Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-22-2015, 04:13 PM   #365
kwhizz

Drives: 60's Muscle
Not yet..........This spring as I am interested as to what it will do also........
kwhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:15 AM   #366
kwhizz

Well.....It finally got warm here and I took the car out for a ride this weekend to check out the C/V joint driveshaft..........all I can say is I need to learn to drive this thing all over again.......After driving the normal cars and getting into the Chevelle........LOL.....Lets just say that there is Immediate power on demand..........GM sure did there job on these engines........The car was smooth as silk..........Dam I love this car!!!!!

Ken
Old 03-16-2015, 11:24 PM   #367
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Wow, sorry to say but what a waste of an SS. I don't understand the logic of hacking up an original, numbers matching SS. That just blows my mind.

It's unfortunate you find humor in the destruction of a surviving classic. It's not like there aren't plenty of Chevelles that aren't numbers matching and original to modify.

I hate to say I have to agree... you did a beautiful build though. I own a LS1 1969 Camaro but it was a plan jane non numbers cars.. not putting any part of this tread or your car down it's very very cool! but I grimaced when I seen what you started with.
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:27 PM   #368
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
I love people who don't give a shit about some stupid numbers, his car, his dream, rock on and live it up bro. F**k the haters.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:31 AM   #369
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
I love people who don't give a shit about some stupid numbers, his car, his dream, rock on and live it up bro. F**k the haters.
quoted for truth, much
Old 03-17-2015, 06:09 AM   #370
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Awesome build...

Love it!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:53 PM   #371
kwhizz

Like I said before.........I lived the Numbers thing for years......Been there done that.......with that said........It's a hell of a lot more fun to "Drive" than to "Own".....After years of hauling the cars around to shows in a Trailer and sitting at shows listening to all the Experts looking for some minor detail that wasn't correct.....I've reached (or Graduated) to a point of not really caring about other people opinions..........I Basically don't care.........Just my $.02

Ken
Old 03-17-2015, 11:53 PM   #372
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
Like I said before.........I lived the Numbers thing for years......Been there done that.......with that said........It's a hell of a lot more fun to "Drive" than to "Own".....After years of hauling the cars around to shows in a Trailer and sitting at shows listening to all the Experts looking for some minor detail that wasn't correct.....I've reached (or Graduated) to a point of not really caring about other people opinions..........I Basically don't care.........Just my $.02

Ken
Well it's quite the Chevelle!
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #373
kwhizz

Nice Sunny cool sunny day today and I got the Bug to get the Beater out and go to the Drag Strip...... Paid....went thru Tech....and pulled up to the line (Lot's of Prep)......LOL........When I got the Helmet out of the trunk I realized I still had all the normal travelling "Stuff" in the trunk.......Tool box, chairs, hydraulic Jack etc........LOL.......Made two passes......1st one just blew the tires off the car and had it sideways about a third of the way down the track..........2nd pass I drove it out and gradually got in it........2.3 60 ' time and went 12.21 @118..........Not bad for a Highway car........Easy 11's with Drag Radials.......But.......once is enough.........LOL

Old 06-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #374
kwhizz

Update..........Did the Long Haul on the Hot Rod Power Tour........2600 miles and not the car never missed a Beat!!!......Smooth as Silk.....Keep an eye out in Chevy High Performance magazine for a possible future article.......

Ken
Old 06-26-2015, 07:49 PM   #375
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
That is awesome. Just a great build.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:41 PM   #376
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Update..........Did the Long Haul on the Hot Rod Power Tour........2600 miles and not the car never missed a Beat!!!......Smooth as Silk.....Keep an eye out in Chevy High Performance magazine for a possible future article.......

Ken
I just realized you're not far from me. I'd love to check out your car if you show it. An amazing build! Congrats

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:02 AM   #377
kwhizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
I just realized you're not far from me. I'd love to check out your car if you show it. An amazing build! Congrats

I'll be at the Holz show in the AM on the 4th...........

Ken
Old 06-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #378
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I'll be at the Holz show in the AM on the 4th...........

Ken
Cool. Looking forward to seeing your amazing car!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#465, chevelle lsa, drivetrain #465, zl1, zl1 engine #465