Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-28-2019, 04:53 PM   #1
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
IPF Vortech V3 Pulley Bolt

I am trying to replace my bearings but cant seem to remove the bolt and after taking it to several places, its about stripped down completely. Shop said next step if they arent able to remove it is to weld on another one and get it out that way. My bearing has been squeaking now for a while and I honestly cant take it any longer. Getting the car all fixed up to sale asap. I was just wondering if anybody knows the exact bolt I need to order and where I can order it from? Any help would be appreciated! I have looked for parts lists, contacted Vortech and about every car website there is with no luck.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:58 PM   #2
Patrick864 RS

tried to circle the bolt I am talking about...hope it works here lol
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2019, 10:10 PM   #3
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
M12 x 50mm Flat Head Socket Cap Screws

You have to torque that down to 25 ft-lbs of torque and have it as a one-time use only. I replaced mine with a regular style bolt so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

And Vortech will not be able to provide any help with any kits for the Camaro V6, the ones on the market are not endorsed by Vortech.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:56 AM   #4
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
Contact RXProducts. They carry all the original brackets and other parts for the IPF kits.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:07 PM   #5
Patrick864 RS

awesome! thanks for the help yall. Going to get in touch with RX now and also look for the size listed.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:48 AM   #6
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Any success on this issue? My idler pulley seized the other day and I'm now trying to find replacement parts.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #7
bill522

Drives: 2014 LS Camaro
IPF Idler Pulley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Any success on this issue? My idler pulley seized the other day and I'm now trying to find replacement parts.
You might need to replace the Idler Pulley Bearings...Boca Bearing In Florida has great ceramic bearings. IPF idler pulley bearings were total crap
bill522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:49 PM   #8
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Unhappy

Yeah, got the pulley out and disassembled with the help of a co-worker. The right one is completely seized. The left one struggles to turn. Thing is the bearings don't look like the ones on Bocas website. I don't know if the center black section can be tapped out and inserted into the replacements. The shop that installed the kit said they had to fab some things together because the kit lacked some of the mounting hardware. The pulley itself is also has a slight flat spot that if I can't smooth out will cause issues with the belt.
Attached Images

BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:11 PM   #9
bill522

Drives: 2014 LS Camaro
IPF Idler Pulley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Yeah, got the pulley out and disassembled with the help of a co-worker. The right one is completely seized. The left one struggles to turn. Thing is the bearings don't look like the ones on Bocas website. I don't know if the center black section can be tapped out and inserted into the replacements. The shop that installed the kit said they had to fab some things together because the kit lacked some of the mounting hardware. The pulley itself is also has a slight flat spot that if I can't smooth out will cause issues with the belt.
Check your PM
bill522 is offline   Reply With Quote