Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-06-2015, 10:41 AM   #1
GMfan454

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6spd manual
Anyone painted their calipers on IOM cars

I am really going back and forth on what color to do my calipers. I keep thinking red so it will stand out against the IOM. I have an RS/SS so the SS letters are red and it can play into that if I paint them red. But then everyone has red so I thought to do IOM to match the car. Any pics of IOM with any color painted caliper except black are very welcome. And opinions on what you would do.
GMfan454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Red clashes with orange. It wont standout, itll look like it tried to match, but didn't.

I would go with IOM paint match, with silver or black brembo decals. Unless you have orange wheels or some other accent color, then maybe white or silver, or something. Electric blue can work with orange.

Here are my CRT matched calipers
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2015, 10:53 AM   #3
GMfan454

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6spd manual
Good point on it looking like I tried to match. I think you are right. Thanks man. Still, anyone with painted calipers on IOM, please post pics.
GMfan454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #4
BlackSmoke

Drives: 2013 Black SS 1LE
We are very limited on calipers paint options. Local auto supply stores typically carry only 3 colors - red, blue and yellow. I have to be honest I do not know what "IOM" means. I have a black Porsche and the caliper covers are red. I want to change them but the color options is a problem.

Maybe blue on the Porsche but I am just not sure. I picked yellow for my camaro, painted them myself then ordered yellow SS emblems all the way around and I couldn't be more pleased. I love black and love yellow so I was glad of how things turned out.

I like to be unique and red is so overly used just like red cars are saturated in the market. I wish I had a suggestion for you on color but I would start looking around online or wherever and see what true options you have making the calipers pop. Creativity is good to make them look superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan454 View Post
Good point on it looking like I tried to match. I think you are right. Thanks man. Still, anyone with painted calipers on IOM, please post pics.
K & N Cold Air Intake, 25% window tint, 2 sets of 6000K LED fogs added, bow ties delete, Pypes catback mid exhaust, MGP Caliper covers, Spyder projection HID 6000K lighting with dual CCFL halos, Technostalgia Rapid Fire LED Tail Lights, blacked out rear bezels, Oracle Ghosted side marker lights, Platinum Ultra Rims, LED tag, dome, trunk lighting, Razzi Ground Effects, Billet Grille, Oracle Concept Mirrors, Eibach Pro Springs,
GM Strut Tower Brace and LED lit door sills.
BlackSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #5
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Just want to point out that all 1LEs come with red calipers irregardless of the car color.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308522
Old 11-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #6
Blutob2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Use the search function because this has been discussed several times. They are easy to paint using high temp paint and you can buy the same decals off Ebay. I did mine in white.
Blutob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:06 PM   #7
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
I would go with red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #8
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote