Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-24-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Upgrades and mods: Q&A

Hey guys. I have a few questions that have been rolling around in my head. If anyone has answers, they could probably help other folks too with the same Q&A's.
Heres a few Q's I have.

1. What auto tranny does the v6 have and can I get a bigger stall?

2. How much N2O can the v6 safely handle?

3. Can the v6 get upto 400hp+ with bolt-on's and tuning? (i know much isnt out yet)

4. (dumb Q's here) Can the v6 use v8 exhuast? I would really want a SLP loudmouth system.

Thanks!

Lets get more v6 Questions in here

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
If your going to spend all of that money to get what an SS makes just buy a 1SS. Then you can add INSANE power to the LS3. LS3 is an amazing motor to mod.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
If your going to spend all of that money to get what an SS makes just buy a 1SS. Then you can add INSANE power to the LS3. LS3 is an amazing motor to mod.
I totally agree, but...

Its mainly going to be our daily driver, but in a few years I might want to start modding it. Money is a bit tight right now, I really cant afford a $35k car atm. (maybe if I get a promotion at work I can).

I think my wife would rather have the 2LT/RS, just because she likes all the options....

Old 05-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
Hey guys. I have a few questions that have been rolling around in my head. If anyone has answers, they could probably help other folks too with the same Q&A's.
Heres a few Q's I have.

1. What auto tranny does the v6 have and can I get a bigger stall?
A: 6L50, and as of right now no one has a higher stall listed. However, any tranny shop familiar with the current platforms should be able to restall one for you. My advice would be to find a stock TC out of anything running that trans, mod it, then swap in for stock.

Quote:
2. How much N2O can the v6 safely handle?
A: Unknown. We do know that the Ausies have put 600+bhp down through the 3.6 I'll have mine up on a dyno soon to get a glimse into the stock A/F throughout the pull.

Quote:
3. Can the v6 get upto 400hp+ with bolt-on's and tuning? (i know much isnt out yet)
A: As of right now, you can achieve ~350bhp w/ CAI, LT and exhaust - while still being emissions legal. The lack of ECU tuning is the real choke point.
400BHP is going to be a tall order on the 3.6, but it should be possible. The real name of the game is going to be small forced induction set ups. I'd love to see someone mock up the 2.8L turbo manifold from a saab (still an alloytec engine) on a 3.6 block....

Weight reduction should also be sought on the V6 chassis.

Quote:
4. (dumb Q's here) Can the v6 use v8 exhuast? I would really want a SLP loudmouth system.
A: Stock mount points are the same between chassis. An exhaust shop may have to modify it a bit to bolt up to the stock manifolds.

Have fun
MadMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

MadMaxx, your the man.

If/when I get a 2LT, you'll be my go to guy =)