Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2018 2500
Love mine.Paired mine with sw long tubes and hf cats and WOW!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #16
Mister-Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS L99
Great choice, I got Magnaflows and I LOVE them. I put an X-Pipe on mine and it makes a really big difference
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #17
akonechn

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS
When you say night and day difference, are you talking more about tone, loudness, or performance gains? I love my Mach X but still wish the car was a little louder.

2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Black | RS Package | Hurst Short Throw Shifter | Sunroof | Polished Wheels
Pfadt Tri-Y Headers | Solo Mach X Catback | C.A.I. Intake | Vmax | Apex Intake Scoop & Washer Tank | Tuning by Mike Norris
Polished OEM Strut Brace | Black Front Bowtie | C6 Flags Rear Emblem | Black Tail Light Bezels | Window Tint | Stealth Turn Signal Bulbs
Ghosted Black LED Sidemarkers | Plasma LED DRL | DRL Harness | ABL LED Dome Light | LED Trunk & License Plate Lights

akonechn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #18
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
The only way to go is SOLO! Congrats! Best sounding system out there, IMO!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #19
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by akonechn View Post
When you say night and day difference, are you talking more about tone, loudness, or performance gains? I love my Mach X but still wish the car was a little louder.
Probably the first thing you will notice with the high flow cats is the sound. It's much meaner and louder when you get on it. At idle, it's still relatively mild, and at cruise there's just a nice, low V8 rumble. Cold start sounds bad ass, and when you rev it up, it's beastly. When I had them on my car, it did feel a little stronger. They are supposed to be good for 15-20 HP. Probably not a night and day performance difference, but an improvement nonetheless. Throttle response should improve, too. If you don't do LTs, high flow cats are a must, IMO.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Probably the first thing you will notice with the high flow cats is the sound. It's much meaner and louder when you get on it. At idle, it's still relatively mild, and at cruise there's just a nice, low V8 rumble. Cold start sounds bad ass, and when you rev it up, it's beastly. When I had them on my car, it did feel a little stronger. They are supposed to be good for 15-20 HP. Probably not a night and day performance difference, but an improvement nonetheless. Throttle response should improve, too. If you don't do LTs, high flow cats are a must, IMO.
Perfectly said!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #21
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
A little over 2 hours on ramps today doing the Solo HFC's. Fit is perfect but I miss the LS1 studs in the manifold. Using bolts on the HFC to manifold flange is a Royal PITA working alone. The instructions say to put the bolts in from the bottom and nuts on top. Not possible even using 'THE FORCE' here working alone but dropping them in from the top worked ok, just had to use mid deep sockets & a swivel to get the rear bolt on each side tight. Nice quality crush gaskets included. I used a 1x2 to block the stock catback up at the crossmember to keep the stress off of the slide clamp connections.

Just a wee bit louder at idle, no leaks at the connections & the fuel trims are the same so far proving no air infiltration. It's raining today so no cruse to test it. Phat Bee is a garage queen.