Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-25-2010, 07:12 AM   #1
xshortd

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Woke up....check engine...called onstar

Hello there,
I have a question that I am fairly worried about. Today I woke up and went to my car to go to work, as I was driving I saw that my check engine light was on, the second i saw i called onstar and they told me that it had something to do with the fuel pump and fuel delivery system, he proceeded to ask my weather i noticed any performance differences i said "no". he then said "has it been raining?" I said "yes" so then he said "check your passenger footwell it seems like you may have a leak there which is causing the errors because that is where the module is" he then told me to check my carpet to see if it was wet.

So:

i check my carpet and it isnt wet.

I know i have to call the dealership to set up an appt for this, but does anyone know what can be the problem here. Im pretty worried.

THanks GUYS!
xshortd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
SSLarry

Drives: 2SS LS3
worried about what? Take it in and get it fixed... for free.
SSLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
check the gas cap. this can cause a cel. Dealer fix should be no problem, computer found it, dealer will too.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Have you filled up recently? Check your gas cap and make sure it is tightened until it clicks... 3 times...

The CEL will come on if the cap is not secure....
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #5
xshortd

i filled up like a week ago havent had any problems since, can the gas cap be a problem now?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #6
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Yes the cas cap not being turned until it clicks a few times can cause that... It does that on GM and Dodge..
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:03 AM   #7
xshortd

Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Yes the cas cap not being turned until it clicks a few times can cause that... It does that on GM and Dodge..
thanks as soon as i get outta work ill check it out. appreciate it, if not like you guys said ill take it to the dealer.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Just take it in, no sense trying to figure it out. The dealer techs will sort it out and you likely wont even be charged.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #9
xshortd

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
Just take it in, no sense trying to figure it out. The dealer techs will sort it out and you likely wont even be charged.
I sure hope they dont charge me! i dont see what I could of done to cause this.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #10
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
You could check your cap and run by AutoZone, they will read the code and if it is the gas stuff they will reset it. If it happens again then take it in. My Honda did that once.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #11
xshortd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
You could check your cap and run by AutoZone, they will read the code and if it is the gas stuff they will reset it. If it happens again then take it in. My Honda did that once.
Thanks for the info but i think imma go straight to the dealer to have them check it out. just to be safe ya know.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #12
ABM/IOM

Drives: aqua blue ls and inferno orange ss
To xsshortd. My wifes LS had that problem also. Took it in to the dealer because it sounded like the fuel pump was running after the car was turned off. The fuel pump ran for over 20 mins. Took it in and had to leave it there for 2 days. The techs couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car, so they had to put a call in to Chevrolet. After they pulled the diagnostics from the computer they had to send the data to Chevy. They found a loose wire off of the fuel pump pin connector. I'm wondering if this may be a problem with the v-6 models? Listen for your fuel pump later when you shut off the car. Go to the passenger rear of your car near the wheel. That is where you can hear it best.
ABM/IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #13
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM/IOM View Post
To xsshortd. My wifes LS had that problem also. Took it in to the dealer because it sounded like the fuel pump was running after the car was turned off. The fuel pump ran for over 20 mins. Took it in and had to leave it there for 2 days. The techs couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car, so they had to put a call in to Chevrolet. After they pulled the diagnostics from the computer they had to send the data to Chevy. They found a loose wire off of the fuel pump pin connector. I'm wondering if this may be a problem with the v-6 models? Listen for your fuel pump later when you shut off the car. Go to the passenger rear of your car near the wheel. That is where you can hear it best.
Mine doesn't do this... but I'll keep an eye on it now that you mentioned it.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #14
xshortd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM/IOM View Post
that is a very interesting point, i went to go get ice cream with my gf the other day and we sat in the car while it was turned off, my gf heard a noise like something was turning off i didnt think too much of it but it was like 5-10 min after the car was off. the only thing is that it sounded like it came from the front rather than the back. But i def have to check this out thanks alot.