Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2018, 12:02 PM   #1
Tritanium

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Is there any proper way to raise ride height?

First things first, I'm not a troll and I'm actually asking this very unusual question for very unusual reasons lol.

I want to raise my ride height by a couple of inches or so. I know its possible because I've seen plenty of cars with 26"-32" wheels, but from what I can tell those are all done by cutting and welding the shocks(which seems very unsafe) I would like to put larger more off road oriented tires on a 17" or 18" wheel. I drive my Camaro around some dirt/gravel roads very often. Right now I'm looking at some custom spacers, and maybe some custom lift springs if possible. I'm hoping maybe there's some super obvious better way to do this that I'm just missing.

Before anyone says it no I'm not joking, and no I don't want to just go buy a truck/suv/or whatever other sarcastic comment you want to throw out there. I love my Camaro and its my car to do what I want with. So if anyone can actually help me I'd really apricate it.
Tritanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 02:27 PM   #2
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I would imagine you'll have to go outside the box on this one. Mostly custom made suspension components.

https://www.off-road.com/blog/2017/0...maro-show-car/
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:24 PM   #3
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
I would imagine you'll have to go outside the box on this one. Mostly custom made suspension components.

This thing looks great, imo... with the right suspension, I bet its a lot of fun...

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:31 PM   #4
Tritanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post

I did see that, and even contacted them asking for help(obviously didn't get it lol). Just so we're clear though that's way more than I'm looking to do. I'm looking to put on a 30"(maybe 31") tire instead of the stock 28.7". Thanks for the link though.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:01 AM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Talk to BMR and for gods sake get some wheel well help with some mud flaps or watch it pepper the sides....
Old 10-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #6
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Saw this at chili's a couple of weeks ago.
Attached Images

StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:59 PM   #7
Tritanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
Saw this at chili's a couple of weeks ago.
That's about what I'm looking for. I just wish I could see how it was done and if it wasn't some ridiculous safety hazard.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:23 PM   #8
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Oddly enough, this same request came up several years back and that guy was from Phila too. He wanted to lift his because he couldn't avoid potholes.

How far outside of the city do you have to travel to find these dirt roads that resemble Budds Creek? It sounds like a ZR2's paradise.

Are you still enlisted in the US Army? Are you still looking to put down 600RWHP?

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #9
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
That "Mad Max" Camaro is well done.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:46 PM   #10
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
The rear I'd think would be easy enough just by replacing the rear shocks with air shocks. Granted, that would throw the camber out of whack when aired up, but it'd give you the clearance you need. Maybe even an air strut for the front?

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:40 PM   #11
Deathmore

Drives: None Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Oddly enough, this same request came up several years back and that guy was from Phila too. He wanted to lift his because he couldn't avoid potholes.

How far outside of the city do you have to travel to find these dirt roads that resemble Budds Creek? It sounds like a ZR2's paradise.

Are you still enlisted in the US Army? Are you still looking to put down 600RWHP?
I'm not sure about all that, but I'm actually not in Philly anymore (although the roads there are awful)

I'm also not really sure what those questions have to do with anything here, but yeah I am "still enlisted in the US army" I'm with the 82nd at Ft Bragg. As for the other question no I've given up on the 600RWHP for now. No reason for all that on my daily driver.
Deathmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 06:22 AM   #12
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmore View Post
I'm not sure about all that, but I'm actually not in Philly anymore (although the roads there are awful)

I'm also not really sure what those questions have to do with anything here, but yeah I am "still enlisted in the US army" I'm with the 82nd at Ft Bragg. As for the other question no I've given up on the 600RWHP for now. No reason for all that on my daily driver.
I was speaking to the OP (Tritanium). In prior threads, he mentioned going into the US Army and looking for 600RWHP.

As for you (Deathmore), are you still thinking of building a daily driven 5th Gen Camaro, equipped with an 8" SkyJacker lift and a .50 Cal?

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 10-29-2018, 11:12 AM   #13
Deathmore

Drives: None Yet
OP feel free to shoot me a PM. I can't get you completely squared away, but I can tell you how to lift your car a solid 2" without screwing over your suspension. Don't waste your time on here arguing with some of these guys. They are some closed minded trolls who just sit on here all day hunting people down who have different opinions then them on what to do with YOUR car.
Deathmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:23 AM   #14
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmore View Post
OP feel free to shoot me a PM. I can't get you completely squared away, but I can tell you how to lift your car a solid 2" without screwing over your suspension. Don't waste your time on here arguing with some of these guys. They are some closed minded trolls who just sit on here all day hunting people down who have different opinions then them on what to do with YOUR car.
Sorry man. It was an honest question from past threads that you had posted. I wanted to see pics of the lifted 5th Gen w/ a .50 cal mounted on it. If you have any, post them up!