Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-06-2020, 02:10 PM   #1
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Lots of scammers are trolling

I've gotten 3 pm's this week from brand new people with 0 posts trying to sell me high end parts. Guys, be careful, don't even respond to these imbeciles. It's all too obvious what's going on.

I've never seen so much of it as we have now. Very sad.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 02:20 PM   #2
Mauimax3
Mauimax3

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
I've gotten 3 pm's this week from brand new people with 0 posts trying to sell me high end parts. Guys, be careful, don't even respond to these imbeciles. It's all too obvious what's going on.

Tell me about it ...some prick on here got me six months ago when I was looking for hex vents.... It was my own damn fault for not looking at their profile closer before sending a cash app payment. $250 lesson. Two more tried after that. ... I led one of them on for days and then had some fun calling them out...Just put up a WTB thread ...it's like flies on sh**.
Magnuson Supercharger, ZL-1 Fuel Pump, Kenny Belle Boost-a-Pump, Kook's LongTube, BTR Stage II, Trunion upgrade, ATI Superdampner, Nick Williams 102mm, Elite Eng. Can, Borla ATAK exhaust w/flow thru cats, CAI box. BMR Suspension upgrades. Dr Phil tuned.
Mauimax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #3
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post

I posted one ad once in the classifieds. All I got were responses from con men.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
thats the only good thing about poverty,i cant afford any dress up parts.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Guys,

Please report these folks and we will address them as we can.

In a post, look to the bottom left corner for the triangle image and click on that. It will bring up a box where you can type in particulars and we will receive an email notifying us of the issue. There are only a limited number of us mods and we may take a little while to get to it, but we will check it out as best we can and address it accordingly....

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 3.35.29 PM.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  54.7 KB

In a PM, the triangle is in the upper right corner. Again, feel free to report these and we will address them as we find appropriate....

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 3.44.36 PM.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  47.9 KB

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:06 PM   #6
SS CTS

Drives: O4 GTO, 93 ZR1, 65 Galaxie 500
Then I got two guys to send you. I just got scammed for $150 and sent to a moderator with no response
SS CTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:17 PM   #7
Rob3D

Drives: Car
I hate scammers.

Wanna buy some wheels?
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:37 PM   #8
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
I'd offer a few tips.
Don't automatically trust:
New users with under 10 posts. They join and make some 1line posts to look legit and they are not
Old users with many posts - scammers love to hack all their accounts and sell on Facebook and any other forums that hacked person has accounts on, including here
Newer money sending options are loved by scammers and won't refund you, don't use it to buy stuff - Zelle, Venmo, ...or older Western Union, Paypal friends and family option.
You might get your money back using paypal goods and services or a credit card, but that's 50 50 depending on how smart the scammer is.
Face to face is the only sure way, an established business with above payment method is about 90% certain, from there just don't buy or use your judgement. There are some great people you can totally trust on here but you don't know until the transaction is over.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote