Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2008, 09:43 PM   #15
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Convertible V8 starting 7k above a base v8? Am I the only one that sees something wrong here? Everything else looks pretty spot on except the 6.0 litre out of the vette info. That would mean the LS2. I couldn't find a timestamp for any of the information either.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #16
JAG836

Drives: 1991 Cadillac DeVille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
That is the concept interior. Look at the side mirrors.
My bad
JAG836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I like how they are trying to report on a car they haven't tested yet. The information seemed to be pretty reasonable though, so, nice find Let's just hope the pricing is a little high, although I have a feeling it'll be in that range. OH WELL! At least she's coming back

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:11 AM   #18
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
I am suprised, how many people on here, seem to be wanting the Camaro to be more expensive than it 'might' be. If everyone wants a $25,000 dollar base V-8, and GM knows that, they 'might' try to get close....
I think people are just being realistic because a similar priced GT mustang doesn't have the extras the Camaro has.

It is very hard to imagine Camaro costing the same as mustang when the Camaro has more exotic parts (like IRS, 6-speed, a corvette engine, larger wheels/tires, etc.)

V6 Camaro comes with a 6-speed, and IRS rear suspension AND a 300HP DI V6 AND possibly dual exhausts? It would be wonderful if the asking price was the same as a V6 mustang but they are giving you way, way more on the base model Camaro than the mustang. You can even get better mileage perhaps with the tall highway gear too on any Camaro. I am not telling GM to raise the price. I'm sure they will figure out what is fair.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #19
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xtrbo View Post
I assume that a fully optioned SS convertible will be close to $40,000 if a stripped down base hardtop V8 is 28K.
Assuming the SS is the top level V8........................................

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:48 AM   #20
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I believe nothing until GM or an insider says it.

Despite saying that, I agree that there probably won't be a hardtop, the cost will be very low (definitely under $25k for a V6), and that Mustang sales decreases may be a bad sign. I'm still sure it will sell if advertised adequately, and plenty of Ford drivers will sell their Mustangs for a newer, hotter pony car.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #21
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
.and plenty of Ford drivers will sell their Mustangs for a newer, hotter pony car.
thats hard to say considering that there are so many ford loyalist who drives a stang just to kick gm & camaro ass, yall fell the same way when it comes to kicking ford/dodge asses with the camaro and gm..... so vice versa

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #22
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
thats hard to say considering that there are so many ford loyalist who drives a stang just to kick gm ass, yall fell the same way when it comes to the camaro an gm
The loyalists will never sell theirs for Chevys, but you can't tell me that sorority chick sitting a few rows in front of me is going to keep her Mustang when daddy will buy her a new car. She's not a loyalist, and neither are most car buyers. When this car comes out, it will sell because it looks great. It will sell to loyalists because we like the way it drives and all the power it has. Ford lovers will drive Ford. I'm not saying they'll all convert.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:59 AM   #23
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
The loyalists will never sell theirs for Chevys, but you can't tell me that sorority chick sitting a few rows in front of me is going to keep her Mustang when daddy will buy her a new car. She's not a loyalist, and neither are most car buyers. When this car comes out, it will sell because it looks great. It will sell to loyalists because we like the way it drives and all the power it has. Ford lovers will drive Ford. I'm not saying they'll all convert.
made a good point

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 04-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #24
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ragtop View Post
You can even get better mileage perhaps with the tall highway gear too on any Camaro.
Do you think it will have a nice tall 6th?

That's one of the major things I dislike about my VW Rabbit - 5th is way too short. I can't imagine why the ratios are so close. The GTI is the same body with a more powerful engine and a 6 speed, but 6th is the same as the Rabbit's 5th, so it's got even closer ratios. I have to believe you lose more time shifting than you gain from such close ratios. My Rabbit is pretty lively on the highway in 5th, doing 3000 rpm at 70mph, and I would much rather gain a few MPG and have to downshift for more than minor acceleration.

To hell with close ratios. I don't like them on bicycles and I don't like them on cars.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:10 AM   #25
The_Blur

Quote:
made a good point
I should also add that this argument explains the infiltration of foreign cars into the US market and why they are outselling domestic brands. If we were loyalists, we'd pick Buick over Lexus, Chrysler over Mercedes, and Lincoln over Infiniti every time.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #26
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
I should also add that this argument explains the infiltration of foreign cars into the US market and why they are outselling domestic brands. If we were loyalists, we'd pick Buick over Lexus, Chrysler over Mercedes, and Lincoln over Infiniti every time.
people have certain taste and style some that domestic don't offer, thought lexus was american car, sould have know they are good cars

Quote:
Old 04-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #27
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
people have certain taste and style some that domestic don't offer, thought lexus was american car, sould have know they are good cars
Lexus is Toyota's luxury brand.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #28
The_Blur

Quote:

They're all good cars. While I don't like Ford, I would roll in a Bronco. One of my dream cars is a McLaren by Mercedes. There's nothing that indicates that imports are inferior as a whole. Lexus is a great company with great cars. I'm just explaining that loyalists will prefer their company's equivalent model to the competition. I will buy a Camaro over a Mustang. I would rather have an Aveo than a Prius, even though neither is impressive. It's a matter of company preference. In marketing, this is usually a result of branding consumers.

On a side note, Toyota owns Lexus and Scion.