Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-29-2014, 11:41 PM   #15
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364255
Old 06-29-2014, 11:43 PM   #16
StevenBateman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
the ipf uses a vortech V3 head unit, it can support upwards of 700 hp, your engine cannot support that much HP. pully, meth, hard charge pipes, evap system upgrades are all good, then gears, clutch, suspension. You are good to about 400-450 at the wheels, more than that and you are going custom and paying big bucks. You can always plumb nitrous with the IPF kit...
As much as I'd love a 700HP car, I don't think I could possibly afford something that powerful! Not to mention there's not really any places around here in Niagara Falls where I could open that bad boy up. Honestly the gains from the SC itself are probably good for me, but I know me and once I get a taste of that power I'm gonna want more, but only to a certain extent.
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:01 AM   #17
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
I'll echo V6's sentiments re the RX kit. I bought one about the same time he did. It wasn't a kit. It was some parts and sketchy instructions. And then a futile exercise in making it fit and trying to make it all work. Very intrusive on your OEM parts due to the amount of hacking cutting tinkering. My car never ran well with that junk on my car. By comparison IPF's kit was well sorted leaves a very small footprint on the OEM design of the car. That way if you ever have to remove it, nobody would know it was ever there. I've had mine on my car for 19 mos now.

Don't get RX'd™
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:05 AM   #18
StevenBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
I'll echo V6's sentiments re the RX kit. I bought one about the same time he did. It wasn't a kit. It was some parts and sketchy instructions. And then a futile exercise in making it fit and trying to make it all work. Very intrusive on your OEM parts due to the amount of hacking cutting tinkering. My car never ran well with that junk on my car. By comparison IPF's kit was well sorted leaves a very small footprint on the OEM design of the car. That way if you ever have to remove it, nobody would know it was ever there. I've had mine on my car for 19 mos now.

Don't get RX'd™
Thanks for the advice! I've seen a lot of other reviews that are parallel with what you're saying about the "kit". How do you like the IPF? What kind of numbers are you getting with it?
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

Old 06-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #19
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
If you go with the STS kit I would suggest you do the upgraded turbo and plan on relocating the scavenge pump. Tuning has always been an issue for the LLTs and STS relies on a third party for tuning. IPF produces their own tunes, so that's another thing to consider.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #20
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Only reliable choice for the LLT for now is IPF. And IPS if they get enough interest for a turbo kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #21
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
Ipf supercharger
IPS TT kit
Only two I would ever put on my car
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #22
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
I hated it. It was crap. Nothing fit. Had to make it work properly on my own
Back when I had my V6 I had the RX "kit" and had all the issues that V6owner had. If you go with a supercharger get the IPF kit, I've personally seen sycrafts and it is a clean looking set up.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #23
StevenBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
Ipf supercharger
IPS TT kit
Only two I would ever put on my car
I was looking at IPS, but on their website they only advertise a TT for the LFX engine, mines an LLT so I'm guessing they don't make a turbo for the LLT engine.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #24
Desertion

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Transformer Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenBateman View Post
I was looking at IPS, but on their website they only advertise a TT for the LFX engine, mines an LLT so I'm guessing they don't make a turbo for the LLT engine.
There's a thread where they were talking about making one but couldn't get 5 people to commit to it and they said something about waiting on hptuner support, If they made one and had good tuning support I'd put my pennies together for it
Desertion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:03 PM   #25
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
That's because custom tuning for the LLT has been very hard to come by. IPF offers their own tunes for SC and naturally aspirated tunes.

Just about nobody else can do a custom tune for forced induction for the LLT, and that is the #1 reason we only have one or two options for "reliable" forced induction for the LLT.

If HPTuners can come through, and get a tune for the LLT working (which they are working on, but we have yet to see if they will completely succeed) then IPS will likely start to offer a TT kit in addition to the LFX TT kit.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #26
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
They've made a LLT kit in the past but the tuning was a nightmare. So after that kit was done they shelved the kit until recently when they started to ask for volunteers. But the HPT tune progress slowed down and folks got scared. They make a hell of a kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2014, 04:06 PM   #27
StevenBateman

Well considering this mod probably won't be coming for a little while I'll still be putting my money away and keep my eye out and watch for anything that comes from IPS and see what they/if they produce a turbo kit for the LLT engine.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #28
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post

Don't get RX'd™
I have never had the car dyno'd so I don't have any numbers nor have I had it to the track since I put this kit on so I don't have any numbers for that either.
Unofficially I can tell you that a stock SS or 5.0 or even a stock C6 will get walked on a freeway pull. Messed with a modded WRX STi this morning thinking I'd prolly get walked. I was thrilled to be wrong. He told me he could tell I was running a bit rich but was very complimentary. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote