Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #15
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Not sure if the later 5th gens have it or not but You can’t turn it off per say in the trucks my 18 Sierra 2500hd has it. In the trucks it’s activated by using tow haul and how long you drag the brakes on an incline. All you do to make it go away is let off the brakes and and give a little gas. Your the first mention I’ve ever seen of it in a 5th gen. It definitely shouldn’t be active when you take off from a stop.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.

Last edited by Aqua Blue RS/SS; 05-20-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:22 PM   #16
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
I bought my 2014 2LT RS new in 2015, and have almost 33K on it. Aside from a seeping issue from the brake fluid reservoir, which I just had repaired, the car has been absolutely trouble-free.

I may be wasting my money, but I only run 93-octane premium in it, as well as Mobil-1 full-synthetic oil. Doesn't burn any oil, and I have consistently gotten 23.5 - 24.5 MPG overall since owning it. I also change the oil when the oil life reaches the range of 40-60%. Since I don't drive it in winter, that's only about 2 oil changes per year.

I LOVE the car - so much fun to drive and in my opinion, a great combination of performance, comfort and looks. I wish you the best in your decision!
Old 05-20-2019, 08:56 PM   #17
grandpamike

Drives: 2014 2lt rs
I have had my 2014 2LT/RS for a little over a year now and I love it. no problems with it. install a catch can, you will be surprised how much oil you will catch. I bought mine at about 45,000 and now has 62,000. I drive it every day. just a word of warning, it may be a v6 but it is pretty peppy! Make sure your son treats it with respect. have fun with it, they are fun to drive.
Attached Images

grandpamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:36 PM   #18
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Not sure if the later 5th gens have it or not but You can’t turn it off per say in the trucks my 18 Sierra 2500hd has it. In the trucks it’s activated by using tow haul and how long you drag the brakes on an incline. All you do to make it go away is let off the brakes and and give a little gas. Your the first mention I’ve ever seen of it in a 5th gen. It definitely shouldn’t be active when you take off from a stop.
Once it engages on mine it will not shut off even if you come to a stop. I tried stepping on the gas hard etc. Then as I turn at the bottom of the mt onto our road it stays in 4th gear for a 1/4 mile then starts shifting normal again. I'm thinking it something to do with the crazy tune in this car. Although the car runs unbelievable for a v6(if no one told you would swear its a v8) the whole thing is starting to piss me off. I want to know what the H was done to the car but finding anyone around that knows v6 Camaro tuning forget it. As it got warmer out it started falling on it face every time you would get on the gas cruising. It also was chuggling in 4,5,6 gear at light throttle heavy load. I finally realized it was because of pulling timing. And it was constantly shifting because of the timing being pulled. I started putting premium in and all the trouble went away.

I'm really on the fence with this one what to do. take it to a dealer and load the factory tune and give up the performance but know whats in there? Take it to the local tuner again and pay him to try and compare things to a stock tune and figure out whats been done? Buy a hypertech tuner save the tune that's in here and go with their boxed tune?

I've never heard it ping or knock BUT this is my 1st direct injected engine. I don't know if they ping and knock and sound the same as port fuel injected engines.

Buying used cars can sure be a frustrating experience.

And of course all the jokers on this site think its funny. Boy I hope a few them get what they give!
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:15 PM   #19
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
I have a 2014 2LT RS Ashen Gray convertible, just returned from a trip to NYC two weeks ago. Such a joy to drive with great mpg. It's entire life (other than the factory oil) has been with Royal Purple, zero usage. I am just over 26K now and love her as much as I did on day one! With care she will last a good long time. Cheers.
Old 05-21-2019, 09:18 AM   #20
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
It may be a V6, but it can put a serious spanking on a lot of cars even today. Supercharge it and you can stomp out a lot of V8's unless they've been modified to hell and back.

Not many problems with the '15's, especially the V6 models. It's a pretty solid platform. One thing I would suggest is an upper induction cleaning. That way, you can start fresh when you put a catch can on it.

