Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #1177
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
anybody making custom radiator mounts for us with the VR CAI?

If not I will attempt to make my own.
A complete kit should come with it IMO.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #1178
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
agreed... but since this one doesn't, someone should make some cool billet parts
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #1179
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
agreed... but since this one doesn't, someone should make some cool billet parts
If you search through this thread someone made their own, and they lookrd good, maybe he can write up a DIY if you ask him.

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #1180
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Here you go

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=819

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #1181
Ghost of Vincent Price
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
I went to the track last Wednesday night. My best time prior was 13.7 with no tire spin and excellent reaction time. It was much hotter then, but it can't account for all the time and difference in feel. My first run Wednesday was 13.0 with a .5 reaction time. I was taking it real easy and just getting in a practice run. The second run down I got after it and nearly spun the car when I shifted into third it spun the tires so hard. The next few runs down I was consistently spinning the tires in third and FORTH. I know it's only a CAI and muffler delete car, but it is SO different now.
I hope you dont think a CAI accounted for a .7 et reduction. Plus rt doesnt have any effet on et.

Plus Im going to go out on a limb and say you werent spinning tire in 3rd and 4th gear on a CAI alone.
Ghost of Vincent Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #1182
Eski7399
Arizona All Gens

Drives: 2SS/RS, M6, IO-Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Vincent Price View Post
I hope you dont think a CAI accounted for a .7 et reduction. Plus rt doesnt have any effet on et.

Plus Im going to go out on a limb and say you werent spinning tire in 3rd and 4th gear on a CAI alone.
He never stated that it did. True that RT doesn't do anything for ET though.

He only has the CAI and muffler delete...did somebody install some forced induction without him knowing?

When are you going to stop being such a hater? I know, I know...:troll:
Eski7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:06 PM   #1183
Ghost of Vincent Price
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski7399 View Post
He never stated that it did. True that RT doesn't do anything for ET though.

He only has the CAI and muffler delete...did somebody install some forced induction without him knowing?

When are you going to stop being such a hater? I know, I know...:troll:

Obviously brain child, you missed the point. That being that I highly doubt he spun tire in 3rd and 4th gear with just a CAI...especially at the drag strip.

That being said...that means I dont believe for a second that he spun tire at 3rd and 4th gear. I dont know how you got that I assumed he was running some sort of forced induction.

Im not a hater, Im a realist.

CAI will not equal .7 in the 1/4 mile...ever.
RT has nothing to do with ET...which I think he assumed because he mentioned it.

Spinning tire on a stock camaro in 3rd and 4th gear isnt going to happen. If you think a stock camaro can spin its tires at 80+ mph
Old 03-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #1184
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Thanks!!
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #1185
Wacker
INTHECLOUDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Obviously brain child, you missed the point. That being that I highly doubt he spun tire in 3rd and 4th gear with just a CAI...especially at the drag strip.

That being said...that means I don't believe for a second that he spun tire at 3rd and 4th gear. I don't know how you got that I assumed he was running some sort of forced induction.

I'm not a hater, I'm a realist.

RT has nothing to do with ET...which I think he assumed because he mentioned it.

Spinning tire on a stock camaro in 3rd and 4th gear isn't going to happen. If you think a stock camaro can spin its tires at 80+ mph
A CAI with a 50 degree temp diff will however yield a .7 increase. 3 tenths for the CAI and 4 for the 50 degrees. I can see the tires rolling on a cold day/track if you were power shifting through those gears. The M6 definitely has the power with cold/hard tires. Heck we had a guy just post an 11.7@115 with just bolt-ons There is NO way I could ever achieve that mark without gears.

11.39 @ 118 510 DA

www.6l80tuning.com www.6l90tuning.com
Wacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #1186
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:

And self proclaimed expert on everything concerning vararam. Yet I'm willing to bet you've never experienced a car with a VR, have you?
It seams this is the case with all the VR haters in this tread and other VR threads on this board. Everyone thinks they know all.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #1187
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
Quote:
And self proclaimed expert on everything concerning vararam. Yet I'm willing to bet you've never experienced a car with a VR, have you?
It seams this is the case with all the VR haters in this tread and other VR threads on this board. Everyone thinks they know all.
Just telling people they're wrong also proves nothing bud. It's an intake, not rocket science. Like I said before, post up some logs and make some claims based on data instead of your "butt dyno". All these exaggerated claims (especially with this intake for some reason) tend to draw more speculation than the others I thnk.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #1188
Ghost of Vincent Price
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Just telling people they're wrong also proves nothing bud. It's an intake, not rocket science. Like I said before, post up some logs and make some claims based on data instead of your "butt dyno". All these exaggerated claims (especially with this intake for some reason) tend to draw more speculation than the others I thnk.

Obviously you didnt hear that a Vararam intake stopped a bank robbery in LA and helped deliever a baby in the back of a cab 10 minutes later.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #1189
Wingnut
GOT IT....LOVE IT!!!

Drives: 2010 2SS, Silver Ice
Quote:

That being said...that means I dont believe for a second that he spun tire at 3rd and 4th gear. I dont know how you got that I assumed he was running some sort of forced induction.

Spinning tire on a stock camaro in 3rd and 4th gear isnt going to happen. If you think a stock camaro can spin its tires at 80+ mph
Laugh all you want, but I'm not making this up. It was in the upper 50's, track probably not at it's cleanest. I didn't figure the car could spin the tires in third, much less forth.....but it happened. Not on one run, but several. It was hard to back off the gas enough because it was running very strong. My tires are in very good condition still, but they weren't hot or sticking well.

You obviously didn't read my first message if you think I was saying RT or the CAI made the whole .7 up in the time. The weather had a lot to do with it, I understand that. The weather did NOT account for all of the difference is what I said.

If you don't care to beleive, get off the VR thread.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #1190
Ghost of Vincent Price
Banned

Sorry, I just dont believe that because thats not in the realm of normal. Not in upper 50's. Not on stock power. Maybe bark them, but not spin.

Can you post up your time slips from the night?