Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #15
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Another thing I was hoping someone could clear up is if the allocations can change with each Thursday? Is it just the constraints that are updated on Thursdays? Or allocations too? Do we know for a fact that allocations are only updated once per month? Cause if that's the case I don't need to bother checking with my dealer again until the beginning of March to find out if they get an allocation for April.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #16
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I think there is something to be said for smaller dealers. I ordered from a small dealer also for a couple of reasons including proximity to the house, they were friendlier, etc. For that I am willing to wait a little longer if I have to.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #17
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
This sucks. This really puts a dent in my expectations.

My dealer couldn't get back to me today, so I have no idea what their consensus was.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #18
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Small dealership????? Most of our chevy dealerships are small & alot of them are getting ready to close down if not already closed down.

Order cars??? I am waiting for a vert.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:35 AM   #19
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
It doesn't really matter what size the dealer is or how big the town is that they are in. There are large dealerships near Houston with allocations of just 1 or 2 cars. There are also small dealerships with 12 or more. What matters is how many cars they sell. If you live in a small town with a small allocation, just have your salesman call one of the dealerships with a large allocation and make a trade or have it dropshipped.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #20
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Well I bought from a small town dealer in my home town. Right now I would rather put the money back into the community.

I just wish GM would do things right and fill orders in order they went into the system. I mean when I ordered they had less than 3000 orders in the system. But since I am in a small town with my luck I won't get the car until October. I just hope my little girl can survive her cancer long enough to get to ride in it. She really wants to after taking the test drive in a Vette with me.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:49 AM   #21
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Well I bought from a small town dealer in my home town. Right now I would rather put the money back into the community.

I just wish GM would do things right and fill orders in order they went into the system. I mean when I ordered they had less than 3000 orders in the system. But since I am in a small town with my luck I won't get the car until October. I just hope my little girl can survive her cancer long enough to get to ride in it. She really wants to after taking the test drive in a Vette with me.
I hope to God you aren't serious. That is so totally sad and depressing if you are. I can't imagine the loss of one of my children. I'd be devastated. My prayers are with you.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #22
Scott@Bjorn3D

Very Serious.

http://www.bjorn3d.com/stephanie.php

This is my 13 year old and she is dying. She has the worst stage of Hodgkins there is and basically they are just prolonging her life is what the doctor told me. My daughter asked how long would she have if she did not have any treatment since she did not want to lose her hair. The doctor bluntly told her that her mom and dad would be at her funeral in less than 2 months.

The did a PET scan on her and it has spread to every organ in her body.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #23
Hooy
Will Drive For Food

Drives: Acura TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Very Serious.

http://www.bjorn3d.com/stephanie.php

This is my 13 year old and she is dying. She has the worst stage of Hodgkins there is and basically they are just prolonging her life is what the doctor told me. My daughter asked how long would she have if she did not have any treatment since she did not want to lose her hair. The doctor bluntly told her that her mom and dad would be at her funeral in less than 2 months.

The did a PET scan on her and it has spread to every organ in her body.
That almost put me in tears. Just thinking about losing a child.. I'm not religious but I will spread the word. Best of luck.
Hooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #24
Scott@Bjorn3D

Well we are praying alot. We do not tell here how bad it looks because we do not want her to give up hope. Hodgkins is curable in most cases but she does have Stage 4B which is like the worse.

We keep our prayers up and if you ever heard of Folding@Home I have a bunch of people around the world Folding for her since we found out about this. Here is my team stats: http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...php?s=&t=41608

This stuff helps Stanford University work on stuff that may help find new Cancer medicines and other medicines.

I just ask everyone to say a little prayer for her at night before going to bed. You never know the power of prayer.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #25
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
friend, you have my word, I will pray for her every night
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
Anyone else order from a smaller dealer that didn't get an allocation yet? Worried about not getting your car til after summer?

I know it's early to be drawing this conclusion and maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself and thinking the worst after hearing of all the larger dealers allocations. But I don't think I'm too far off that it could be fall before I see my order.

I have a gut feeling that the smaller dealers with only 1 or 2 total allocations won't get them til later in the year. The smaller town guys that can't do the volume usually seem to get shafted with receiving stuff 4-6 months after everyone else in the bigger cities. This always seems to occur with new models. Case in point...this is what happened to my dealer when the G8's came out. They were sent a V6 G8 and was told they wouldn't get any others. Well eventually 6 months later they finally landed a G8 GT so I'm thinking it's about to happen with the Camaro, especially since I want a 2SS. With my luck their 1 allocation will only be for a V6 so they will probably end up with 2 V6's for all year. The one that didn't count towards allocation and the one they might only be allowed to order. Even if they can get a V8 it could be months and months til GM pulls an order from them.
im being told the same thing here in the tri city area. they tell me i cant get a car until fall
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #27
NeedMyFix
The countdown has begun..

Drives: 1997 Z28/2003 SoftTail
I was at the Philly car show and spoke with the gentleman showing the SS. He informed me that he used to work in Corporate headquarters with GM. I specifically asked him when he thought I would receive my car, since I also ordered from a small dealership with an allocation of 5. He was very informative and said once the line at the plant ramps up that they would be churning out about 70 cars per hour and that they would be filling the roughly 11000 pre orders first. I told him that I was number 3 at my dealer and he said I would probably see my car somewhere around May - June. All I can say is I hope he was just blowing smoke up my ass, cause I'm Psyched!!!!!
NeedMyFix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #28
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
The concensus is normally for a 30 day build period, but since the Camaro production starts on the 16th, this first one is just for 2 weeks to the end of March. I know of at least one dealer that got 0 cars this concensus, and I imagine there are many more, but it is only for two weeks. It will get better!