Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-03-2016, 10:49 AM   #29
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
Agp needs to build a dedicated drag car. Im sure it would pay for itself in turbo sales.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:08 PM   #30
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Plenty of customer our there running mid to low 9s with very basic setups, and no way does it even come close to paying for it.

Anyways, boost controller, the speed switch, 2 step, and other stuff that works great with a turbo easily takes away any of the so called downsides of too much power or launching.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:16 PM   #31
BradySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttshovel View Post
If you were even considering an f1 series blower. Buy an f1x. Chances are you will never outgrow it
Do you think the car will be as quick with the bigger F1X vs the D1SC? I'm just planning on staying on the stock bottom end for a couple years unless I hurt something and wonder if it might be out of its efficiency range pulleying it down where I need it? Although I thought it had a better step up ratio than the D1SC so maybe I'd be alright. I'm kind of like the opposite of most people in the sense I'd rather buy the right size blower for my combo now than buy one that I wont outgrow.
BradySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:21 PM   #32
BradySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
That quality of service you have experienced continues after the sale. As for your fear of going turbo, over supercharger. If I understand you, your scared because there are not as many people with turbos, running the ET's that the Supercharged guys are running.

Consider this, the majority of people with 5th gen Camaros that are FI are supercharged. Not as many people that are FI have turbos, in fact I would be willing to bet there are twice as many supercharged cars out there over turbo cars. Adding to that, most of the turbo cars that are out there (fifth gen Camaros anyway) are not racing at the track. They are roll racing or not racing at all.

That is IMO the main reason why you are not seeing the kind of data that your looking for. If you look at the turbo cars that are running at the track (cars that are not Camaros) then you will see that they are just as capable as the supercharged cars, if not more.

That being said, there is no question in my mind, that if you wanted what you have stated in your thread, that you could get it with a supercharger. However if you went turbo, then you could get there too. You just need to make the leap, and do it. The people at AGP can help you get there and they would be happy to help you.

Hope that sheds some light on your question.
Yeah, I agree with you that there's a fraction of turbo 5th gens compared to supercharged. Those ones with the turbos may not be into drag racing as much as me but it still worries me. Like I said Everything tells me turbo and I may be able to pull off the times I'm looking for just hard to pull the trigger on it.

Like I said the customer experience I had on the phone almost makes me want to do it anyways.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:25 PM   #33
BradySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
I guess I should have said if you are willing to go 5000rpm stall then a big centri is the way to go. Or a good old AGP TT set-up that we'll money back guarantee 9's.
You've really got me second guessing myself. You're so dang confident I'll put down a good number I just want to go for it. We talked on the phone about shipping my car over to you or just trailering it over being I'm in Utah so you could do the custom stuff for the turbo400 to get around the trans and brake solenoid.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:38 PM   #34
BradySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
What time slip are you going for? Do you have a cage in the car? If 9's is what you are wanting either will get you there. If you want to go faster then you need to eliminate the whipple from the equation.
Don't have a cage in the car but could put one in if needed. If I get quick enough to require one I'll do it. Have one in my Turbo Foxbody and could have the same guy do my Camaro. I don't know if I'll need a cage being its a newer car. I think 2008 and up you don't need one until 9.99 My fox needed one when it was in the 11s. It ran 11.22 and was told I needed a cage. I think the cutoff was 11.49 but I might be wrong.

To answer your question I don't have a definite goal for ET except somewhere in the mid to low tens for up here in Utah the tracks elevation is 4278ft so we run slower.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:43 PM   #35
BradySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
I'd love to see you try the AGP turbo with that stall and trans brake. They make a stupid amount of mid range torque and top end hp. Once they get into boost its incredible what they can do. That being said, if the 1/4 mile times are what really rock your boat...you can't completely downplay the potential issues that you will have to solve with a turbo. In my opinion...there are 2 issues. First is the lag. But it seems you've got the set up to mitigate some of that. Second is the incredible rush of mid range power that comes in. Still see a lot of turbo cars that can launch decent but then blow the tires off. With a turbo you have to think that you are launching on motor only, then going to experience a brutal transition into massive amounts of torque, then going to have a top end that will do all you'd hoped it could do. People that get all that right can be really fast at the track. You see a lot of people with turbo doing roll on racing because it eliminates the issues that the 60' gives everyone at the track.

PD and centri blowers offer a little more linear control. Especially centri. PD blowers can be impossible tire spinners off the line due to too much immediate torque. They all have their puts and takes.

But it would be cool to see you try a turbo. Get that right with your supporting mods and you'll put up some times.
I think I can mitigate some of launch downsides of the turbo with the trans brake, stall and suspension/wheel setup hopefully.

I'd like to go turbo another consideration is my cam which is not really good for a turbo being its.
231/239 Intake
641/623 Exhaust
@113

I hope that cam isn't to bad for the turbo setup but its far from the best.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #36
BradySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bct10985 View Post
Agp needs to build a dedicated drag car. Im sure it would pay for itself in turbo sales.
Heck if I could get there I'd advertise for free on the car.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #37
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
Well maybe not a full on drag car but take the shop car put in a transbrake th400, 9" and a 15" conversion. Run 9's and put up videos and slip for the fast list
Old 05-03-2016, 02:47 PM   #38
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
A proper two step will help a ton with your so called turbo lagg off the line. If you are leaving with too much boost its as simple as changing some settings on your two step. It's the same if your not leaving with enough boost. You would be surprised at the amount of people who don't have a two step and try racing. Those are the people that have the majority of the issues that cc is talking about. Add a trans break and your in pretty good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:53 PM   #39
Unreal

Cam is fine for turbo. Can easily make 1200+ with that cam.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #40
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bct10985 View Post
Well maybe not a full on drag car but take the shop car put in a transbrake th400, 9" and a 15" conversion. Run 9's and put up videos and slip for the fast list

I have the 55/57 billet bb In my car. I have a 4l80 with brake and 9in with 3.55's and I have 0 lag in 1st with a 3600 converter. Boost comes on quick. I'll have some track times soon. Just have to find a new tuner to help me out. That's seems to be the hardest part finding a tuner close by. Cars at 800hp/895tq right now.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:40 PM   #41
Unreal

800rwhp through a 4l80 with a good track should be a solid mid/low 9 second car.