Unlike the low tech LS3 and the slightly lower tech L99, the LFX has direct injection where the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder. Since the fuel never reaches the back of the intake valves like in port fuel injection, carbon builds up into these hard crystaline-like deposits on the back of the intake valves compromising power and drivability as the miles rack up.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:53 PM   #21
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
A microfiber cloth to wipe the stupid grin off your face from driving it.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:43 PM   #22
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
You must have an extra special 2LT, because it's not a built in feature and not even listed in the manual.
Well listen smart guy if you look on page 9-30 in the owners manual it clearly states

POWERTRAIN BRAKING (v6 and v8 except ZL1)

Maybe if you read a little more before posting up useless crap..........
Old 05-28-2019, 07:11 AM   #23
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
It may be a V6, but it can put a serious spanking on a lot of cars even today. Supercharge it and you might be able to hang with a lot of V8's unless they have headers.
Fixed!
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:31 AM   #24
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpamike View Post
I have had my 2014 2LT/RS for a little over a year now and I love it. no problems with it. install a catch can, you will be surprised how much oil you will catch. I bought mine at about 45,000 and now has 62,000. I drive it every day. just a word of warning, it may be a v6 but it is pretty peppy! Make sure your son treats it with respect. have fun with it, they are fun to drive.
Nice looking car, the stripes go nice with the wheels.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:38 AM   #25
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Fixed!
And here I was getting ready to sell my SS so I could get a supercharged 6
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:41 AM   #26
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-8 View Post
I bought my 2014 2LT RS new in 2015, and have almost 33K on it. Aside from a seeping issue from the brake fluid reservoir, which I just had repaired, the car has been absolutely trouble-free.

I may be wasting my money, but I only run 93-octane premium in it, as well as Mobil-1 full-synthetic oil. Doesn't burn any oil, and I have consistently gotten 23.5 - 24.5 MPG overall since owning it. I also change the oil when the oil life reaches the range of 40-60%. Since I don't drive it in winter, that's only about 2 oil changes per year.

I LOVE the car - so much fun to drive and in my opinion, a great combination of performance, comfort and looks. I wish you the best in your decision!
So you get good mileage too, funny these jokers on here didn't attack you too. What is cool about this car is we don't drive for good mileage but it gets it. Ours pulls a lot better in 5th and 6th gear(auto trans)with premium gas. The fuel gauge sometimes after you fill it the gauge goes to empty for a few starts then starts working again. It is a fun car although in my eyes has too much electronics and not enough controls over them.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:53 PM   #27
PepeLePew

Drives: 2010 2SS Coupe; 2011 2LT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
So you get good mileage too, funny these jokers on here didn't attack you too. What is cool about this car is we don't drive for good mileage but it gets it. Ours pulls a lot better in 5th and 6th gear(auto trans)with premium gas. The fuel gauge sometimes after you fill it the gauge goes to empty for a few starts then starts working again. It is a fun car although in my eyes has too much electronics and not enough controls over them.
I am a little jealous... I tested out what kind of mileage I could get with a 10 mile cruise at 70 in my 2011 2LT convertible auto. I achieved 25mpg but it was steady cruising with no acceleration. If I am mixed driving around town with a little highway miles too, the best I can get is 19. I guess this is within norm because GM says it should be 18/28. Maybe a cruise at 60mph will get me closer to the 28mpg though. More power to you 152LT... and you are doing it with 4.10/4.11s in the rear... impressive!
Old 05-28-2019, 12:58 PM   #28
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

If the rear info is right, the tuner guy I went to was in a mad rush with 10 people barking for him. I've read other guys that had these v6s tuned better fuel mileage came along with it. I'll tell you another thing as good as it ran on regular when it was cold weather with warm weather it runs terrible on regular. Enough to make your head spin honestly. Posting on these forums caused more questions in my mind than answers.