Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 08:52 PM   #29
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
"3 over" what? 3 over 10 over (78 in a 65)? Busted! Pay up. If you know you did wrong... pay the fine and learn from the experience.
3 over the speed limit
Old 06-27-2015, 10:58 PM   #30
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
1st never pull over unless his lights are on. He might have let you go
2 do not slam on your breaks.
3 let off on the gas to slow down. he doesn't need to clock your speed . radar tells him your speed.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 06-28-2015, 03:17 AM   #31
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod View Post
It was in Ladera Ranch on Antonio Pkwy, he said it was a safe 65 zone but the posted limit is 60.
I was under the impression it was CHP who tagged you. If not, it was one of my alumni. Only you know how fast you were going and despite what others say, it very difficult to tell speed in a rear view mirror. You can judge faster or slower but not accurately judge their speed. You can judge speed easily enough if your parked and have a good view of the roadway. Also the officer can go as fast as wants in catching up to an alleged speeder. No rules against that. (Why do you think so many guys want to do it)

I think that's unincorporated area so it could be CHP handling traffic and speed enforcement and OCSD handling calls for service. If it was CHP, you're not going to have much in your favor. The CHPs basically have a PhD in court testimony (seriously). And they don't miss court dates, period, short of an emergency. They get paid to go to court.

You might stun the judge if you just admit guilt and ask for traffic school to keep the points off your record.. He may give you a $40 dollar fine instead of $400.

Wish I could help more but I just don't see an out or mistake the Motor made that would help you. I am not at all in favor of just rolling over with out a fight. The world and all it's clamping down all the evil police officers out there have caused departments to make every thing they do "tightened up" or by the book. Like a script. There's really no leeway for them to mess up (if they think maybe it was a weak stop, you get a warning and no one goes to court.)

If there's anything else you think of, please post it.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:06 AM   #32
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod View Post
Flat, around a turn
Is that when you saw him? He probably paced you well before that. You said you saw him coming up on you doing 90+ mph and that is too late as he is coming to get you at that point.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
Old 06-28-2015, 05:36 AM   #33
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
‘All about the money’: Motorists plagued by sky-high Calif. traffic ticket fines
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...-ticket-fines/

Good luck my friend
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:34 AM   #34
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Do you have prior points/tickets on your record? If not, just plea not guilty (which everyone should do in every situation anyway) and see what the DA offers, could be reduced to a smallish fine and no points. If you have prior points/tickets, just lawyer up. Unlikely to win by any technicality without one anyway.

Ignore the members who constantly tell people to just "pay up". They're not the ones who will be paying increased insurance rates for the next 3-4 years, and heaven forbid you get another ticket in that time. Just be smart when paying the driving tax. They really just want your money anyway.

Fwiw, it's one reason I never 'hot rod' my cars - tint and other visual/audible mods are like honey to a bear. You'll eventually 'learn' that, or you'll just accept/embrace constant pestering from cops.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:52 AM   #35
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Everyone should plead guilty? Gotta disagree in the strongest terms with that. Damnation! I have been given phantom tickets because the cop was embarrassed.

In most places, the DA has nothing to do with a traffic ticket. Everyone thinks "court" with "fighting speeding tickets". You go to a courthouse, sure but you're not on trial. I suppose you could track down your DA and ask him to do something for you but I would have serious doubts that the DA will be informed by the court magistrate that you plead guilty to the ticket and now he has to make a decision.

I feel it is more likely that they will tell you in the future, if you want to "plead guilty" to a speeding ticket, you should inform the authorities of such by just paying the ticket in a timely manner, because you're wasting their time.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:53 AM   #36
phillip123hastings

Drives: A real beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Everyone should plead guilty? Gotta disagree in the strongest terms with that. Damnation! I have been given phantom tickets because the cop was embarrassed.

In most places, the DA has nothing to do with a traffic ticket. Everyone thinks "court" with "fighting speeding tickets". You go to a courthouse, sure but you're not on trial. I suppose you could track down your DA and ask him to do something for you but I would have serious doubts that the DA will be informed by the court magistrate that you plead guilty to the ticket and now he has to make a decision.

I feel it is more likely that they will tell you in the future, if you want to "plead guilty" to a speeding ticket, you should inform the authorities of such by just paying the ticket in a timely matter because you're wasting their time.
Wow, in the movies you really are on a trial, with a Judge and everything

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2015, 08:56 AM   #37
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Actors get paid too. The whole thing is a ripoff!
Old 06-28-2015, 08:57 AM   #38
phillip123hastings

Drives: A real beast
Guess we all learnt something today

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2015, 09:06 AM   #39
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Not me. It's the weekend. I ain't getting paid to learn today.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #40
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCamOwner View Post
Is that when you saw him? He probably paced you well before that. You said you saw him coming up on you doing 90+ mph and that is too late as he is coming to get you at that point.
I made a turn onto the road I was pulled over on about a quarter mile back. According to him, the violation occurred on that road. It would take my car 5-6 seconds to "exceed 75" from a stop. If he did pace me on the road he pulled me over on, he did not pace me for a distance great enough to determine my speed. Like I said, when you turn onto that street, the street bends immediately and I see no way that he could have vision of me around the bend to match his speed with mine. Similarly, I specifically saw him come around the corner and approach me at a speed significantly greater than mine. He never slowed down to my speed and continue it for a distance great enough and a time long enough to get an approximation of my speed. The reason for this is because he was closing in on my car, thus he was going faster than me, and when I saw this, I was already stopping on the shoulder because I thought he was going to an emergency. Like I said, I immediately checked my speed when he came into view, and I was going 3 over.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #41
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Your biggest mistake was pulling over when the cop didn't have his lights on. For all you know he was going after someone else, and when you pulled over he said to himself well he must have been doing something wrong. You made it easy for him, A bird in the hand ya know...
I advise you never to pull over unless the cop has his emergency lights on and indicates you to pull over.

Check your ticket for inaccuracy and if there are any errors that you can prove then you may get off, otherwise it's your word against his, and you know who will win that argument.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #42
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
nice job bro, I got my self 3 of them last year including a reckless for doing donuts in a abandoned parcking lot thank god it got tossed out but I now realize you gotta pay more attention to your surroundings on the road when your in a very eye catching car even the slightest moves catch peoples attention.

Closed Thread