Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-24-2018, 11:24 AM   #15
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Greg isn’t permitted to talk about 16 year olds girls anymore.
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #16
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
More room to get laid in a Challenger.....not trying to be creepy, just sayin'.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:10 PM   #17
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
But we know you’re that actual father. People like us are down to 23%.
I swear man, you know I’m not picking on any one person but this is an indictment of parenting and has nothing to do with horsepower or vehicle choice. For one to go straight to the NO answer without so much as an explanation is an opinion that makes no sense. It sounds like jealousy because the naysayers couldn’t have a hot car when they were 16.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:37 PM   #18
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
I swear man, you know I’m not picking on any one person but this is an indictment of parenting and has nothing to do with horsepower or vehicle choice. For one to go straight to the NO answer without so much as an explanation is an opinion that makes no sense. It sounds like jealousy because the naysayers couldn’t have a hot car when they were 16.
I think the naysayers. including myself, just don't want to share the roads with 16 year olds with 400+ HP cars because I don't know them or their parents or how they were raised.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #19
anthony martinez

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Sheesh, it’s like the village idiots all got together, had a meeting and said “ let’s pick a thread and make ourselves look like morons today.” Both my 16 year olds drove a truck and a sports car with over 300 hp without hitting anything all through high school and college because I raised them right, took the time to teach them and was able to judge thier maturity level before putting them behind the wheel.

Attachment 958010
lol, My 12 y/o will be getting my camaro when she turns 16. Of course I will change a few things. Mainly the tinted windows, but it will retain all other mods done to it. I too think that it is a maturity thing. I think that either car will be good however, if I had a choice, I would probably choose the challanger of the camaro b/c of visibility.
anthony martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #20
YoungCamaroHopeful

Drives: Black 2010 1LT w/ SS nose
Hey guys when I got my camaro I was sixteen, I worked my ass off to be able to afford it and I love my car. I have never gotten in any accidents or any tickets, with that being said not everyone should be able to have a camaro or challenger for their first car, but if the op wants their daughter to have one of the sickest cars around, he should be able to decide if she will be responsible enough.
YoungCamaroHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:32 PM   #21
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Oh no.....here comes all the comments about who can afford what.. ..how they got it and who deserves it. Throw another bag of popcorn in the microwave .
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #22
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Oh no.....here comes all the comments about who can afford what.. ..how they got it and who deserves it. Throw another bag of popcorn in the microwave .
Well, I was the son of a sharecropper, and my... oh wait... Weeeze! get me my scrapbook...

It will be interesting if the OP actually returns to read any comments. Join a Camaro forum to ask what car to buy, something is fishy with that. Hmmmm, I wonder if he also joined the Toyota, Honda, Subaru and Kia forums and ask the same question.

I really don't care, as long as she is a responsible, alert, driver.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #23
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
Safer and comfier are nice, and obviously being a Camaro forum we'd all love to safe "Camaro." However, she needs to drive them both and see what is more comfortable and safer for her. Camaro has tons of blinds spots (unless you learned to drive with all your mirrors and not turning your head as much). Then again, the Challenger is probably 1000# heavier. That's a frickin tank!

Teacher her to drive a Camaro, and it will be comfy and safe.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #24
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
I say have her do an extensive test drive of both and let her decide which she is most comfortable driving. By extensive, I mean put the cars through the paces in regards to backing up, parking, entering/exiting an interstate, changing lanes, etc., etc.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:19 PM   #25
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I wish I had these options when I was 16. My Dad bought me a 1982 beater Nissan Stanza with 150k miles for $500 back in 1992.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:41 PM   #26
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
my kids both learned to drive in my 66 pontiac hotrod with 375 hp. and drum brakes.although they have had a few little mishaps they have both survived in their own cars.i would worry more about people of all ages texting and driving like asshats than a somewhat nervous 16 year old,who is at least going to be concentrating on staying on the road and not hitting much...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:40 PM   #27
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddieAcademyofStafford View Post
What's more safer / comfier for a 16 year old girl ? A dodge challenger or a Chevy camaro ? ? ? ?

Regards,
Daycare Near Stafford VA
Thats easy, challenger, more specifically a Dodge Demon! Get her that!

Dont forget the track pack!

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:02 PM   #28
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
This is the dummest thread of the year

Tags
best daycare in stafford