Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-08-2022, 04:59 PM   #15
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Another gen5 part discontinued. I called a parts guy that’s been able to scrounge up some rare parts. No luck for this one. New or old part #’s. The last price was $1300 if it were available. Guess we wait for someone to reman it or a fix. Mine doesn’t have a leak yet and won’t as long as I stay out of the rain.
Can he get seat leather?
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 08:14 PM   #16
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoomba View Post
Can he get seat leather?
Haven’t check as I don’t have a need. You can get to know you’re local parts guru to look throughout the GM system or find something on eBay.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 07:57 AM   #17
Whoomba

Quote:
Haven’t check as I don’t have a need. You can get to know you’re local parts guru to look throughout the GM system or find something on eBay.
Both sources came up empty.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:13 AM   #18
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Both sources came up empty.
Look into katzkin or non GM. Some of those options look pretty good.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 04:22 PM   #19
Whoomba

Quote:
Look into katzkin or non GM. Some of those options look pretty good.
Next step.
Old 04-10-2022, 07:21 AM   #20
edrawdon

Drives: 2011 Camro 2SS
Quote:
Next step.
Have you gone to a local upholstery shop to get a quote for just having them make new leather for your your existing seat?
edrawdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:09 AM   #21
Whoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrawdon View Post
Have you gone to a local upholstery shop to get a quote for just having them make new leather for your your existing seat?
I haven’t called around yet. I did find the source for the hides they made them from.
Old 05-30-2022, 03:56 PM   #22
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by edrawdon View Post
Would be a good part for a 3rd party to make. Plenty of us very owners out there in the world
I totally agree with you on this. Some of these aftermarket places should concentrate or specialize in discontinued parts rather than mods. Seems like a can't miss for a company that has has the dough. Love my vert, but fear it too.
Old 11-16-2022, 01:25 PM   #23
Dankmeme

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 1lt
ive been having a shit ton of water leak into my car. I thought it was only leaking into my driver side rear carpet as everyone has stated. Turns out people don't know that the water mainly comes from the seating area, meaning, if you lift up your rear seat, you will find water there. Since there are no solution and nobody has been helpful with any solution. We decided to use waterproof glue. Although it looks like a cake job and it required a ton of glue, we basically just closed up the entire side where water is fall from behind the rear seat. As for the floor, we closed any hole or crack, anything that can seep water with a ton of glue also. So far, we are still testing but the rear seat is completely dry after a heavy rainstorm last night and multiple hose downs.

To do the work for the rear seat, the entire place is opened so you would need to put something in those holes to fill it up and THEN put a ton of glue on it to close up the hole entirely. The floor is basically straight forward just put it in every place you can find. Basically its a shitty fix but when you are left with no choice and a shit ton of water and no garage or time to put or remove car covers. this is your best bet. I saw some guy talk about drilling a hole in the metal so the water goes down. I think that is a horrible idea because once that metal is exposed by drilling and exposed to water, it will rust and make results even worse.

We also tried to put glue under the watermanagement bags and it did reduce some water but still a shit ton would flow down from the holes i spoke about. so just close it up with a shit ton of glue and save the headache
Old 11-25-2022, 02:39 AM   #24
Whoomba

Whatever works for you but I have posted on here in several threads where that water is coming from and how to fix the bag.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:13 AM   #25
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
It won't be cheap but a good auto upholstery shop can make one for you as long as you can give them your old one.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 09:01 AM   #26
2015camaroconvertible

Drives: Chevy Camaro Rod convertible
2015 Camaro Convertible leaking behind drivers seat

All I have a 2015 Camaro Convertible that when it rains leaks behind the drivers seat into the rear floor board. I had my car in a dealership trying to get it fixed but was informed that the water compartment bag system has been discontinued part number 22848735. Does anyone have any suggestions or information they could share.
I can’t drive my car in the rain. I just can’t believe they aren’t responsible to have these parts available since they did not end of life the car. It is only 9 years old I am very upset and frustrated. I have done research but have come up short of any fix.
Thanks,
Victor
2015camaroconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote