Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #169
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The good news is, all that's covered under warranty and fixable in a first-year car. At least it doesn't have a dirty rust-colored rash on it's under-parts...5 years into the model...
Careful, you're going to cause War Eagle to come in here and run the whole thread off-topic by even mentioning that issue.

(BTW, it took me 20 minutes, some painters tape and a couple of rattle-cans to solve the issue on my car. Probably less time than it took Steve to type out his letter to Ford. Let alone how much time he's spent posting the same information on any and every board that had anything remotely to do with a Mustang/GT500.)
Old 09-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #170
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
The way some of the transmissions and CV joints are exploding on the new Camaros, you could certainly be accurate with that statement.
I'm really glad Ford was able to finally achieve the ultimate Rustang. The good thing is they are getting top dollar for it as well.

Now back on topic...

You bought a Camaro. To this day it is the best handling Camaro out of all the generations in my opinion. Sounds to me you were expecting a Camaro that handles like a Vette or better.

Plain and simple, sell the Camaro and go buy what ever your heart desires. I'm keeping my car.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #171
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by kga10734 View Post
I'm really glad Ford was able to finally achieve the ultimate Rustang. The good thing is they are getting top dollar for it as well.

Now back on topic...

You bought a Camaro. To this day it is the best handling Camaro out of all the generations in my opinion. Sounds to me you were expecting a Camaro that handles like a Vette or better.

Plain and simple, sell the Camaro and go buy what ever your heart desires. I'm keeping my car.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #172
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
With respect to the GT500's rust, it's not a faulty piece and as such its not comparable to trannies blowing, cv joints failing, or improperly working ECU's.

The GT500 "issue" is simply that Ford chose to leave the axle housing unpainted. That's it. It involves the axle's cosmetic appearance and nothing more. You can still run 12.3's on the axle all day long. Can't move at all with a busted tranny.

It's also not so much that its covered under warranty either...its the hassle that goes along with it. Hell take a look at the thread about the guy who's got a rear-end that no one seems to be able to solve after 2 months...yes its covered under warranty...but I'd take a dirty butt over an improperly working one that puts the car out of commission for 30+ days.
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer
Old 09-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #173
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
With respect to the GT500's rust, it's not a faulty piece and as such its not comparable to trannies blowing, cv joints failing, or improperly working ECU's.

The GT500 "issue" is simply that Ford chose to leave the axle housing unpainted. That's it. It involves the axle's cosmetic appearance and nothing more. You can still run 12.3's on the axle all day long. Can't move at all with a busted tranny.

It's also not so much that its covered under warranty either...its the hassle that goes along with it. Hell take a look at the thread about the guy who's got a rear-end that no one seems to be able to solve after 2 months...yes its covered under warranty...but I'd take a dirty butt over an improperly working one that puts the car out of commission for 30+ days.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #174
notyou

Drives: bigwheel
Thanks for your honest opinion. I really want to like the new camaro, but the gages and the steering wheel really bug me. Trivial, maybe, but sometimes the small things can ruin an otherwise decent execution. The lack of vision of the corners of the car and the general outward view also worries me. If you can't judge the size and scope of the car from the drivers seat, it's tough to feel confident. Have you driven a 05/09 mustang by chance? I'd like to hear a comparison of the two. The Wife's '08 GT convert is like piloting a water buffalo. Both my '88 IROC and my 95 Z/28 were really fun, well balanced cars. The comments about slow turn in's and dull responce really bum's me out. The '10 stang kills it in the slolom. Maybe I'll buy another C6.....
Old 09-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #175
ArcAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyou View Post
Thanks for your honest opinion. I really want to like the new camaro, but the gages and the steering wheel really bug me. Trivial, maybe, but sometimes the small things can ruin an otherwise decent execution. The lack of vision of the corners of the car and the general outward view also worries me. If you can't judge the size and scope of the car from the drivers seat, it's tough to feel confident. Have you driven a 05/09 mustang by chance? I'd like to hear a comparison of the two. The Wife's '08 GT convert is like piloting a water buffalo. Both my '88 IROC and my 95 Z/28 were really fun, well balanced cars. The comments about slow turn in's and dull responce really bum's me out. The '10 stang kills it in the slolom. Maybe I'll buy another C6.....
Your wifes 08 and the 2010 Stang are not even in the same game. The 2010 is awesome especially with track pack 2
Old 09-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #176
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
Yeah but in the end ,youre still driving a ford mustang, no thanks.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #177
ArcAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod97 View Post
Yeah but in the end ,youre still driving a ford mustang, no thanks.
To each his own man, some people like more than one kind of car
Old 09-14-2009, 12:30 AM   #178
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
With respect to the GT500's rust, it's not a faulty piece and as such its not comparable to trannies blowing, cv joints failing, or improperly working ECU's.....etc, etc, etc, etc....
For Heaven's sakes, I was joking!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:50 AM   #179
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:

Exactly
Old 09-14-2009, 06:16 AM   #180
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
I love my Camaro. It is my fourth one. 1 gen3, 2 gen4s and a 2010 SS. It is everything that I thought that it would be and better. It is a muscle car not a sports car. The Vette is Chevy's sports car. It is a sport coupe, meaning that it will seat 4 people. A sports car is a 2 seater. First time at the strip, bone stock, 13.38 @ 106 mph. No too shabby for $33,000.00 with polished wheels, Boston accoustics and an A6 tranny. That is with me behind the wheel, not a proffesional magazine tester. That is right in line with the best of the Sixties muscle cars. Good luck with your Japanese car though. I just wonder if 20 years from now we will be driving Al Queda built cars.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #181
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
I am only 5'2 and have no problem seeing out of this car, I can park it turn it back it etc. with no issues. I drove a Cavalier and a silverado z71 prior to getting this car, the cavalier had similar "blind spots" with the rear side windows and sat low to the ground, the truck is of course higher but is harder to park(long bed). Maybe it's just me but I don't really find the camaro a challenge to drive like some are making it out to be. I LOVE my camaro! Wouldn't trade it for any other vehicle out there.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:09 AM   #182
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
ive had both spectrums of this discussion I had a 2004 350z with full suspension and full exhaust and a cold-air intake yadda yadda yadda. It was the best car i have owned so far with regards to handleing and pure fun to drive. I had a 2003 Mustang Mach1 full suspension and exhaust which was fun but nothing power for power can compare to my 2002 CamaroSS 35th anniversary convertible (MN6) which is basically stock except for the kooks longtubes, magnaflow catback, air lid & filter. My point is the smaller jap cars are nimble and a blast to drive but you can't replace muscle. Id say u need a 2009 Nissan 370-Z nismo edition with a custom single turbo kit (10-psi) and a full Tein coilover suspension with EDFC. I look forward to getting a 2011 CamaroSS (1-SS) with no options and full exhaust, cold-air intake, camshaft package & 4.10's. You can make your SS the perfect car just start building.

Closed Thread