Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #15
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
this makes me think twice about even trying this out-

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:49 PM   #16
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Predator is the best handheld programer i ever used on many cars with no issues .
As Mike said they will sort it out for ya.

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #17
dwebster
DW's 2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS LS3-CAI/LG-Corsa
I just installed Corsa cat back and am awaiting arrival of CAI cold air intake. I have been researching hand held tuners and narrowed it down to Diablo, Hypertech, and Superchips. I have had experience with Hypertech. I purchased Hypertech for my 2001 SS and was very pleased with both the performance gains and the ease of installing and putting back to stock for GM service. Sounds like Diablo Predator may be a little more involved than a simple plug in and answer questions. ???
dwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #18
06MonteSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
you plug in the predator, and after it boots up:

select Performance tune menu...

select the transmission type (auto/manual)...

select the performance tune you want to install, and it makes the backup copy of the original stock tune that's in the vehicle, then it installs the performance tune...

and done....

that's it...

he just ran into an issue where the GM calibration on his specific car is not supported yet - so, diablo will add support for his vehicle to the next revision update, and then once he updates his predator to that updated revision, all he'll have to do are those steps I listed above ^ ^ ^ ^...

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 12-28-2009 at 11:47 AM.
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #19
Mike@DS

Drives: 99 Z28
Keep in mind too guys....NOBODY else offers the features we do in a handheld tuner.
The other guys have no custom tuning, not even the ability to modify tunes, nor do they have the support network we have (guys like Lew who can help nearly 24 hours a day!!).

Also, it is likely that we are not the only ones missing support for this latest calibration...

For anyone who has not gone in for this new 'update' at the dealer, do yourself a favor and skip it.
It claims to reduce wheelhop, that means it either runs less timing or has more TM=no fun.
Mike@DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
So if your car hasn't been to the dealer for OS updates etc. then you should be fine with a Diablo married to your car. Shouldn't have to continually update it would you??
Old 12-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #21
Tex
Texas Military Forces

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Red Hot Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06MonteSS View Post
you plug in the predator, and after it boots up:
select Performance tune menu...
select the transmission type (auto/manual)...
select the performance tune you want to install, and it makes the backup copy of the original stock tune that's in the vehicle, then it installs the performance tune...
and done....
that's it...

he just ran into an issue where the GM calibration on his specific car is not supported yet - so, diablo will add support for his vehicle to the next revision update, and then once he updates his predator to that updated revision, all he'll have to do are those steps I listed above ^ ^ ^ ^...
That's exactly how I did it when I got my Diablo, I'm happy with it!
3/06/2017 status: 3400 TPW 3/6/2017
3/10/2017 built 4200 VIN# 1G1FK1R65H0193462
3/18/2017 Delivered to me!

2016 Camaro 2SS (wife's car)
M228 Black Wheels

2010 Camaro SS (totalled by son)
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #22
06MonteSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
So if your car hasn't been to the dealer for OS updates etc. then you should be fine with a Diablo married to your car. Shouldn't have to continually update it would you??
correct...

unless diablo comes out with a new update that's for added features, new/updated tunes, and the like... then if you wanted to have that new updated stuff, you'd want to update the predator to the new revision in order to get it...
06MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #23
Carlos Garza

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
I use to have a charger srt8 and I had an awesome experience with diablo and the people that work for the company. I use to talk to a guy named Johan, who is a programer at diablo motor sports, and the guy was great to say the least... They should have your car up and running in no time...
Carlos Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #24
JICPerformance
Here to make you faster

Drives: 2005 GTO supercharged 2009 GXP
We had a Predator owner whose upload experienced a communication error and left the car stranded on the side of the road. This occured on a Sunday so the car had to be towed back to his home. On Monday, Diablosport did furnish an unlock code that allowed the owner to again try and successfully upload a tune.

This is just here to be informational. I would caution you to only download and upload tunes at your home or somewhere that the car could be left in case of a communication failure when using a Predator.
JICPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #25
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
I had nothing but problems with the Diablo Sport, literally threw it away and bought the SCT and never had any more tune loading problems.
Black GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:59 AM   #26
dragrcr
2SS 6M

Drives: 2010 2SS 6M
I ordered my Diablosport Trinity from JANNETTYRACING and I could see a little tab on the side of the box that gives access to the USB plug on the side of the unit. The tab was torn as you would to gain access (without opening the package). I checked on line after I opened it and saw what software version I had and I found that I had the newest version of the updates installed when I recieved the unit. I installed the tune with no problems whatsoever.

Ted made sure and updated my unit to the latest version and I am pretty sure he even rgistered my unit too because when I downloaded the drivers and installed them on my computer it never asked me to register (like it said it would)! That is great customer service that the average person would not even know about.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:41 AM   #27
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
No problems with my Diablo. 10 minutes start to finish. Awesome.
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:58 AM   #28
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragrcr View Post
I ordered my Diablosport Trinity from JANNETTYRACING and I could see a little tab on the side of the box that gives access to the USB plug on the side of the unit. The tab was torn as you would to gain access (without opening the package). I checked on line after I opened it and saw what software version I had and I found that I had the newest version of the updates installed when I recieved the unit. I installed the tune with no problems whatsoever.

Ted made sure and updated my unit to the latest version and I am pretty sure he even rgistered my unit too because when I downloaded the drivers and installed them on my computer it never asked me to register (like it said it would)! That is great customer service that the average person would not even know about.

i ordered mine from Janetty too! great people to work with. I am just frustrated that it wasnt ready to go out of the box......hopefully they will get me a tune this week or next.
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote