Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-29-2016, 08:17 PM   #43
Og Neon
Lover of Speed

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusionofideas View Post
I am in SO cal if you are out this way we need to hit the track. I run with NASA and they have NASA Arizona region events out at Chuckwalla Raceway. Maybe I will see you there.
I am running with NASA as well. I will probably cross paths with you then. I have been working to get to all the track days while I am out here in the west.

Also, love the Evo. Looks definitely like a track monster. It took me about a month to sell mine and I was finally able to sell it to a track enthusiast that wants to build more on it. There is a Evo track forum on faceboook, that might be a good place to post it. I also did the forums.
Og Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:57 PM   #44
phillyflyer

Drives: 2015 Z28
Maybe we should have an "evo-convert" sub forum

Can't wait to get the Z on the track...all my time catching high HP/TQ cars in the corners only to have them pull like monsters on the straights...now I have a car that can do both!

Old 03-29-2016, 09:17 PM   #45
Og Neon
Lover of Speed

Drives: 2018 ZLE
I hear ya on that one...I hate have the big v8s run me down in the long straights! Now I am that guy but the beating doesn't end at the braking zone!

Evo converts unite!
Og Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #46
Fusionofideas

Drives: 2015 Z28, C7 Corvette, Evo X
APR Performance GTC-500 Wing-Huge difference on the track

I had the APR GTC-500 wing and carbon side extensions installed on the Z28 and it is incredible. It really instilled more confidence at the track. I ran at Buttonwillow 13 CCW last weekend for the NASA SO CAL event and placed second in TT2. For those following this thread and all my EVO brothers in arms....I shaved off 13 seconds on my best time in the Evo at Buttonwillow and ran a 2:00 flat. That was before the new pavement but still very impressed with what I was able to finally see in the Z28. I am confident that there is still so much more to get out of this car at the track but I am really getting the comfort level in the car, pitching it into corners and carrying speed.
Attached Images

Fusionofideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #47
Fusionofideas

Trofeo R Blowout time for Toyo R888

I got lucky....The tire blew out on the 241 toll road and I was able to limp into a neighborhood. I am glad that nothing happened at the track especially because I was bombing through Buttonwillow and that could have been catastrophic. I got about 35 heat cycles out of the front tires, rear tires still have a little meat on them.
I am making the change to the Toyo R888 to see how they do. Anyone else run the Toyo R888 competitively?
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2016, 04:28 PM   #48
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
That wing looks right at home on your car. Sorry for the blow out, that sucks! Looking forward to more updates.
I track wrecked Z/28s Total lost -41
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 04:35 PM   #49
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
I had the APR GTC-500 wing and carbon side extensions installed on the Z28 and it is incredible. It really instilled more confidence at the track. I ran at Buttonwillow 13 CCW last weekend for the NASA SO CAL event and placed second in TT2. For those following this thread and all my EVO brothers in arms....I shaved off 13 seconds on my best time in the Evo at Buttonwillow and ran a 2:00 flat. That was before the new pavement but still very impressed with what I was able to finally see in the Z28. I am confident that there is still so much more to get out of this car at the track but I am really getting the comfort level in the car, pitching it into corners and carrying speed.
I like the wing - is this something that could be bolted on for track days and then removed for driving around town?
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:04 PM   #50
Fusionofideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1LE View Post
I like the wing - is this something that could be bolted on for track days and then removed for driving around town?
Yeah, APR did an incredible job. It has a carbon fiber pedestal but you could remove it from under the trunk.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:38 PM   #51
phillyflyer

Quote:
Awesome!!!

Is that 13 seconds or 1.3 seconds? If 13 seconds that's just plain nuts and a testament to your driving and confidence in the car and the engineers at GM for creating such a great platform

Either way, great stuff (from your Evo Brother in Arms )
Old 04-28-2016, 05:40 PM   #52
phillyflyer

Quote:
I got lucky....The tire blew out on the 241 toll road and I was able to limp into a neighborhood. I am glad that nothing happened at the track especially because I was bombing through Buttonwillow and that could have been catastrophic. I got about 35 heat cycles out of the front tires, rear tires still have a little meat on them.
I am making the change to the Toyo R888 to see how they do. Anyone else run the Toyo R888 competitively?

Glad you got home safely!

Good to know about the max total cycles (YMMV based on track and conditions)
Old 04-28-2016, 09:32 PM   #53
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Thanks for the update. It appears you are enjoying the car! We await your feedback regarding the Toyo tire switch.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:01 PM   #54
Fusionofideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyer View Post
Awesome!!!

Is that 13 seconds or 1.3 seconds? If 13 seconds that's just plain nuts and a testament to your driving and confidence in the car and the engineers at GM for creating such a great platform

Either way, great stuff (from your Evo Brother in Arms )
13 full seconds. I am feeling the car now. It was a blast. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:35 AM   #55
Fusionofideas

So the toyo r888 ran well at willow springs. I was on the big track. Need to find best air pressure as the tires were definitely howling more than the trofeos. I would say that I probably prefer the Trofeo but I want to give these a bit more opportunit.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:30 AM   #56
Robbie1227

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28/2016 Jeep Sahara
Where did you get that red tow hook?
2015 summit white Z28 #120 TRK DAY
-Sun-Tek PPF-C protection film on 2/3 of the car, Moreno Camber plates, American Racing 2" ceramic coated LT headers and X-pipes with No Cats, Taylor red performance wires, NGK plugs, BTR Stage III Cam, MSD Atomic intake, Nick Williams 102mm throttle body, Stage 2 CNC Ported Heads by WCCH, MGW short throw shifter, oil catch can, and a dyno tune to get me to 587 RWHP and 516 RWTQ

GONE:
2013 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks headers and CAT delete, ATI damper and 10% pulley and balancer!
Results: 576 RWHP - 540 RWTQ
Robbie1227 is offline   Reply With Quote