Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 09-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
SweetPea

Drives: '96 Z Conv & '10 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to SweetPea
Custom paint pics???

Brought my 5th gen 2SS/RS home two weeks ago (LOVE IT!!!!), and gave her the spot in the garage right next to my '96 Z-28 convertible. Problem is, the new one is so shiny and new, it makes my old faithful ragtop look a bit tired. I bought it new -- black with black top and graphite interior -- and swapped the stock hood for the fiberglass ram air style hood. Only has 60k miles, and when it's clean, it still turns heads as I drive down the road. But close up you can see the bumper has a bunch of spider cracks, and the nose is chipping pretty bad. I've been tossing around having it painted for a couple summers, but now I've made the decision. My gut tells me just to repaint it black -- the triple black really looks so mean -- but I'd love to get some custom paint ideas (CUSTOM, more than just adding rally stripes). Any ideas?
SweetPea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Yea, dont do it. Anything over the top is just gonna make it mostly undesirable if you ever go to resell it. Just go back with a nice stock black, the way it was born.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
Brangeta

Drives: '95 Z28 and '02 SS 35thLE
What color are you interested in? Tell me the exact color and I'll check my pic archives and upload a few pics. Ex: Don't tell me blue. Tell me bright metallic blue, or medium blue, or sky blue. Be specific, because I probably have a pic of at least one car in almost every color.

Member of the Camaro5 - DFW Group
Brangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
SweetPea

Drives: '96 Z Conv & '10 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to SweetPea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brangeta View Post
What color are you interested in? Tell me the exact color and I'll check my pic archives and upload a few pics. Ex: Don't tell me blue. Tell me bright metallic blue, or medium blue, or sky blue. Be specific, because I probably have a pic of at least one car in almost every color.
Not particular... if I don't go with black again, it just has to look good with graphite interior and black top. Or black with a cool, unusal stripe or design of some sort?
SweetPea is offline   Reply With Quote