Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
Fruits of Labor

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS M6 RJT
Yet Another New Guy

Hello all. I have been lurking for about a year and a half now and would like to thank and acknowledge all for their informative post.

Took delivery of my 2011 2SS RJT M6 with polished aluminum wheels and subwoofer a couple of days ago. Took it out on the highway today and these were my impressions:
  1. Sound system with the subs is fantastic
  2. This machine really moves. I was doing 80 before I knew it. The clutch is still a little strange to me, but I`ll adjust. Taking off from stop lights can still be a little adventurous.
  3. Really roomy interior. I`m 6`4
  4. HUD is stellar
  5. That new car smell can be a little noxious in a enclosed area(garage) I had read the post about the smell and thought folks were being a mite whiney. I smell corrected. It can be a little much.
  6. Poster were correct about the rubberneckers gathered around when you drive your vehicle.
  7. The car is bigger than I first thought. Have to be really careful going in and out of garage
  8. Blind spots have not been an issue as of yet. Had the same areas on my traded in `92 3000 GT SL. Just adjust the mirrors accordingly as others have stated.
My first mod will be, to add the Borla S type Catback exhaust. Dealer would not do it claiming, "That system was not approved by GM."

The "Fruits of My labor" has bore "Black Cherry" and most importantly of all, It`s paid for.
Fruits of Labor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Another new guy! That said...

Did you get the Boston Acoustics upgrade package? You'll notice that just about every upgrade is "not approved". I always tell people to go back to stock if they need to get warranty work done. One guy just recently said his dealer was claiming the damage done was by his cold air intake. So, always best to keep the mods away from the dealer techs.

I'm planning on a new exhaust myself, the usual tint, cold air intake, and perhaps eventually a supercharger. My ultimate goal would be to hit 400hp at the wheels and I can be happy.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
Fruits of Labor

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS M6 RJT
Went with the BA premium system with the MTX dealer supllied subs.
Fruits of Labor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruits of Labor View Post
Went with the BA premium system with the MTX dealer supllied subs.
I love the BA system. I was washing the car and listening to music and I covered one of those small speakers with a rag while wiping it all down... I was amazed at how much of a difference it made. I couldn't imagine this car with the stock system. But one of my end goals way down the road after I work on performance stuff is to put in a new sound system with a multi disc player.

Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Welcome to Chevrolet's 21st century automotive Garden of Eden aka the Gen5 family, Fruits of My Labor!

Luckily Transforming your ride with a few personal touch's isn't forbidden by your membership into the lusting Camaro lovers family no matter what the dealer say's. Congrats!

Casper aka Dave
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #6
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Welcome to Chevrolet's 21st century automotive Garden of Eden aka the Gen5 family, Fruits of My Labor!

Luckily Transforming your ride with a few personal touch's isn't forbidden by your membership into the lusting Camaro lovers family no matter what the dealer say's. Congrats!

Casper aka Dave
Or in Caspers case a LOT of personal touches with some fine painting. Still loving that work. You should red out the bowtie though, it might contrast well. Anyway, if only I had a broke friend with your talents, then I could hire him on for some cash and a six pack.

Old 08-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
tdogg169

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Quote:
My first mod will be, to add the Borla S type Catback exhaust. Dealer would not do it claiming, "That system was not approved by GM."
I had the dealer order and install the LLT exhaust upgrade, and got told after it was installed that the GM performance parts are not approved by GM and it has the possibility of voiding my warranty. Not sure what GM approves but your dealer is more then likely not sure as to what is approved and what is not.
tdogg169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #8
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
Hello all. I have been lurking for about a year and a half now and would like to thank and acknowledge all for their informative post.

Took delivery of my 2011 2SS RJT M6 with polished aluminum wheels and subwoofer a couple of days ago. Took it out on the highway today and these were my impressions:
  1. Sound system with the subs is fantastic
  2. This machine really moves. I was doing 80 before I knew it. The clutch is still a little strange to me, but I`ll adjust. Taking off from stop lights can still be a little adventurous.
  3. Really roomy interior. I`m 6`4
  4. HUD is stellar
  5. That new car smell can be a little noxious in a enclosed area(garage) I had read the post about the smell and thought folks were being a mite whiney. I smell corrected. It can be a little much.
  6. Poster were correct about the rubberneckers gathered around when you drive your vehicle.
  7. The car is bigger than I first thought. Have to be really careful going in and out of garage
  8. Blind spots have not been an issue as of yet. Had the same areas on my traded in `92 3000 GT SL. Just adjust the mirrors accordingly as others have stated.

The "Fruits of My labor" has bore "Black Cherry" and most importantly of all, It`s paid for.
So, you are the kind of people that go out and have fun for two full days and do not tell anybody about , then kind of feel guilty and come over here and tell all kind of thing , for know on in order for us to pardon you which is very rare , every other day you will have to tell us what you have done the last two days ,and if you miss only time there is a penalty coming your way , did i make my self clear now ? Joking aside , go ahead and have more fun with your new fund baby ,just like all off us ..
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #9
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Congrats!! Welcome!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #10
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Congrats!

Your second mod should be the $12 skip shift eliminator. If you are a bit anxious about shifting, you will be downright annoyed by the skip shift when turning left through crowded multi lane intersections.
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Wink 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLarry View Post
Congrats!

Your second mod should be the $12 skip shift eliminator. If you are a bit anxious about shifting, you will be downright annoyed by the skip shift when turning left through crowded multi lane intersections.
Never turn left , just go strait or turn right this will save you $12 plus taxes !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Fruits of Labor, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
welcome!
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #14
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
Congrats!

SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote