Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-19-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
ChaseHundreds

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
R1 Concept Purchase

Good Afternoon Chevy Owners,

I'd just like to talk about my recent purchase with R1 Concept rotors and brake pads. Before purchasing anything I always do my research....with that said I didn't do enough with this.

February 28th - The day I initially purchase the E-Line drilled & slotted rotors coated blacked with ceramic brake pads. Customer service was friendly and advised me that shipping would happen within 1-5 business days. I was even given a discount higher than normal since it was directly through a sales rep.

March 4th - Contacted customer service through the website on the status of the order. I was told that the transaction had not been cleared and to follow up the next day or so. Which I found weird since it had already come out of my Paypal/bank account. Doing as they said and I followed up the next day. It had been cleared which was a good sign that things would start rolling.

March 11th - Sent customer service an email in regards to my order since no shipping email was yet sent.

March 12th - I received an email early that morning.

"Upon checking, looks like we are awaiting 1 rotor to finish your order, The tracking number will be updated once the item ships out".

Ok cool, I had no problem with this just be patient and wait it out. It was at this point, I knew things would go south. Later on that afternoon, I received a few emails following up that one

"We apologize for the confusion. We have sent you an email to inform you that Eline rotors for the front are out of stock and we offered our Geomets"

As we have checked, a Representative left an email to inform you that the eLine Front Rotors are out of stock and offered the Geomet Series. It'll take 3-5 business days to ship if you want an exchange.

I was extremely frustrated at this point since someone had already told me the shipment was almost done which it wasn't. I was satisfied since I'd be upgraded at no additional charge, but at the same time, I was confused because it only stated the front rotors were out of stock which led me to believe only the front would be upgraded. I contacted them once again through email addressing my concerns and received an email back.

I forwarded your response to the appropriate department to further assist you. We will send you an update as soon as possible

March 13th - At this point, I've had enough after searching the different forum sites and seeing mixed reviews I was ready to cancel the order altogether. I called customer service that afternoon to get an answer. I was greeted and helped by someone who understood my frustration. Initially, I was told that the change to my order had never happened which was disappointing, but not surprising after everything. He told me that I would be receiving Geomet drilled and slotted rotors, but they would be not coated black since it wasn't an option. I could totally deal with this since it was an upgrade. My order was changed and placed.

March 14th - Received an email which said my order was shipped and expected March 19th. This led me to believe something was a little off about the order since I was told before that they were being machined from the original order.

March 19th - I received my rotors and brake pads, but here's the catch... they are only slotted and the packaging...well it speaks for itself. At this point, I'm just going to keep them since it was a free upgrade, better material and from other reviews slotted have a better grip than drilled/slotted. It was also my fault because I look back at my receipt on Paypal and it said slotted on there, but the seller told me I was purchasing drilled and slotted so I didn't bother to look. Also, the gentlemen on the phone looked at my order and said drilled and slotted. Take my experience as a grain of salt compared to others, but I felt the need to share.
Attached Images

Current Mods: RDP Tune, Kooks LT 1 7/8, Flow Masters Outlaw Series Cat-Back, Cold Air Induction CAI, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Catch Can II Gen, Oracle Tinted Side Markers, 15% Tinted Windows
ChaseHundreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:05 PM   #2
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I purchased the drilled and slotted geomets this winter. I was told they were made to order. If I remember right I was told they would ship in 2 weeks and they would provide shipping info at that time. After the 2 weeks I got nothing. I sent an email. The next day they tell me my rotors did not pass quality and they have to make new ones. This would take a week. After one week I sent an email... they said they would ship soon, they were getting coated. A couple days later I emailed again.... and they said that they had shipped that day, and they provided shipping info. I did finally get what I ordered.

After all that hassle, I would not purchase from R1 concept again...
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #3
ChaseHundreds

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
I purchased the drilled and slotted geomets this winter. I was told they were made to order. If I remember right I was told they would ship in 2 weeks and they would provide shipping info at that time. After the 2 weeks I got nothing. I sent an email. The next day they tell me my rotors did not pass quality and they have to make new ones. This would take a week. After one week I sent an email... they said they would ship soon, they were getting coated. A couple days later I emailed again.... and they said that they had shipped that day, and they provided shipping info. I did finally get what I ordered.

After all that hassle, I would not purchase from R1 concept again...
Well I'm glad to see it wasn't only me who had a bad experience. Luckily you were able to get what you order lol. I really want to return this order, but I don't want to deal with the return process, the fee of shipping back and the long wait.
Current Mods: RDP Tune, Kooks LT 1 7/8, Flow Masters Outlaw Series Cat-Back, Cold Air Induction CAI, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Catch Can II Gen, Oracle Tinted Side Markers, 15% Tinted Windows
ChaseHundreds is offline   Reply With Quote