Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

Old 09-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
mrdoc442

Drives: daily driver = 2000 dodge caravan
Are you serious - I mean SiriusXM?

I am new to this forum but have belonged to several other automotive forums over the years. Actually, I am still active in them but do not contribute to them much these days. Unfortunately so many of these forums descend into childish, immature, hissy pissy fits, rudeness etc.,so I just kind of backed away from these automobile forums. I don't generally post/list my vehicle acquisitions online for the world to see, but you can be assured I am a car guy.

The main reason I joined this forum is to let folks know about the Sirius XM situation with some 2012 Camaro owners. I didn't look up every possible post or thread to see if this has been mentioned or covered, if it has please just move on to the next post and ignore this one.

There are a fair amount of 2012 2LT, 2SS, and ZL1 owners that are being sent notifications that their SiriusXM trial is about to expire after just three months. Owners of the above models and possibly others should be eligible for 12 months SiriusXM trial period. Check your window sticker if in doubt, or have your favorite GM dealer parts department person print out your Vehicle Inquiry System vehicle build data sheet. I usually have this vehicle build data sheet printed out for vehicles I purchase, to add to the vehicles documentation file. It lists all the vehicle codes/options, nomenclature etc., and what they mean. Kind of nice to have this data if you ever decide to sell the vehicle. After a period of time-some years-this information is deleted by GM so don't wait forever to ask for it. You'll need to know your VIN ar at least the last 8 numbers/letters to get this data nfrom the parts dept., so have it handy.

If you are still in doubt, check with your service department to see if your vehicle is one of the vehicles that should have 12 months SiriusXM trial. If it has 12 months eligibility, your service department can take care of it. If you have already paid for additional SiriusXM dervice, you should be able to get a refund for up to 12 months if your vehicle was originally eligible for the 12 months, and you paid after only three months. The GM literature/and online ordering site, and other brochures list the 2LT, 2SS and ZL1 as eligible for 12 months SiriusXM trial, as I said above, but other Camaro models, higher end models presumably, may also be eligible for 12 months trial SiriusXM.

Don't bother calling SiriusXM, tried that, as your will probably not get very far. As I said see your service department, if necessary talk to the service manager. If he is unaware of this issue have him call his GM Customer Service Regioinal Rep. They are aware of this, as I went through it with my dealership, and I am relating to you what I found out. This is a GM issue not the dealership's, so GM shoud pony up for the cost, not your dealership. At least that is the way it was it was in my case.

I hope this may save some of you a dollar or two.

If youhave any questions, just post, PM, or email me and I will try to answer the best I can. I don't get on my computer as often as I used to so if it takes a couple of days to get back to you, I will eventually. It's called being retired. I am not a geek or english teacher so if I have any fat finger mispellings, whatever, please tolerate.

mrdoc442

Last edited by mrdoc442; 09-16-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: update re:VIN
mrdoc442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoc442 View Post
I am new to this forum but have belonged to several other automotive forums over the years. Actually, I am still active in them but do not contribute to them much these days. Unfortunately so many of these forums descend into childish, immature, hissy pissy fits, rudeness etc.,so I just kind of backed away from these automobile forums. I don't generally post/list my vehicle acquisitions online for the world to see, but you can be assured I am a car guy.

The main reason I joined this forum is to let folks know about the Sirius XM situation with some 2012 Camaro owners. I didn't look up every possible post or thread to see if this has been mentioned or covered, if it has please just move on to the next post and ignore this one.

There are a fair amount of 2012 2LT, 2SS, and ZL1 owners that are being sent notifications that their SiriusXM trial is about to expire after just three months. Owners of the above models and possibly others should be eligible for 12 months SiriusXM trial period. Check your window sticker if in doubt, or have your favorite GM dealer parts department person print out your Vehicle Inquiry System vehicle build data sheet. I usually have this vehicle build data sheet printed out for vehicles I purchase, to add to the vehicles documentation file. It lists all the vehicle codes/options, nomenclature etc., and what they mean. Kind of nice to have this data if you ever decide to sell the vehicle. After a period of time-some years-this information is deleted by GM so don't wait forever to ask for it.

If you are still in doubt, check with your service department to see if your vehicle is one of the vehicles that should have 12 months SiriusXM trial. If it has 12 months eligibility, your service department can take care of it. If you have already paid for additional SiriusXM dervice, you should be able to get a refund for up to 12 months if your vehicle was originally eligible for the 12 months, and you paid after only three months. The GM literature/and online ordering site, and other brochures list the 2LT, 2SS and ZL1 as eligible for 12 months SiriusXM trial, as I said above, but other Camaro models, higher end models presumably, may also be eligible for 12 months trial SiriusXM.

Don't bother calling SiriusXM, tried that, as your will probably not get very far. As I said see your service department, if necessary talk to the service manager. If he is unaware of this issue have him call his GM Customer Service Regioinal Rep. They are aware of this, as I went through it with my dealership, and I am relating to you what I found out. This is a GM issue not the dealership's, so GM shoud pony up for the cost, not your dealership. At least that is the way it was it was in my case.

I hope this may save some of you a dollar or two.

If youhave any questions, just post, PM, or email me and I will try to answer the best I can. I don't get on my computer as often as I used to so if it takes a couple of days to get back to you, I will eventually. It's called being retired. I am not a geek or english teacher so if I have any fat finger mispellings, whatever, please tolerate.

mrdoc442
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the info. I hope you hang around and see although sometimes things can get out of hand generally we all get along pretty good. As with all forums you need to watch out for trolls.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
mrdoc442

Drives: daily driver = 2000 dodge caravan
ANGRYBIRD 12 Thanks for the welcome. I guess I could have introduced myself, oh well, senior moment. I have a fair amount of knowledge with regard to drag racing. MY current drag car is a 1971 442 Super Pro car. I started drag racing back in the late 1950's, 1960's, 1970's. Took a little 20 + hiatus in the early 1980's - got back into drag racing in the early 1990's - currently on another hiatus due to wife's illness - long story. In addition to the old school muscle cars, I learned about the newer computer controlled vehicles, turbos/SC etc, as well. I could go on and on. I don't BS or play games and will shoot straight and try my best to help any folks with anything I have knowledge or experience with.

Thanks again.
mrdoc442
mrdoc442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdoc442 View Post
ANGRYBIRD 12 Thanks for the welcome. I guess I could have introduced myself, oh well, senior moment. I have a fair amount of knowledge with regard to drag racing. MY current drag car is a 1971 442 Super Pro car. I started drag racing back in the late 1950's, 1960's, 1970's. Took a little 20 + hiatus in the early 1980's - got back into drag racing in the early 1990's - currently on another hiatus due to wife's illness - long story. In addition to the old school muscle cars, I learned about the newer computer controlled vehicles, turbos/SC etc, as well. I could go on and on. I don't BS or play games and will shoot straight and try my best to help any folks with anything I have knowledge or experience with.

Thanks again.
mrdoc442
Sounds like you have a lot of useful information and experience. We can always use more people like you here. I to am retired...