Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-10-2011, 06:12 AM   #1
melrdgz129

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Red Jewel Tintcoat
Unhappy New Camaro and already in shop!!!!

My camaro is only 2 months old and within the past 3 days its been it the shop twice! The first time it was because it left me stranded across town because didn't want to start. It had complete power through out the whole car... it just wouldn't turn over to start... So I had to have it towed to the dealership and they said that the programing was wiped from my key and my car threw itself in anti-theft mode.... How the hell that happened... They have no clue.... and of course 2 days later I get 5 codes while driving my 5 yr old home from his reading class and my gauges were flipping out (jumping from one end to the other).... WTF???? U0073 (x 3), P069E and P0700 were the codes I got from Onstar and I told the dealership that 2 of the codes came up in the history according to Onstar and asked them how come they didn't detect it or get the same info when I told them it was giving me the same message on the DIC as before??? The guy looked at me like I had no clue what I was talking about.

So I'm thinking there has got to be something wrong with the brain (the ECU). There is no way all these major things can all go bad all at the same time.

Anyone have any advice????
melrdgz129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
Patrol.in.a.Camaro
Lockin it Down!

Drives: 2012 V6 2LT/RS IOM Camaro
No advice, as I am not an expert by any means with this stuff. But I feel for you and I hope that this issue is resolved for you quickly without anymore mishaps :-)
2012 2LT/RS coupe. Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Black Strip. 6 Speed Manual. IOM Leather Interior. Sunroof. 15% Window tint ~ Black Billet Door Sills ~ Orange Billet Racing Pedals ~ IOM Molded Splash Guards ~

~That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness~
Patrol.in.a.Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #3
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
keep taking it back until they fix it right
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
melrdgz129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol.in.a.Camaro View Post
No advice, as I am not an expert by any means with this stuff. But I feel for you and I hope that this issue is resolved for you quickly without anymore mishaps :-)
Thanks... I do too... I'll see what they'll say on Monday.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #5
melrdgz129

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
keep taking it back until they fix it right
That's what I'm afraid of.... they are going to keep fixing things they think are the problem and keep clearing the codes instead of fixing the real problem.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:39 AM   #6
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by melrdgz129 View Post
That's what I'm afraid of.... they are going to keep fixing things they think are the problem and keep clearing the codes instead of fixing the real problem.
my advice bring it to another dealership its warrent under chevy right? any dealership must honor that if this place has no clue wtfh there doing sorry for your troubles hope you get it sorted quick so you can enjoy your car

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #7
melrdgz129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
my advice bring it to another dealership its warrent under chevy right? any dealership must honor that if this place has no clue wtfh there doing sorry for your troubles hope you get it sorted quick so you can enjoy your car
Yep... I thought of doing the same thing... I'm going to see what they say on Monday and if things keep messing up then more than likely I'm going to go San Antonio or back to Houston where I got it.

Thanks, me too... I'm already going through withdrawals... lol.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #8
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Yep... I thought of doing the same thing... I'm going to see what they say on Monday and if things keep messing up then more than likely I'm going to go San Antonio or back to Houston where I got it.

Thanks, me too... I'm already going through withdrawals... lol.
im not in your shoes and i feel your pain not to long ago i got hurt at work twisted my ankle nothing bad but was off my leg for 3 days it was my right ankle could not drive her for three days it was torment!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #9
melrdgz129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
im not in your shoes and i feel your pain not to long ago i got hurt at work twisted my ankle nothing bad but was off my leg for 3 days it was my right ankle could not drive her for three days it was torment!
Glad your ankle is better. Yep it sucks my hubby says our 5 yr old son is going through withdrawals as well... He asked me yesterday when I got back from the dealership in a different vehicle "Mom where is the camaro??? Where's my car???" Lol
Old 07-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #10
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Glad your ankle is better. Yep it sucks my hubby says our 5 yr old son is going through withdrawals as well... He asked me yesterday when I got back from the dealership in a different vehicle "Mom where is the camaro??? Where's my car???" Lol
kids think they own the world but it will all be sorted just be glad it came now not later at least you know for damn sure your covered wont pay a cent

Old 07-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
The wiped key thing is a little scary...

Sounds like you have the dreaded electrical gremlins... They can be very difficult to diagnose. Maybe a bad ground somewhere... I feel for you and hope they find and fix it soon.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #12
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Yeah , that's the first sign of withdrawals , you will have to tell him in a simple way that she [the car ] had a stomach flu , and that will be good son , also will help if you tell him that she misses him to .
Quote:
My camaro is only 2 months old and within the past 3 days its been it the shop twice! The first time it was because it left me stranded across town because didn't want to start. It had complete power through out the whole car... it just wouldn't turn over to start... So I had to have it towed to the dealership and they said that the programing was wiped from my key and my car threw itself in anti-theft mode.... How the hell that happened... They have no clue.... and of course 2 days later I get 5 codes while driving my 5 yr old home from his reading class and my gauges were flipping out (jumping from one end to the other).... WTF???? U0073 (x 3), P069E and P0700 were the codes I got from Onstar and I told the dealership that 2 of the codes came up in the history according to Onstar and asked them how come they didn't detect it or get the same info when I told them it was giving me the same message on the DIC as before??? The guy looked at me like I had no clue what I was talking about.

So I'm thinking there has got to be something wrong with the brain (the ECU). There is no way all these major things can all go bad all at the same time.

The way he looked at you was the look that he was getting more info than he could digest at once .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
Dr.Bender

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Sucks! Had my 2011 in 6 times for the radio cutting out before GM ok'ed a new one...
Dr.Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #14
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:

Of all the cars built a percentage will have problems. You got that percent. This goes for anybrand car in any price range. Hopefully they can ficks it once and for all. Also make sure your keyfob does not come in contact with any strong magnets.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote