Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-12-2018, 10:57 AM   #29
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
7th gen if it comes out, will be a 2022 model year car. IMO
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #30
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
^^^ If being the key word. That's a long time to wait for the next gen to debut.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #31
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
I bet there will be no 7th Gen Camaro.

Just a lowered, 2 dr Silverado with an even more exaggerated grille with a
"Camaro heritage" styling package consisting of some misplaced grille mesh and driving lights with optional rallye stripes. . .
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 01:25 PM   #32
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
based off previous gm releases, refreshes ect.. april-june 2022.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #33

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
...Something like this for the 7th Gen is what I'd like to see...

Name:  cuda.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  27.9 KB
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #34
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
2022 MY year should be the 7th gen, which should start production sometime in 2021. GM is going to bank of the Camaro SS taking the spot of the current C7 Corvette Stingray, since I am guessing that the C8 ME Vette will probably go up in starting price, maybe $65k+ range, and top out eventually well over $100K, kind of like the current ZR1 price range...it all depends on if the C8 ME will be the only model eventually and the FE Vette goes away completely at some point in the next few years, guessing that it will.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #35
Stroked84

Drives: Nothing fun, currently.
Not soon enough!
Stroked84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:56 AM   #36
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Whenever it is introduced people will hate or love it like the previous generations! I am happy with my 6gen and may update to a 2020 or 2021 depending on the cost, options etc. IMO most everyone will hate the 7gen when it does show up if there is one built!
Old 08-27-2018, 10:15 AM   #37
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
If...When (I think When) it comes out, I'd expect it to be around the 2021 or 2022 model year, and part of me hopes I don't like it too much lol. This time around, with a larger family and other priorities I don't think is any way I could convince myself (or my wife lol) to upgrade from my 16 SS to a new model like I did from my 2010 model.

If they go to a slightly larger alpha II platform, I can see certain "improvements" such as a bit more space, or perhaps better overall visibility, but I have a hard time seeing them improve much on the fundamentals of this car. It is so good in the performance area.

As for the Corvette talk...I do think the base price will go up a bit...I'd predict high 50s to mid 60s, but the higher trimmed prices will climb higher than we are used to today. I think when the mid-engine car is unveiled it will be a high performance option (which will be expensive and everyone will complain about price and how the sky is falling) but the lower trimmed/less performance, less expensive models will follow soon after. I see no reason why GM can't make the mid-engine Corvette be the same or nearly as affordable as the current car. Just b/c its mid-engine doesn't mean it has to be a six figure car.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:22 AM   #38
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
I don't see it being discontinued with the Camaro being used in the NASCAR series. That's why they got rid of the SS platform. Not sure a Malibu would be an acceptable change and it would already be in the works if they planned on changing.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:22 PM   #39
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Base this news, they won't let Camaro died again,

and they actually have started the development of 7 gen even and 8 gen.

GM Working On Next Two Chevrolet Camaro Generations, Says The ‘Fbodfather’

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/08/gm-working-on-next-two-chevrolet-camaro-generations-says-the-fbodfather/#ixzz5PP6kLHgH
Old 08-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #40
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
it would be nice if manufacturers would not change the vehicle significantly so that sales volumes can reach a level that makes it profitable for an aftermarket to be successful servicing.

Unfortunately, i doubt that is a concern to anyone at GM. So, look forward to an ever declining aftermarket with ever increasing parts prices (both from the manufacturers and aftermarket).

Since i'll be driving mine till around 2030 at least, my next camaro will likely be all electric. Assuming we can still own and drive our own cars at that time.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #41
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Firebird View Post
Fbodfather is a good friend, but believe me he didn't mean anyone is styling, packaging and engineering or actually working on a 2028 Gen8 Camaro. What they have are placeholders for CAFE that works out for the future. So it's like saying the Camaro is in our 10 year business plan so "we're working on it". So he is correct, but not as much as many may want to interpret. And yes there are people sketching and playing around with the "future" but I wouldn't say that anyone is actually working on it. If you read the article it simply states that for CAFE they have to be looking two generations ahead. But that isn't specific to just Camaro.

Gen 7 is, however, well underway.

Right now, the only two RWD architectures in the family are Alpha and Omega. Omega being larger, more costly and most importantly EQUAL in mass to Alpha.

Although very unlikely, I would hope GM changes architectures and gives us everything the Gen6 has (including low weight) but a roomier car with the ability to also have a Cadillac coupe and perhaps the Buick Avista.

As for timing, if off of Alpha look for the CTS (leading) and ATS (following) to lead the way. As the CTS has headlamps in the recent spy photos, that puts them about 50 weeks out. The ATS has the JC Whitney head and taillamps so that puts them about 80 weeks out.

An Alpha based Camaro would likely be a year after that or 132 weeks.....or January of 2021. At best.

This of course assumes ATS is Alpha based. Alpha has some significant flaws when making an E-class sedan that must be addressed if GM hopes to ever have the CTS be truly competitive. Today, the CTS is a mid size car made off of a small car architecture and is shows.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:17 PM   #42
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Fbodfather is a good friend, but believe me he didn't mean anyone is styling, packaging and engineering or actually working on a 2028 Gen8 Camaro. What they have are placeholders for CAFE that works out for the future. So it's like saying the Camaro is in our 10 year business plan so "we're working on it". So he is correct, but not as much as many may want to interpret. And yes there are people sketching and playing around with the "future" but I wouldn't say that anyone is actually working on it. If you read the article it simply states that for CAFE they have to be looking two generations ahead. But that isn't specific to just Camaro.

Gen 7 is, however, well underway.

Right now, the only two RWD architectures in the family are Alpha and Omega. Omega being larger, more costly and most importantly EQUAL in mass to Alpha.

Although very unlikely, I would hope GM changes architectures and gives us everything the Gen6 has (including low weight) but a roomier car with the ability to also have a Cadillac coupe and perhaps the Buick Avista.

As for timing, if off of Alpha look for the CTS (leading) and ATS (following) to lead the way. As the CTS has headlamps in the recent spy photos, that puts them about 50 weeks out. The ATS has the JC Whitney head and taillamps so that puts them about 80 weeks out.

An Alpha based Camaro would likely be a year after that or 132 weeks.....or January of 2021. At best.

This of course assumes ATS is Alpha based. Alpha has some significant flaws when making an E-class sedan that must be addressed if GM hopes to ever have the CTS be truly competitive. Today, the CTS is a mid size car made off of a small car architecture and is shows.
Thanks for the perspective. Would that mean we should start seeing camouflage gen7 Camaros in about a year?
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote