Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #15
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I've never ground 2nd gear but I did bake some clutch learning to power brake/ peel out in a manual for the first time in this car.

Refrain from using the brake for burnouts as it will break the clutches in the LSD, get a line lock....
Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #16
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by '11CamaroLS View Post
i would like to know what we can do also, i have never felt an actual grind going into second, but i know that it just doesnt feel good going into second at higher rpms. my problem i have is sometimes it just wont go into first. its like it goes a little bit in but not all the way. so i put it back to netural and try again, and most time it takes more then 3 tries to get it into 1st or i say screw it and throw it into second to take off in. If im not in a hurry cause im at a light when i put it into netural i pump the clutch a few times, and it does seem to help, or maybe its just a coincidence or just needed a break before i try again lol i dont know. its done that i think most the time ive owned this car, so it may be a clutch issue more then a tranny. either way the tranny for sure is the weak link here for manuals. i mean freaking toyotas use the ay6 lol i think with all the factory goodies we got like IRS, and LSD they would give us a better tranny lol.

Sounds like the ideal g slave is for you, not enough fluid for proper disengagement. get the gto res too, I think it was about 15 bucks.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
smoke1lt

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs/sim
My 60' times are 1.9xx ,clutch is holding up so far, i have smoked it a few times though.But yes the big problem with mine is 1st to 2nd shift.Trying to shift mine from 1st to 2nd under 9# of boost at 7,000 rpms is not good,i have been shifting mine just over 6k rpm and shifting slow losing alot of time.Will be watching to see if the new synchro's help.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #18
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
As I contemplate the performance future of my Camaro, I keep coming back to one problem.

The manual transmission on our 5th gen Camaros just is not up to the job.

Here is a fact for you, the stock tranny on these cars, is UNDER rated for the power output of the LLT.

All the M6 cars, except maybe the newest 2012s and 13s with the carbon syncros, ALL grind 1st to 2nd gear. If yours doesn't grind, you probably just cannot shift fast enough.

Any more power we make, generates more of a problem. The limit is right about what we can make with bolt ons.

All the m6 Forced Induction guys are having to replace their clutches. Clutch, I can understand, that is something that will need to be upgraded on every heavily modded car.

So what is the solution? A built tranny?

In addition, our gear ratios SUCK! 1st gear has a 4.48 ratio! The SS on the other hand has a 3.0! 4.48 is just too damn high! It makes the car a nightmare to launch and I have yet to see ANY M6 car pull better than a 2.0 60'. In fact, has any car done better than my 2.0? Which was on stock tires...

Help me out here people! How do we solve these problems?
Easy fix.....JET ENGINE!!!
CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #19
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
Convert it over to and automatic, will solve all your problems!!! Easier to launch, easier on ALL your other parts and more consistant!!!
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #20
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coyle View Post
Convert it over to and automatic, will solve all your problems!!! Easier to launch, easier on ALL your other parts and more consistant!!!
And lose the fun factor no thanks
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #21
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
.[/QUOTE] Flywheel and clutch are great but they don't solve the tranny problem unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

They don't but that not why I asked. Since I will be replacing them transmission would be out of car so why not try to stop the grind.
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #22
twmotox

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
Im sure someone will be coming up with an adapter plate to install the ss m6 into the v6
Old 10-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #23
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
And lose the fun factor no thanks
Word auto is indeed the better choice for drag racing but even with FI my car will never be a drag specific car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
Flywheel and clutch are great but they don't solve the tranny problem unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

They don't but that not why I asked. Since I will be replacing them transmission would be out of car so why not try to stop the grind.[/QUOTE]

My bad read that wrong.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #24
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by twmotox View Post
Im sure someone will be coming up with an adapter plate to install the ss m6 into the v6
That would work...is it possible?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #25
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Quote:
If the input shafts are the same thn it's a fairly straight forward deal.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #26
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coyle View Post

Old 10-24-2012, 06:15 AM   #27
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Quote:

Jay Leno's v6 turbo has a tremec, not sure how they pulled it off.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #28
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oplay View Post
Jay Leno's v6 turbo has a tremec, not sure how they pulled it off.
Hmmm did not know that.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote