Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars

Old 07-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #15
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
The car was then handed over to Eric at MPD1 for him to start working his magic. Plans included are as follows:

- MPD1 Cowl Induction Hood
- MPD1 Smoothie Rear Exhaust Panel
- MPD1 Front Spolier
- Heritage grille with custom Rick Bottom Motorsports designed Carrage Works grilles
- MPD1 Rear Spoiler
- MPD1 components painted to match along with subtle "ghost" rally stripes all painted by Eric

We will be posting pics and details of most of the process done by Eric very soon!

Eric and MPD1 can be found at www.MPD1.com
Stinger hood, STINGER HOOD!

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:03 PM   #16
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
suscribed

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #17
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
First thing Eric did was bolt on a MPD1 Cowl Hood. Don't worry its going to be painted later

The hood looks so mean and gives the car such an aggressive look. The curve near the windshield matches the curvature of the glass, so the lines are clean and the design just looks "right" when installed, almost like it should have come from the factory with it

Cell Phone pic, not the best but gives you a good look at the hood.

Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:17 AM   #18
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
I dig the lines of the 1969 cowl induction hood (with a tad bit of clearance - if needed.
I always dug opening the hood of my '69 to show the seal and air cleaner that meant it was the real deal.

LOOKING GOOD!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:19 PM   #19
Sales @ CAI Inc

Direct from Eric at MPD1:

Next the aftermarket spoiler that got nicknamed "the broken wing" was removed to make way for the MPD1 rear spoiler. Fortunately the silicone and 2 way tape holding the ends on cleaned off and we were able sand and buff the paint so no trace was found from this spoilers footprint.

Assembling the rear spoiler in this high tech fixture, what else would work better than a trunk lid!

Our next step was to get this front spoiler we had started developing over a year ago finished.It had been roughed in but I was not really feeling it. Once mounted it clicked what needed to be done,final development went quickly. Here it is just about ready for primer.

Old 08-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #20
Sales @ CAI Inc

(Direct from Eric at MPD1)

Front Spoiler Prototype in Primer

Final Fitment check

Prototype spoiler with the flange added, just about ready to make a mold off of it!

After a mold was made we made the first part from it. Slowly hand trimmed it while checking fit on the car. Once trimmed part was placed in mold and scribed around so all future parts can be trimmed precisely. This one was used on another Camaro, and then we built a second one and left the flanged area on in the grill area to facilitate another mod (posting that soon)

Old 08-07-2014, 01:06 PM   #21
mpiersd

Liking the chin spoiler. Can't wait to see it painted.

ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
Old 08-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #22
Sales @ CAI Inc

Got the LSX 427 block powder coated Chevy Orange, we did all the prep work and powder coating right here in house. Really liking how it turned out!!

Old 08-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #23
mpiersd

I can take the old block off your hands. you really don't need it layin around taking up shop space. Just sayin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Got the LSX 427 block powder coated Chevy Orange, we did all the prep work and powder coating right here in house. Really liking how it turned out!!

Last edited by mpiersd; 08-08-2014 at 09:48 AM. Reason: i spel gud
Old 08-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #24
Sales @ CAI Inc

From Eric @ MPD1:

We purchased a 3 pc set of grilles from Rick Bottom, these are custom made by Carriage Works for him. The lower grill is meant to be an overlay but we were having none of that. 1st step was to make a flange for the grill surround so we had something to attach to. This pic is the fiberglass laid up on an old bumper cover.

Here is the part removed

Here it is trimmed and ground smooth!

Old 08-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #25
Sales @ CAI Inc

From Eric @ MPD1:

Sanded and cleaned the original paint and bonded to the cover with structural adhesive.

For the lower grille I Trimmed 1/4 inch off of ends of the grill bars and cleaned off all mounting tabs and touched up with black paint.

For the upper grille, the plastic grill bars were removed from theheritage grill, and the inner surfaces smoothed out and the grill mounted much like the lower grill. In this picture it is in paint which is the same color as the stripes that the Camaro will be getting, just subtly lighter than the main body color.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #26
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Nice job guys! Looking forward to seeing the progress. Thanks for posting the pics!
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #27
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Nice job guys! Looking forward to seeing the progress. Thanks for posting the pics!
Thanks Nathan! You're build thread doesn't even have words to describe how awesome it is. All I can say is....WE ARE NOT WORTHY!! LOL
Old 08-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #28
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Coming along nicely!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai inc, cai inc intake, cold air inductions inc, cold air intake cai