Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #43
franksredhot

Drives: 2016 Red Hot Camaro 1SS A8
Good to know Glen e. I recently bought a DA polisher because hand polishes haven't been working on some of the light scratches and swirls on my car. Haven't tried it yet but hopefully it works for my finish problems.
franksredhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #44
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
I'm not going to bash Dodge in this thread. I'll just say that I have my reasons for not giving them a serious look and leave it at that.

Admittedly, I'm new to GM, but so many people around me has owned them, that I feel I could put trust in their dependability.

I like my Camaro too much to worry about a little exterior paint flaw here or there.

What the OP has or peeling paint like you described isn't what I'm talking about though. Like I said before, I probably just lucked out.
don't trust in them too much lol if there isn't a tsb you better hope you have a cool dealership because gm will tell you youre SOL.

you would have to be more specific on "little" haha
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #45
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
Good to know Glen e. I recently bought a DA polisher because hand polishes haven't been working on some of the light scratches and swirls on my car. Haven't tried it yet but hopefully it works for my finish problems.
I did the same but it didnt work either. I was too chicken to get more aggressive with it. So, off to the very expensive detail shop it goes.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:31 PM   #46
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kise View Post
don't trust in them too much lol if there isn't a tsb you better hope you have a cool dealership because gm will tell you youre SOL.

you would have to be more specific on "little" haha
Heh, warranty denial stories are all over the web. Pick any make, model. And yes, the dealer does matter quite a bit. If you think Dodge is so great, check out the Hellcat forums and the supercharger bearing issue where some got their warranty work denied over dumb crap.

An example of a 'little' flaw for me is anything that's in an inconspicuous area that has to be searched for (e.g. rocker panels, bottom edge of door etc) but not a flaw that can lead to rust or that can grow. Another would be tiny paint surface discoloration that can only be seen at a certain angle under the right light. Or a paint run that's at the bottom edge of a panel that requires me to bend down to see.

Under normal circumstances, those things won't be seen.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:02 AM   #47
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Heh, warranty denial stories are all over the web. Pick any make, model. And yes, the dealer does matter quite a bit. If you think Dodge is so great, check out the Hellcat forums and the supercharger bearing issue where some got their warranty work denied over dumb crap.

An example of a 'little' flaw for me is anything that's in an inconspicuous area that has to be searched for (e.g. rocker panels, bottom edge of door etc) but not a flaw that can lead to rust or that can grow. Another would be tiny paint surface discoloration that can only be seen at a certain angle under the right light. Or a paint run that's at the bottom edge of a panel that requires me to bend down to see.

Under normal circumstances, those things won't be seen.
i never once said dodge was so great lol ive owned two chargers and a handful of GM vehicles

or paint that looks like you've been mudding in your car or areas with bare metal showing that sticks out like a sore thumb..

there will never be a day that cars wont have issues.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:13 AM   #48
Six.Two SC

Drives: 2018 Summit White Camaro 1SS
Most likely re-sprayed do to damage during transport or damaged sitting on the dealer lot. Personally, I'd return the car.

Added: Diode Dynamics Black LED Sidemarkers, GM Dark Finish Tailights, GM ZL1 Black 3rd Brake Light, Black Plastidipped Bowties(front/rear), AFE Dry Drop In Filter, 12mm Spacers(front/rear)
Six.Two SC is offline   Reply With Quote