Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #1
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Deer 1, Camaro 0

Is it totaled?

Happy Festivus to me!

Dropped it off today and ended up in a '14 Camaro LT convertible for a loaner. Not bad!

Damage is worse than it seems, a lot of the front end metal is crumpled on that front side. The hood doesn't appear to have any issues though. Driver's door still opens but the fender came close. Overall I'm guessing $3k in work needs to be done. Estimate won't be done until later today or Monday.
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
No. I would think fix able
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #3
stoopid

On a side note -- immediately noticed less response from the LT despite it being the exact same configuration (kinda, the gear ratio is actually supposed to be more responsive). This is of course a result of the 87 octane in the tank, same effect I've seen in my own 2LS. People saying it's placebo really just need to get it in their heads that despite what they think premium gas really benefits the LFX.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:46 AM   #4
stoopid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
No. I would think fix able
It was a joke based on the number of times people ask if their damages are a total loss.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
12 ZL1 #1725

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
It was a joke based on the number of times people ask if their damages are a total loss.
Lol! I was hoping that was the case!!!
12 ZL1 #1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:04 PM   #6
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
This car will be repaired. I see no leaks, no airbag deployments and the damage looks purely cosmetic. The metal you're seeing underneath can be repaired.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Dude your looking at least 10k worth of damage and that's not including the bad service you may receive. Oh don't forget all the time calling GM about the poor service with the body shop. And happy holidays lol.
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:20 PM   #8
1SSFever

Drives: 2012 1SS
I'd definitely get like 7 estimates before you even meet with a insurance claims adjustor or you will get jacked so bad.

I think this may be a comprehensive claim, lower deductible usually, also no fault.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #9
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
I am so happy you were joking. I was about to be a huge troll and tell you an exorbitant amount that the repair cost would be. That really sucks though. I had a woman smash into me in a parking lot and the cop cant legally say who is at blame. So It was an at fault accident for both of us. Some ass backward law where on private property, cops may only ask that the two drivers exchange information, unless there is injury or death or another post accident altercation. Hope yours is cheap.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
Crashfixr

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Same here !!!
Attached Images

Crashfixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:52 PM   #11
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashfixr View Post
Same here !!!
I only find this really funny because of your Screen Name. Besides the irony, that really sucks.
Old 12-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #12
Crashfixr

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Actually I enjoy when other Hit me .. even deers !!! You can nor have too much work !!!
Crashfixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
I just want to congratulate you on not panicking and spinning off the road into a tree and totaling the car and risking your life trying to avoid hitting a deer in the road (good choice). I have hit to deer in my time behind the wheel both in my old S-10 Pickup sorry Bambi if its a choice between me and yo its you every time. I am amazed how many people think they can swerve to avoid hitting a animal, like you have a clue if its going to go left or right or stop in its tracks. Just hit the brakes hard (unless you have a car tailgating you then just normal braking) as you can so that you can keep your car in control and in your lane if he moves great if he doesn't oh well slow as much as you can to limit the damage.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:22 PM   #14
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
I just want to congratulate you on not panicking and spinning off the road into a tree and totaling the car and risking your life trying to avoid hitting a deer in the road (good choice). I have hit to deer in my time behind the wheel both in my old S-10 Pickup sorry Bambi if its a choice between me and yo its you every time. I am amazed how many people think they can swerve to avoid hitting a animal, like you have a clue if its going to go left or right or stop in its tracks. Just hit the brakes hard (unless you have a car tailgating you then just normal braking) as you can so that you can keep your car in control and in your lane if he moves great if he doesn't oh well slow as much as you can to limit the damage.
Damn good point. Never though of it. Admittedly, I'm assuming my reaction would be to swerve to avoid, since I'm from California and dont have this problem. I live in Massachusetts now and this could definitely happen. I will keep this in mind so I don't cause a worse accident.