaint I heard while at the show and shine was people asking why we didn't do it like LSFest.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote