Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-11-2018, 07:19 AM   #15
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I have to replace mine as well as it has started to do that, not nearly as bad as the OP tho.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:28 AM   #16
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
$169.35 is not expensive to you? I'd say that's a good chunk of change.
Not particularly. These aren't Cruzes.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #17
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnelson View Post
I didn't clean it with anything. It's not the surface finish it's actually under the first layer. Might have something to do with the auto darkening. If you look at the photo, the outer ring around the mirror was not effected which is weird.
Ouch
Old 06-11-2018, 12:39 PM   #18
dnelson

Drives: 2013 SS
Update: Fidelity warranty services does cover this because it's an electronic component. I did not expect this would be the case but I'm glad it is
dnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:01 PM   #19
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
I have one you can have for FREE.
since the OP had his covered under warranty, care if I ask for yours since mine was apparently cleaned by the previous owner who mustve been wolverine?

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Old 06-13-2018, 05:23 PM   #20
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
since the OP had his covered under warranty, care if I ask for yours since mine was apparently cleaned by the previous owner who mustve been wolverine?
Are you going to the Camaro Nationals in Frederick, MD on 6/23. If it doesn't rain, I'll be there. I can bring the mirror along. I usually meet with the NY gang under their tent.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:00 AM   #21
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamaro View Post
Are you going to the Camaro Nationals in Frederick, MD on 6/23. If it doesn't rain, I'll be there. I can bring the mirror along. I usually meet with the NY gang under their tent.
I actually DID plan on going for my first time this year but with all the wedding planning going on lately, that plan had to be ditched. ugh, the sacrifices I make for this girl lol

Old 06-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #22
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
That is the reflective coating on a mirror that flaked off. This typically happens with much older cars or with defective mirrors. I'm surprised to see this after a couple of years. My guess would be that an inferior mirror mfg. process happened, causing the coating to wear off prematurely.

I would try to claim it if I had a warranty. Ask whether the mirror will be covered; Its harmless. If its not covered then replace the rear view mirror.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:44 AM   #23
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
I actually DID plan on going for my first time this year but with all the wedding planning going on lately, that plan had to be ditched. ugh, the sacrifices I make for this girl lol
Do you anybody that is going to the Nationals or do you know the people from Camaro Crazy? They are from Long Island.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:19 AM   #24
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

I think im gonna post on my car clubs site and see if anyone near me is going