Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-12-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
rwi2112
Green Manalishi

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Factory 1LE or Detriot Speed ?

Raymond's Performance has a Detriot Speed suspension kit with lowering/stiffer springs and sway bars on sale right now. OR I can get the Factory 1LE kit from GMPartsnow.com. I was wondering what you guys thought would be better for running auto cross once a year. Or better handling in general. Was wanting to do something before Camaro Fest in July.

Thanks, Wayne
rwi2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:18 PM   #2
51LE50

Drives: 2015 1LE, 2SS, Bright Yellow
I suggest looking closely at the organizations rule book before throwing down the Benjamin's. The Camaro can run in several classes in SCCA Solo, but I don't know how competitive it would be in say, F Street against the competition.
51LE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:38 PM   #3
Rodney2011

Drives: 2011 1SS RS
If most of your driving is going to be on the street I wouldn't do much more than rear subframe bushing inserts, front radius rod inserts, a stiffer rear sway, and a street performance alignment.

If your streets are as bad as some of ours softer springs will be better for maintaining traction and you won't spill your coffee.

Use the AutoX to get a feel pushing it above and beyond the limit and don't spend one iota of thinking about winning. The few times I went most of the drivers were so serious about it you won't have a chance with a once-a-year run.
It will make you a better driver in all conditions.

There is nothing better to me than to make a hard turn when some euro sedan is riding your ass, then looking into the review when you are about 400 feet from the intersection and that BMW is just completing the turn.
Pisses them off to no end.
Rodney2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:43 PM   #4
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwi2112 View Post
Raymond's Performance has a Detriot Speed suspension kit with lowering/stiffer springs and sway bars on sale right now. OR I can get the Factory 1LE kit from GMPartsnow.com. I was wondering what you guys thought would be better for running auto cross once a year. Or better handling in general. Was wanting to do something before Camaro Fest in July.

Thanks, Wayne
The Detroit Speed stuff is really nice and Bruce Raymond has set up more of these 5th gens in the Midwest, including some of the fastest ones out there....I also agree you should do the subframe bushings and radius bushings while you are upgrading. I would use the Detroit Speed stuff over the stock 1LE stuff...

Last edited by So Cal Camaro; 01-13-2017 at 12:15 AM.
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 08:09 AM   #5
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
How many miles on car? Suspension's do wear out, lower miles get away with minimal mods...I have over 100k and tryin to decide too....1LE is $1200 approx and you get new shocks/springs/sway bars....goes a lot further....good luck...peace out...
Old 01-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #6
rwi2112
Green Manalishi

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro LT
My 2010 1LT is far from fast but when I looked back at my video from Camaro Fest 6 it looked like it was gonna flip over. AND that's the way it felt out on the coarse. That was the one and only time I ever ran Auto Cross but I loved it. I only drive my Camaro to car shows and every once in awhile on a pretty Sunday. I got a 15 Silverado Z71 Crew cab and a Jeep that I usually drive. My Camaro only has 17k miles so I'm thinking it's not worn out but I like how they look lowered and was wanting it to have less roll when cornering. I would like to put 1LE emblems on it but would feel bad if I didn't actually have the 1LE kit on it. But I don't know if the factory kit lowers the car any. I've talked to Justice Pete on line a couple times but I can't drive all the way to Carolina and Raymond's don't advertise JPSS anymore. Only got a couple grand budget and trying to get the best bang for my buck. Booked my room today for Bowling Green so I'm definitely gonna be there with or without any suspension upgrades. Too many toys I can't give any of them ALL my love I did have the best Friday AM session time in my class in 2015 over a couple SS Camaros but everyone else kept making passes while I went to other events. Didn't do well in the finals but went and Drag Raced after getting put out. Hope to see you guys in Bowling Green in July THANKS
rwi2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:56 PM   #7

Drives: 15 1SS 1LE
I am going to take the advantage that experts are talking about suspensions. What specs for the 1LE factory suspension? What makes it unique? How does it compare to the manufactures? What are the major flaws of the OE GM 1LE suspension?

Thanks very much appreciated.