Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-06-2017, 01:38 PM   #15
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmayhew26 View Post
https://youtu.be/jVZ_5oPFNpo

The old car in that video.

Just drove home in the new 2017 Today. Looking to get out the Buttonwillow soon with it to see how it compares. Should be fun!!
That's flat haulin the mail there friend! Great driving.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #16
Dmayhew26

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Thanks. Really looking forward to getting this new car out. I'm trying to be easy breaking it in but damn she runs good. It was over 100 that day in the old zl1 so hoping to get out there with this one before it gets to darn hot. Hope to see some others out there when I can make it out.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:08 PM   #17
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmayhew26 View Post
Thanks. Really looking forward to getting this new car out. I'm trying to be easy breaking it in but damn she runs good. It was over 100 that day in the old zl1 so hoping to get out there with this one before it gets to darn hot. Hope to see some others out there when I can make it out.
I rarely get to run with other Camaros. Even if they are there, rarely are they in the same class. I just recently bumped to Open Expert/Advanced because I found there were Z/28's running that class occasionally and I think it's fun to set benchmarks that way. There are some tracks where our cars are an advantage but for the most part, we are actually at a slight disadvantage with the weight - or at least at most of the tracks I run. I just ran the West side of TH last week and if you're not careful, you'll find your ass handed to you by a Spec Miata. Porsche's own that 2mile. But I also ran the West combined with the East and then things equal out because we have an advantage on the 3 mile faster course. BTW - if anybody ever has an opportunity to run the full 5 mile Thunderhill CCW - DO IT!!!! Bucket list stuff.

Tags
2017, camaro, race, track car, zl1