Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
When Was The Last Time You Worked Out At The Gym

I work out about 3-4 times a week to stay healthy, active, and in shape. As far as exercise i do pushups, situps, pull ups, running, weight lifting, and boxing classes.

What areas are you trying to work out ladies? If you need tips and motivation just ask we're here to help.

If you go to the gym what type of work out plan are you on?

Guys how much can you bench? (bragging rights)

Post pictures if you have any aswell. So many people in America today that's out of shape these days. I feel if you try to exercise and watch your calories what you eat we all can be healthy and happy.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Good thread to start....I don't go to the gym....because its In my room doing p90x helped me lose 40lbs but I can never know enough about more ways to workout!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
Renegade
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
Good thread to start....I don't go to the gym....because its In my room doing p90x helped me lose 40lbs but I can never know enough about more ways to workout!
For the last couple weeks i've seen women and a few the guys talking about it so thought i make a place to call home to get help and talk about it.

One thing about people who haven't worked out for years they lose focus and determination easily. My friends sister she's not exactly the biggest or thinnest girl she don't got patience and prefer having a friend go to the gym with her to make it comfortable so she don't feel people looking or laughing at her. It can be a big issue mentally she stopped working out now and just happy being her.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #4
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
I go to the gym every other day for weights, and run 5-7 miles on my off days. Also I never eat fast food, soda, or any junk food at all.

Last edited by austinjames; 10-17-2012 at 12:31 AM.
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
I go to the gym every other day for weights, and run 3-7 miles on my off days. Also I never eat fast food, soda, or any junk food at all.
Soda is one of the leading causes for obesity.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #6
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
I agree 100%...I mean I didn't just do the 90 days and the weight flew off...NO, did I lose about 20 pounds, yeah but I personally was still unhappy with myself.

Focus and just doing it everyday was hard. I made the mistake thinking this has to be easier than insanity etc. and I was dead wrong lol

My advice to any starters would be to first, map out the diet they give you. (I didn't and I paid for it) and secondly, just stay with it and don't get discouraged...if someone like me that *use to eat fast food almost every other day and cokes throughout the day go to quit drinking soda etc and lose 40 pounds, I believe anyone can do it
Old 10-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #7
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
I actually just got back to the gym tonight after a year and a half break and it felt amazing. I pretty much just do weights and some cardio thrown in. Just enough cardio to keep the fat down and heart in shape. Before I quit going I would bench 405 for reps and max at 495. I'm a bigger guy at 6'5" 300lbs (normally around 260) but it's gonna be a while before I'm lifting like that again. Tonight just did light weight for reps to get everything going again.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #8
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin's Bee View Post
I agree 100%...I mean I didn't just do the 90 days and the weight flew off...NO, did I lose about 20 pounds, yeah but I personally was still unhappy with myself.

Focus and just doing it everyday was hard. I made the mistake thinking this has to be easier than insanity etc. and I was dead wrong lol

My advice to any starters would be to first, map out the diet they give you. (I didn't and I paid for it) and secondly, just stay with it and don't get discouraged...if someone like me that *use to eat fast food almost every other day and cokes throughout the day go to quit drinking soda etc and lose 40 pounds, I believe anyone can do it
It's all about your heart, focus, and set goals for yourself. Take things one day at a time.

One of the worst thing i've seen is people paying 100's for a gym membership and never go make excuses why you can't make it. I actually know people who's done this too.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #9
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
I actually just got back to the gym tonight after a year and a half break and it felt amazing. I pretty much just do weights and some cardio thrown in. Just enough cardio to keep the fat down and heart in shape. Before I quit going I would bench 405 for reps and max at 495. I'm a bigger guy at 6'5" 300lbs (normally around 260) but it's gonna be a while before I'm lifting like that again. Tonight just did light weight for reps to get everything going again.
Congrats bro. Keep up the good work. It does feel good your alot more active and feel good about yourself when you look in the mirror.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #10
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntgome1 View Post
Just got out the gym an hour ago.... Here in the middle east thats all you have to do with your spare time. Most of the guys are on the Crossfit bandwagon rite now but I like to stick to the jailhouse work out. Run my 6 miles a day, hit the bench, do a few lat pulldowns, some dips/pullups and im usually done. I usually like doing exercises that work multiple muscles so that I dont have to stay in there as long. I do hit the gym twice a day 5 or 6 days a week. Im a small guy @ 5'10" 195lbs. so my bench press rep is normally 3 sets of 10 reps @ 225. My max that I have been willing to try without a spotter was 2 reps of 320. The second rep was because I was feeling myself ( I damn near died ).
Never ever try to be hercules. Leave it to the professionals.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #11
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Never ever try to be hercules. Leave it to the professionals.

Yeah I remember when that happened.... Actually there were a few female lifters that almost took a L that day as well..... GOD that looks like it hurt....
Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #12
Renegade
Banned

The girl from Kaz here is a beast she'd whoop some grown men ass.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #13
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Congrats bro. Keep up the good work. It does feel good your alot more active and feel good about yourself when you look in the mirror.
Thanks man. Felt good to get back. The gym used to be my second home lol I could easily spend 4 hours a night there when I was in my prime. Couldnt stand missing the gym for anything. Ive been meaning to get back for a while. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is getting back on my diet. Dozens of eggs, oatmeal, fish, chicken, yams, brown rice, broccoli, spinach.......yum lol

If anybody needs diet advice feel free to ask. I spent about a year researching and designing and refining my diet to suit my needs at any given time. There really is a science behind it if you want to go hardcore. Its amazing what different foods can do for you when you eat them at different times in different amounts etc.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #14
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
If anybody needs diet advice feel free to ask. I spent about a year researching and designing and refining my diet to suit my needs at any given time. There really is a science behind it if you want to go hardcore. Its amazing what different foods can do for you when you eat them at different times in different amounts etc.
This is one thing Im stubborn with.... my eating habits are the worst...I cant stick to a diet worth shyt.