Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #43
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Hi Toasty, I'm flying into Chicago w/ my girlfriend and I'm introducing her into the world of Camaros and all things muscle/pony cars. We are renting a car to drive down to Indy(not a Camaro :() and were wondering if we could drive down with your group. We are picking up the rental car on thursday at about noon. Would that give us time to meet up with your group?
We're likely leaving the southern meet point at about 11:45-12:00, which would put you at least a half hour to an hour behind us, depending on which airport you're in...
Old 07-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #44
Toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis RS View Post
Ok, so it looks like I will have enough funds to make this trip. For the Wisconsin guys, I live in Beloit and we could all meet right at the Wis/Ill border and cruise together down to meet at the Itasca meet point. I've been there before, so I have no problem leading the group down to that point either. Please let me know if you are interested so that I can scout an easy location for us to all meet and be able to get on the interstate easily. I will also make a Wisco thread incase some of the others do not check out the Chicagoland thread.
Sounds good. I updated the first post with some routes an time information... my intention is to have the Itasca group leave their meet point at like 10 AM
Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #45
Toasty

FIRST POST UPDATED!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #46
Xello

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
To all Camaros in Southeast Wisconsin who are traveling to C5F on Thursday 8/2:

If you would like to meet in Kenosha and Camarovan to the Oasis meet point via I94/I294 together let me know. It's a little less than a 2 hour drive from Kenosha so I am planning on leaving around 9:30am - 9:45am in order to get down to South Holland by 11:30.

If anyone is interested let me know and I'll find a good Kenosha meet point.

==
If you are traveling down from western or central Wisconsin you might want to look at Mantis RS's post if you aren't planning on driving down via Kenosha.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:07 AM   #47
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
We're likely leaving the southern meet point at about 11:45-12:00, which would put you at least a half hour to an hour behind us, depending on which airport you're in...
Ok, I'll work on getting the car for 10 am. and get it out of the Midway Airport and that will get us closer to the Southern meet point.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:27 AM   #48
Cheesehead1

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post

If you would like to meet in Kenosha and Camarovan to the Oasis meet point via I94/I294 together let me know. It's a little less than a 2 hour drive from Kenosha so I am planning on leaving around 9:30am - 9:45am in order to get down to South Holland by 11:30.

==
If you are traveling down from western or central Wisconsin you might want to look at Mantis RS's post if you aren't planning on driving down via Kenosha.
I'm down for that. Let me know.
Thanks!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:52 AM   #49
hp junkie

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:

==
I'll be joining at the kenosha meeting point.
2010 2SS M6 CGM LMR cold air, texas speed underdrive pulley and complete stainless exhaust 17/8 headers coated, comp LSR cam, push rods and trunion upgrade, norris catch can, prothane engine mounts, pfadt coilovers, BMR everything suspension, BMR four point strut, MGW billet shifter, barton pistol grip handle, AAC dome and footwell blue, all lights 25% tint, RKsport carbon inlay spoiler, powdercoated calipers, Stoptech stainless brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, West Bend Dyno tune 491rwhp and 465rwtq corrected.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #50
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Drives: 2011 SGM 1LT/RS
Ok I know I already posted this, but... (also thanks for the mention Xello)

To all Camaros in South Central/Central Wisconsin who are traveling to C5F on Thursday 8/2: [mainly Madison Area, Janesville, and further north like Wisconsin Dells, Stevens Point, Wausua area]

If you would like to meet in South Beloit at the Road Ranger(6070 Gardner Street South Beloit, IL 61080) and Camarovan to the Itasca meet point via I90/I290 together let me know. It's about a 1.5 hour drive from South Beloit, so the plan would be to leave around 8am (8:30am at the latest) in order to make sure we are down and staged ready to leave the Westin in Itasca at 10:00am.

I created a thread to keep this group organized, so we know whose all going please head to it and post if you will be joining this group, so know one is left behind or playing catch up.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...05#post5298405
Old 07-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #51
Mikk2K

Drives: '10 Camaro LTRS, '12 Pro4x Frontier
Quote:

==

I'm up for meeting in Kenosha on Thursday morning. Just let me know what time and where.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #52
Xello

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS

Since WiDot is doing contruction on I-94 in Kenosha, the best place to meet is at the rest stop off of Hwy 165 (Exit 347). The rest stop is on the east side of the Interstate. It's the same exit you would take to go to the outlet mall. There is also a BP station if you need fuel and a Culvers and McDonald's for eats or drinks.

We'll meet in and leave from the the rest stop parking lot. I would like to leave between 9:30 and 9:45am as there is some construction on I-294 which may slow us down just a little. But I think we will still be okay for time. It will take an 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to the South Holland Oasis and meet up with the Chicago group. There are tolls along the way but if you don't have an I-Pass we'll slow as we pass them so you can pay and catch back up.

I'll PM my cell number to anyone who posts that they want to meet so you can call if you might be a little late.

Meeting at the Kenosha rest stop:
1. Xello
2. Cheesehead1
3. hp junkie
4. Mikk2k
Old 07-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #53
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I'm good to go for the meetup at the Oasis....that sounds like a hot spot.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #54
Dacannon

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LTRS, E46 330XI
I'm interested I'm on the south side next to midway airport will be at the oasis prior to 1130

Last edited by Dacannon; 07-19-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #55
CAMARO_MOW

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
I would like to travel with the group. I am in northwest Indiana already. What time do you think you will be getting on I-65 in Indiana? I can always jump on the train while it is moving.....
Old 07-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #56
CAMARO_MOW

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
Good deal! I think I will try and meet you around 65 and 30 at about that time. Hopefully it works out!!!

Closed Thread