Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #15
gabraddock

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow
NICE RIDE! She is gorgeous. When you get a chance check out the Nor Cal Bay Area rally 8/16. There were 9 of us and 1 Corvette. It was awesome.
gabraddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #16
FrozenCaveman
Just a caveman

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdenny View Post
Putnam has an RJT? I can't find it on their site. I'm in Redding looking for an RJT. Anyone have any info on it?
From what I overheard on Friday, that must be the 4th car they got in. It wasn't a preorder and they wanted $5k over MSRP for it. But I could be wrong...

-John
Old 08-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #17
FrozenCaveman
Just a caveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabraddock View Post
NICE RIDE! She is gorgeous. When you get a chance check out the Nor Cal Bay Area rally 8/16. There were 9 of us and 1 Corvette. It was awesome.
Thanks - yeah, wish I coulda made it!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:20 PM   #18
FrozenCaveman
Just a caveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ice Man View Post
Congrats on the new ride...
As for the mustang shot, the fool obviously trips over his own feet if he isn't paying attention.
Good thing for him he didn't trip in front of me rolling out of the parking lot. He would've gotten an up-close look at the undercarriage differences between the Mustang and Camaro.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #19
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCaveman View Post
From what I overheard on Friday, that must be the 4th car they got in. It wasn't a preorder and they wanted $5k over MSRP for it. But I could be wrong...

-John
For camaro5.com members they take care of you after an incident involving a certain member (savings41). I'm sure you can read up on it by searching for his name. The sales manager Ben Rivas and his boss are nice people, but I think they needed a little goading from Rick Putnam in order to make sure they take care of our members. I hope you paid msrp or below caveman. =)
Old 08-17-2009, 11:32 PM   #20
FrozenCaveman
Just a caveman

Yeah, I'd read those threads when they were happening, so I was worried I'd be paying more than the MSRP we'd agreed to last October. They treated me very well there. Ed is a nice guy, didn't meet the sales manager.

So when is this Cherries Jubilee happening? Mid-September? I could probably make that. I'll be in Lafayette on the 13th anyway.

-John
Old 08-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #21
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
sep 23-27 I believe. the link to the event is in the thread. and I'm on aim/gmail until 2am if you need any questions answered otherwise.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #22
IOM_ROCKER

Drives: 2010 Camaro / IOM / SS / RS
Congrats! Nice pics! We'll see you on the next meet.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:11 AM   #23
Sideswipe

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Awww man congrats!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #24
Hoddi
Camaro Girl ~

So, you're weekend was

Congratulations`´*:-.,_,.-:*´`´*:-,_,.-:*´`´*:-.,_,.-:*´`´*
Hoddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #25
donoho

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to donoho
Quote:
Finally cleared QC in early August and both the dealer and I took delivery of my car late last Friday. I drove down to Burlingame to pick it up and was pretty well smitten by the Camaro. I can't believe how great it drives and how good it looks. Got home around midnight, so I didn't have much opportunity to drive it, and then we had company on Saturday. On Sunday, I spent about 4 1/2 hours detailing the car with Zaino products. It looks fantastic.

So I drove it to work today and took a couple friends to lunch. I park the car and some dude immediately comes from the other end of the parking lot, eyeballs my car as he's walking around it from back to front - I wave and say hi. He just ignores me, finishes his walkaround and walks away, calling to a buddy - "It looks just like a Mustang!" I wanted to ...
Congrats on taking Delivery!

- 10 for Rudeness
- 100 for Ignorance
= 110% FAIL

I drove to work on Friday (time split between black 2LT RS and black CBR100RR). After work, while going down 101 south (sloooowly), my ears are rung by this engine revving. Turns out some jackass in a mustang in the carpool lane wants me to know how loud his engine is. I REALLY don't like insecure idiots. I don't care what they're driving.

Quote:

-John
I payed $5k over MSRP. The printed sticker said +$2k, but that was crossed out and $5k was written over it. Sucks, but getting exactly what I wanted by chance made it worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
For camaro5.com members they take care of you after an incident involving a certain member (savings41). I'm sure you can read up on it by searching for his name. The sales manager Ben Rivas and his boss are nice people, but I think they needed a little goading from Rick Putnam in order to make sure they take care of our members. I hope you paid msrp or below caveman. =)
Is this comment based on it being ordered early?

I worked with a sales guy in Fremont who was super cool. I wish I could have bought from him, but the choice was to pay less and wait months, or pay more and have it immediately.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #26
Dreday
GryGhst

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,03'Chevy Stepside
Quote:
Here's a few pics of my Friday evening at Putnam Chevrolet in Burlingame. Three of us from camaro5 were there at the same time to pick up our cars. I couldn't get a great pic of all 3, but Rob's is the IOM, mine is the CGM, and Brian's is the Yellow one in back. I haven't had a chance to take any better pics yet, but hopefully tonight or tomorrow.
Great lookin car. You have great taste in color my man.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #27
donoho

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to donoho
Quote:
Here's a few pics of my Friday evening at Putnam Chevrolet in Burlingame. Three of us from camaro5 were there at the same time to pick up our cars. I couldn't get a great pic of all 3, but Rob's is the IOM, mine is the CGM, and Brian's is the Yellow one in back. I haven't had a chance to take any better pics yet, but hopefully tonight or tomorrow.
180?? Is it just me or does the LT's speedometer only go to 160?
Old 08-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #28
FrozenCaveman
Just a caveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by donoho View Post
I drove to work on Friday (time split between black 2LT RS and black CBR100RR). After work, while going down 101 south (sloooowly), my ears are rung by this engine revving. Turns out some jackass in a mustang in the carpool lane wants me to know how loud his engine is. I REALLY don't like insecure idiots. I don't care what they're driving.

I payed $5k over MSRP. The printed sticker said +$2k, but that was crossed out and $5k was written over it. Sucks, but getting exactly what I wanted by chance made it worth it.

Is this comment based on it being ordered early?
I think the insecure driver to car ratio is higher among Mustang owners. Not a generalization, just an observation.

Yeah, my whole opinion on the pricing is similar. I found a dealer during the preorder who wasn't charging over MSRP so they got my business. If I had known I still would have to wait for about 4 months extra even preordering, I probably still would have ordered it, but it would have been nice to know! Now that they want $5k over for a non-preorder and it's immediately available, I'm OK with it. If it's worth it to someone, it'll go at that price, if not, the price will come down.

About the same time I discovered that I put a 2"x1" L-shaped scratch into my front bumper last week parking my baby in the garage, I came down with some wicked stomach bug that I still have. Coincidence? I think I made myself sick. Some weird symbiotic relationship to the car is telling me I need to repaint the bumper... :( Anyway, don't feel too sorry for me and the car, since I was too lazy to make sure I had enough clearance and I was trying to avoid my '70 Camaro on the other side. Thanks for the good thoughts anyway!

-John