Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #29
guydon

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
So, here's what's going on... I posted on Craig's list about the camaro on sunday, today I got an email from a dealership and they told me that they wanted it. I told them what happend and they told me that they would take care of it...

I called GMAC with the manager infront of me and after two hours I was handed a check for $4,065.82 I owed $26,434.18 on the car, and they gave me $30,500.00 for it... (which I thought was pretty good.) So now my credit is saved, GMAC is paid, and I am going to head somewhere and lease a vehicle for a little bit until I get back on my feet.

Of course I'll stay on the forums and continue to communicate with the friend's I've made here and continue to express my interest and definatly let you know when i'm able to get another one..

Thanks so much for your kind words and emails as well.. all of them made me glad I was a part of this forum.
That is great news, glad it worked out for you. You will be back in a Camaro in no time! The GDP rose 3.5% this quarter, things could be looking up!
guydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #30
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
If you bought the "united car care" warranty (this is the warranty my dealership sells, maybe you got the same one) you can cancel it and get a prorated return of the premium. I just did. Cancelled the warranty after 3 months after I finally had the time to read the coverage and fine print and that it was not worth the expense. Received $100 less than what I paid for it originally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
lost my butt on the trade in cut ... does anyone know if i can get more money if they cancel the extended warantee I bought with the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
No refund for extended warranty - just whoever gets your car next will get it with the car.
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #31
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
OK... I called the dealership I purchased the car from, they told me to wait until the payoff amount was taken care of and that way the return of the extended warranty prorated premium goes to me instead of the finance company.... it'll take a month but i'll end up getting 1300.00 back... so that'll be great.
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #32
lee

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
when they did mine they told me they had to tell me itd take 30 days but usually sooner and sure enough i got mine within a week
lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:04 PM   #33
Atcer

Drives: 2LT RS Silver Ice w/Cyber Grey strp
That's not true,if you have an extended warrarnty and the car is traded or paid in full. you go to the dealer and file the paperwork with the finace office that you bought the car from and you will recieve a prorated refund for the days not used remaining. I have done this a few times; 3 months ago with the GMPP on my corvette when I bought the Camaro and last year when we traded our 300C Chrysler when I bought my wife a toyota truck. Bottom line its your money they owe it to you, go get it
Atcer is offline   Reply With Quote